Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life wizards unite

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 16, 2009
okay i think its high time all of us life wizards unite on the forums.
and i think i speak for most of us when i say enough with the whining about GS.
but this is not the only issue or why we should unite. the reason we should is because there is constant complaining about us as a school. and well its time we fight back. i want all life wizards to come together and to vote. to have all healing spells removed from all other schools. excluding life and death wizard. in pvp. and yes this includes pixie

all the other schools whine and complain about us healing in pvp. but they do the same thing they heal as well and not only that. but they use our spells to do it.
so its okay for you to use our spells to heal but its not okay for us. where do where do you get off

all of the other schools excluding life and death have become OP. in that they not only do 3 times more damage then we do but. they can out heal our damage as well so we stand there. constantly healing and shielding and then they complain because that's all we are doing. well if you where not trying to be a cheap knock off of a life wizard the battle would actually have an end.

and yes i am implying that all schools excluding life and death. should only be able to blade trap and attack. after all in none of there class discriptions is healing mentioned. when you go to create a storm fire balance myth or ice wizard. its simple really if you want heals then you should make a life or death wizard.

because allowing all schools to heal is actually ruining pvp.
non of these schools where ever given the healer title so why do they have heals. they obviously are not a support school yet they bash on life for being a support school. this has really erked me sprite fairy and satyr should all. be removed as trainable spells from moolinda wu and should be quest spells for life wizards only

Defender
Jun 23, 2011
ban life spell for school? i think that's a little too much and makes pvp no fun. think again life wizard are great at pvp or just battling monsters life wizard keep us alive but anyways life is a great school you should't be happy to be a life wizard 8)

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
Life wizards unite! Only heals from their own schools. They constantly ask us to heal them, and attack them, and shield them. Well I too have had enough of this calling us healing noobs when they too are healing like crazy out there. We try to stay alive, as our school ENCOURAGES us. And they just keep on trying to nerf and nerf and nerf and death wants more powerful doom and glooms and balance want stronger spells and ice wants more resist and storm wants super resist vs ice! Fire wants harder hits, myth wants more stuns, and life just wants to keep their spells! All us life wizards are asking for is heals, and poison ivy (the most popular "new" spell topic). all the other schools can go super insane all they want but take away their heals and give them this. Then we will see how life truly is the one being beaten up. what ever happened to life and balance being equals and ice having lower damage than life? now life is the weakest schools with non unique spells. Heals are the unique part about life. DoT is fire's. making other schools seem much weaker is storm's. stuns and minions are myth. all schools have some properties of most other schools but life's healing is now being slowly sucked away until life is no longer unique for it's many heals. satyr, pixie, sprite, regenerate, dryad, GS, unicorn, rebirth, guiding light, brilliant light, and even minor blessing can now be obtained by every school and duplicated in their deck. life is no longer unique for their heals and is now just a tool for keeping the other schools which can now be better alive. I only heal those who are nice to me and do not steryotype life WHILE using the spells they are steryotyping. they can keep pixie and the heals from their own schools but everything else should be life only spells. from now on, let the highest and best spells be level specific and school specific.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Sigh another rant. :/

Anyways here is my argument against this. Anyone can argue their school is no longer unique, for instance all the lvl 7 and 8 cards are tc and tradable. Also a lot of the utility spells (not just Avalon) are also available for everyone to use. Some spells might not be as useful but they are available.

Ex. Since I am death I jnow this one pretty well. Plague and virulent plague are both in a tc version. These spells are used a lot on 2v2 and up.

So life is not the only one who lost their "specialty".

My personal opinion is I don't think there should be so many tc of spells that aren't trainable. Ex. Plague, unicorn, etc. Simply there should always be mixing of other schools though I feel there should be a limit to it. I believe they should have stopped making tc cards at lvl 6 so anything above it is school specific.

Maybe it would be ok to have tc as just a drop from bosses so it limits them. Elucidate is a rare tc and I think that it's just the right amount for pvp since not everyone has it but if you work hard you can get it. Also it won't be spammed since it is rare.

Learn to share the schools. =P

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
i am happy to be a life wizard what i am not happy about is that KI is slowly turning all other schools in to life wizard knock offs aside from removing all heals from all other schools excluding life and death to give us back what makes us unique is to make sanctuary effect life spells only

well frogs life and death wizards should be the only ones with healing spells
this would not only make the other schools appreciate us life wizards but it would also force people to form actual groups and in doing so look for a life wizard to support that group for a dungeon other schools would actually seek us out to group with us not only that but they would be gratefull for what life wizards do and that's support the team

instead what i see going on from the other schools they could be doing a dungeon or just out questing and all of us life wizards can see that the other
schools are thinking life wizards who needs them i got my own heals which i trained from there school by the way in short life wizards are slowly becoming obsolete and on top of that KI is giving them there own heal spells

in short this thread is for all life wizards to band together in protest against us becoming obsolete to the other schools

further more KI had a system in mind at the start any way
and this is what the system was going to be but every one got greedy and started whining i want i want so ki got sick of the whining and gave it to you whiners

this was the system every school was supposed follow in the beginning
every school was going to have its own roll to play in the grand design

ice was going to fill the much needed roll as a tank
some one who taunts all the monsters to take the beating so the rest of us don't take damage and has a high amount of resistance to reduce incoming damage

life would fill its obvious roll as the healer some one who kept ice alive and to make ices job easier while what ever damage dealers storm fire myth balance or death dish out the punishment to what ever it is we are fighting
but that's not to say wouldn't heal the rest of the team if they needed it
in short life dictates weather or not you live or die

fires roll obviously a nice damage dealer roll because your spells linger and deal damage over time who's job is to slowly kill uninterrupted because life and ice are doing there jobs pretty well

storm a high burst damage dealer some one who stacks there blades and traps for a highly damaging attack who is also able to do so because life and ice are doing there intended rolls

death the necromancer some one who not only deals damage to what ever they are fighting but can sustain it self by stealing its enemy's HP and adding it to there own while dishing pretty good damage

balance a utility school who in some small way supports the team not only by dishing out damage but by supporting the team with its universal blades and by universal i mean they will boost any schools damage not just any one kind
who also increases the groups power pip chance by 45% i might add

myth also a damage/ utility school who not only supports its team by dishing out punishment but also by removing what ever protection the enemy team may have be it shields or blades with earthquake

but some where along the line all other schools got healing spells from the life school and are now getting there own healing spells on top of that eliminating both ices and life's crucial rolls making life wizards obsolete
while actually doubling ice's strength

so while the rest of you are happy stealing from life what made us unique we will fade off in to the distance never to be seen again because well you no longer need us to fill our roll as medics after all who needs a doctor when they them selves are a doctor

well i refuse to go down with out a fight it is time for us life wizards to protest against the other schools getting heals i vote remove all healing spells from all schools except life and death

i refuse to sit here while all the other schools laugh at us because they no longer need us and then proceed to yell at us for doing what we where made to do in the first place and this does effect pvp on a massive scale and on top of that we finally get an amazing spell and all other schools cry nerf nerf nerf and then finally they cry remove it from pvp so i say remove all healing from all other schools except life and death

if you want to be a healer make a life wizard don't go and take from us what makes us what we are and then give it to every one else while getting mad at us for doing what we do best

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
From my understanding life school is about healing the whole team keeping them alive while other wizards attacking. Every school should do his own job. If you want to remove the healing spells from all schools its fine as long you will give up all your attacking spells. Its a fair trade. Life is about healing not attacking.
The biggest problem that life can resurrect themselves, ability that should be for death wizards. I of course against this spell to be used for any school as it break the basic PvP rule when your life reach zero you lose.
Besides GS is the only spell that cannot be removed.
Life has the exclusive privilege to get unlimited lifes in PvP while other schools should fight to keep their health.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
gougou101 wrote:
ban life spell for school? i think that's a little too much and makes pvp no fun. think again life wizard are great at pvp or just battling monsters life wizard keep us alive but anyways life is a great school you should't be happy to be a life wizard 8)

You are rather contridictory. I quote a message you made on another post about why people do not like pvp
gougou101 wrote:
some school have spell let them live forever

I think we know what some school is correct?

gougou101 wrote:

(i think you know what "some school" stand for what school)

I believe life sir, is that correct? I assume it is. We will go with that until i am told otherwise. So basicly what i gather from these posts is that you like the spell, but you dont like it used against you correct? Sorry, its a double edged sword.

I shall site my source: https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/52928.ftl

For those of you who wish to whine and complain, please stop making new threads about the exact same topic. Take it to an already made thread

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
open33 wrote:
From my understanding life school is about healing the whole team keeping them alive while other wizards attacking. Every school should do his own job. If you want to remove the healing spells from all schools its fine as long you will give up all your attacking spells. Its a fair trade. Life is about healing not attacking.
The biggest problem that life can resurrect themselves, ability that should be for death wizards. I of course against this spell to be used for any school as it break the basic PvP rule when your life reach zero you lose.
Besides GS is the only spell that cannot be removed.
Life has the exclusive privilege to get unlimited lifes in PvP while other schools should fight to keep their health.

Well put.

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
No, no and NO! You weren't thinking about this when you saw the bosses health and a Storm's health in Avalon were you? Yes, there is Healing Current, but not until lvl 75. Moving on from Storms' with Mastery Amulets.

Lets consider...Fire. They have 2 somewhat healing spells. Link and Power link. Let's take out there amulet and what do you get in Avalon? A dead fire wizard.

I agree with you open. If we loose our healing spells, you loose your attacking spells.

-Gtafreak101
~Eric CrowSpear - 80
~Eric LifeGiver - 77
~Eric FrostSpear- 46
~Eric MoonSpear - 37
~Eric SoulStalker-31
~Eric FireFlame -24

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
This argument strikes me as particularly ridiculous. You claim that the other schools having the ability to heal is somehow overpowering. I fail to see the logic here. No school is an island on its own simply relying on solely in school talents. The very existence of training points is an implicit acknowledgement of this simple fact. Even within schools, not all spells are geared to that schools specialty(example: all storm spells are not attacks or charm manipulators, all fire spells are not DoT's). Removing heals from other schools and removing the option to train said heals would not bring balance back to the spiral, it would simply throw the game out of whack.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Ban heals? Are you nuts? Heals are the only reason my Legendary Diviner has survived Dragonspyre plus. Now that she's on to Zafaria finally, I find the heals even more necessary with all the defeat and collect quests.

To make it fair then, hmm. I'd go with what others have said, let Life only heal and all the other schools attack. Personally, even though I dislike the Life school (No offense, I just don't like the play style.) I wouldn't want it to be all heals all the time. Life is meant to be a supporting school, to heal and attack when necessary.

I'll aadmit, I wouldn't have made it through the Trial of the Spheres without my Life friend. Yes, he healed, but he also attacked. If you dislike healing, go for attacking and fend for yourself. It is quite possible to solo on a Life. (Though I won't try it, as I find it quite tedious.)

Anyways, stop complaining. If you dislike our play style, then play as a Storm and train Life to Satyr. You'll see that it quickly become a necessity to continue to progress.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
okay first i started this post because i saw another post some one else made. about removing guardian spirit from pvp so i started a post in protest. against it the trade off was if you want to remove guardian spirit from pvp. then remove all healing from the other schools in pvp. although now i can see i haven't been very clear about my statement. i have no problems with the other schools getting a low level support heal for pve. because yes i know allot of the fights are getting tougher. even for life wizards such as my self i apologize for the misunderstanding. although i do feel that the other schools should never get satyr how ever pixie and sprite are fine. but i must say the bonus healing for the other schools is getting way to close to what life is capable of doing. which i feel will render life wizard's obsolete if not taken care of soon

now i love playing my life wizard

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Sariana1337 wrote:
okay first i started this post because i saw another post some one else made. about removing guardian spirit from pvp so i started a post in protest. against it the trade off was if you want to remove guardian spirit from pvp. then remove all healing from the other schools in pvp. although now i can see i haven't been very clear about my statement. i have no problems with the other schools getting a low level support heal for pve. because yes i know allot of the fights are getting tougher. even for life wizards such as my self i apologize for the misunderstanding. although i do feel that the other schools should never get satyr how ever pixie and sprite are fine. but i must say the bonus healing for the other schools is getting way to close to what life is capable of doing. which i feel will render life wizard's obsolete if not taken care of soon

-face palm- If we can train it, we can keep it. End of discussion. Seriously, do you want a Storm to die just because they can't heal? No, you don't. Then allow them to keep Satyr. It's only fair.

Or, as a trade off, Life should lose any four pip spell from the other schools, perhaps four and up pips. Then, it would be even.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Sariana1337 wrote:

I must say I fail to see why other schools should not be able to train satyr or how the ability to train satyr somehow disables life....

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
Sariana1337
You was clear enough, you want to create dependency to life school for any high lvl dungeon. So for every dungeon run we will seek for life wizard. Its very selfish from you. You said that you only lvl 62 so you probably don't realize how difficult are the last worlds. If you feel unneeded other schools should not suffer from it.

If you protest against removing GS, state why it is fair to keep it for pvp while life wizards allow to die infinite times and still win while others school need to fight for the only life the have? Consider that your satyr heals for over 4000 your bonus incoming healing is 205% and you only level 62 as you stated at "best school for pvp matches" two days ago.

Don't make nonsense statements like people do: such as GS makes life school (because before they got the spell life wasn't really life) or like you do to remove all healing spells from other schools. Do you want to remove from life school all the high damage spells? like you said: "every school was going to have its own roll " "life would fill its obvious roll as the healer"
Think about it. Do you really want to be pure healer with minor attack spells and be dependent on other people to hit?

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
open33 wrote:
Sariana1337
You was clear enough, you want to create dependency to life school for any high lvl dungeon. So for every dungeon run we will seek for life wizard. Its very selfish from you. You said that you only lvl 62 so you probably don't realize how difficult are the last worlds. If you feel unneeded other schools should not suffer from it.

If you protest against removing GS, state why it is fair to keep it for pvp while life wizards allow to die infinite times and still win while others school need to fight for the only life the have? Consider that your satyr heals for over 4000 your bonus incoming healing is 205% and you only level 62 as you stated at "best school for pvp matches" two days ago.

Don't make nonsense statements like people do: such as GS makes life school (because before they got the spell life wasn't really life) or like you do to remove all healing spells from other schools. Do you want to remove from life school all the high damage spells? like you said: "every school was going to have its own roll " "life would fill its obvious roll as the healer"
Think about it. Do you really want to be pure healer with minor attack spells and be dependent on other people to hit?

okay if it is selfish to want to create a dependancy to life wizards and to keep our heals to our selves then it is selfish for storm to be the only school who can do high burst damage

it is selfish for death to be the only school who can do drain damage
and it is selfish for ice to be the only school with high resist

and i will not come up with some bogus statement about GS makes life wizards life but this is why GS should be in pvp all the other schools are always trying to 1 hit kill us now if you can kill a life wizard in one hit how is that fair well KI has finally given us some thing to counter the one hit KO storm and fire wizards are normally trying to do constantly to life

the one hit KO was our one big weakness i mean seriously do tell me open how is it fair for all the damage dealer types to be able to do 21000 damage in a single hit to one shot a life wizard in pvp this is why KI gave us GS now all the whining about it is all the pvp damage dealer types such as storm and fire ect because while they can still one shot KO us we can say no not happening i'm coming back with a vengeance and mess them up how ever i will agree that GS has been abused and should be limited to 3 in your deck as thats about what i would have

and i am now level 67 but my stats are the same as when i was 62 here are my stats the only difference now is i have my WW robes where as then i only had boots and hat but now have all 3 and my HP and mana have gone up

Life Damage (54%)
Universal Resist (27%)
Accuracy +(6%) to ice
Life Critical (120%) all others (30%)
Universal Block (70%)
Power Pip Chance (99%)
Incoming Healing (55%)
Out Going Healing (0%)
Stun Resist (0%)
Armor Piercing (0%)
HP (3441)
Mana (508)

the 205% bonus healing this is how i get it

Gear 55%
guiding light 30%
brilliant light 30%
troll ear pendant 40%
sanctuary 50%

and when i hit 70 i will be getting crescent moon axe at which point i will lose 10% to all universal critical but my life critical will still be 110% and my block will remain 70% how ever my bonus healing from gear alone will go up to 67% at which point my toltal healing will be 217% and this is what my bonus healing stats will look like

Gear 67%
guiding light 30%
brilliant light 30%
troll ear pendant 40%
sanctuary 50%
= 217% bonus healing

this is why my satyer heals for 4000 and criticals for 9.500
my regenerate does 2.400 and criticals for 4.800 per turn for 3 turns making the toltal healing from regenerate greater then satyr at a wopping 14.400 and my rebirth can do 4.700 and believe it or not my fairy can critical for 2.200 as for dryad i don't use it because it is way to expensive in pvp and pve and i have absolutely no need for it what so ever
but for the sake of argument i sill asume that dryad would be my 21.000 heal

but i'm not a strait healer i use life blade +40%
and spirit blade +35% with gear 54 % and my forest lord does 1600 damage

and for the love of god don't start going out and saying that life is OP because we are not

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
Sariana1337
I said you selfish because you want to make a life dependency upon getting to dungeons so every time we have to get a life wizard to join. non of other wizard are not make or want to make such thing for their school. For now there is no specific school necessarily to pass any dungeon and that's how it should be.

If people can kill you with one hit its means something very wrong with your gear or strategy you use. You can use shields weakness and fortify to reduce damage. Maybe you need gear with better resist rather that super healing gear? Of course you can remove his blades or that little fiend they put on you. Don't forget that pvp pet should add 10%-14% resist to all.
If you allow to the damage dealer class to get enough time for such crazy damage 21k its mean that you need to attack more or protect yourself more.
My deck designed to be able change strategies over the game I not use only one or too attacking spells I use big and small once. Storm have very little health you don't really need much attack power to kill. So speed is very important with storm. Defending strategy is not the best answer against high damage wizard so be offensive sometimes.

Answer my previous question please: "If you protest against removing GS, state why it is fair to keep it for pvp while life wizards allow to die infinite times and still win while others school need to fight for the only life the have? "

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
open33 wrote:
Sariana1337
I said you selfish because you want to make a life dependency upon getting to dungeons so every time we have to get a life wizard to join. non of other wizard are not make or want to make such thing for their school. For now there is no specific school necessarily to pass any dungeon and that's how it should be.

If people can kill you with one hit its means something very wrong with your gear or strategy you use. You can use shields weakness and fortify to reduce damage. Maybe you need gear with better resist rather that super healing gear? Of course you can remove his blades or that little fiend they put on you. Don't forget that pvp pet should add 10%-14% resist to all.
If you allow to the damage dealer class to get enough time for such crazy damage 21k its mean that you need to attack more or protect yourself more.
My deck designed to be able change strategies over the game I not use only one or too attacking spells I use big and small once. Storm have very little health you don't really need much attack power to kill. So speed is very important with storm. Defending strategy is not the best answer against high damage wizard so be offensive sometimes.

Answer my previous question please: "If you protest against removing GS, state why it is fair to keep it for pvp while life wizards allow to die infinite times and still win while others school need to fight for the only life the have? "

you want me to justify why GS should stay in pvp well here it is life school is not just about healing believe it or not healing is a means to an end and that end is to survive that is what life wizards are all about survival and team support the same goes for GS it is another means of survival now we as life wizards sacrifice damage for our survival spells what do you sacrifice to be able to use our healing spells that's what i thought nothing now from my point of vew all the other schools get it both ways while life has to choose pleas do tell me how is this fair

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
Sariana1337 wrote:
open33 wrote:
Sariana1337

you want me to justify why GS should stay in pvp well here it is life school is not just about healing believe it or not healing is a means to an end and that end is to survive that is what life wizards are all about survival and team support the same goes for GS it is another means of survival now we as life wizards sacrifice damage for our survival spells what do you sacrifice to be able to use our healing spells that's what i thought nothing now from my point of vew all the other schools get it both ways while life has to choose pleas do tell me how is this fair

Maybe you should try to take second school as we do? If we may chose life. You lets say take storm and craft a nice life$storm gear combo that boost damage and critical for both schools. My second school is storm and I have storm mastery amulet believe me even without the gear their spells very strong.
Second school choice exist to complete the wizard, because every school has his own weaknesses.
Life schools is about healing letting others to do their own jobs but not surviving. Ice school is the master of survival don't mix it up please.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Sariana1337 wrote:
open33 wrote:
Sariana1337

Really the only schools that need to use life spells are fire, ice, and myth. All the other schools have some form of healing spell. (I did not include link, or power link since it doesn't heal a lot).

People who use life spells must sacrifice their amulet space which could of given them health and maybe blades, triage, reshuffle, etc. Then to make healing worth while they will have to sacrifice another item to get some healing boosts, instead of damage or resistance.

Really every school is shared at this point. You don't see it too much because people need to heal rather than use a different school attack. Life, death, and balance usually use a myth mastery for earth, and shatter. So myth shares their spells and they don't complain.

On a final note I believe gs should have a full proof way of countering it such as using earth, or steel charm, or destroy charm. The I wouldn't mind gs going back to its original healing amount since at that point it has a full proof counter.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
open33 wrote:
Sariana1337 wrote:
open33 wrote:
Sariana1337

Maybe you should try to take second school as we do? If we may chose life. You lets say take storm and craft a nice life$storm gear combo that boost damage and critical for both schools. My second school is storm and I have storm mastery amulet believe me even without the gear their spells very strong.
Second school choice exist to complete the wizard, because every school has his own weaknesses.
Life schools is about healing letting others to do their own jobs but not surviving. Ice school is the master of survival don't mix it up please.

First of all, the only thing secondary schools are good for is utility spells. I would not ever even consider for a second to craft gear that boosts my life critical or damage. Death: feint and doom, ice: tower shield, life satyr, and balance: weakness, myth: earthquake. This is why you dont see archmage wizards in dual school gear boosting. You lose resist universal blocking damage to your primary school accuracy to your primary school, or power pip percentage and critical to your primary school if you are storm. Thats a whole lot to give up in order to critical on those stormzillas every now and then.

I am not going to debate with you why you are using storm mastery amulet. However i will talk some sense into you about that last paragraph. Life school is not all about healing. If it is, explain to me why we have attacking spells? Is this not why we have gnomes forest lord seraph and centaur? And if we arent a school that can effectively "tank" other schools, then explain to me why my life wizard is a pvp commander without guardian spirit as he is only level 62. My life wizards damage is below average, i have well below average critical, and i can completely stop you from killing me. How you ask? I use my side school's utility spells and keep you from bladestacking with my myth mastery and my earthquake, and i am able to tower if i do not have the pips.

I dont need guardian spirit. I have proven that. Guardian spirit, when i get it will only be a boost to my strategy. Just like Fire's detonate helps their strategy and myth's shift, and balance's supernova and mana burn. Is balance not about winning the pips war and using a variety or strategies to kill you? Is fire not about using their DOT's to kill you? They were before, and will continue to be after.

To be honest, i have a weakness. I really doubt anyone can figure out what it is in mid pvp, and no it is not doom and gloom, i heal through that. My weakness is critical spammers. Not the occasional critical, because i use conviction on my life, but the spammers who's every hit seems to critical and you just cannot block it. Critical spammers dont work on my myth or storm. Wyrd oak staff and The wild crafted universal blocking boots, and for storm misty mountain madallion.

So what am i getting out you may ask? We all have our weaknesses. Sariana claims she know what ice's weakness is, which to be honest, i dont doubt her. Myth is the only school that doesnt have an extreme weakness. But i wont get into that. If we can mask our weaknesses as best as we can, and have fun playing other players and the excitement of winning, and the hunger to win next time when you lose, that is what pvp was designed for. Not people to complain because now life wizards' strategies recieved a boost, just like every other school did as well.

But hey, complaining is what the message boards are for correct? I personally am not a fan of complaints. You could say that is my weakness i guess in a way. I would tend to agree. I get around it, just as i get around ice's resist, storm's damage, death's drains, fire's dots, Myth's utility spells, balance's supernova and judgement, and life's guardian spirit.

I am all schools, so i tend to have a broader opinion of things.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
Snowyandspots wrote:
Sariana1337 wrote:
open33 wrote:
Sariana1337

Really the only schools that need to use life spells are fire, ice, and myth. All the other schools have some form of healing spell. (I did not include link, or power link since it doesn't heal a lot).

People who use life spells must sacrifice their amulet space which could of given them health and maybe blades, triage, reshuffle, etc. Then to make healing worth while they will have to sacrifice another item to get some healing boosts, instead of damage or resistance.

Really every school is shared at this point. You don't see it too much because people need to heal rather than use a different school attack. Life, death, and balance usually use a myth mastery for earth, and shatter. So myth shares their spells and they don't complain.

On a final note I believe gs should have a full proof way of countering it such as using earth, or steel charm, or destroy charm. The I wouldn't mind gs going back to its original healing amount since at that point it has a full proof counter.

i'm sorry snow but sacrificing an item slot is not good enough i say give back the item slot and take away your ability to critical heals and take bonus healing away from your gear combine out going and incoming healing in to one add it to life gear only and only life wizards should be able to critical heals
but your heals will still be able to be boosted should a life wizard use sanctuary guiding light or brilliant light on you this way you can keep your heals but by your self all you get is the basic amount the card says you can heal for sounds fair and this gives life back what makes us life

but you will no longer be able to critical heals or boost your heals by your self there must be a life wizard present

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
Snowyandspots wrote:
Sariana1337 wrote:
open33 wrote:
Sariana1337

Ice needing a healing spell? Please check their health and resist and inform me why they of all schools need a healing spell.

Myth does need a healing spell.

Fire. They have Link and Power Link to heal. It doesn't do much. Storm's Healing Current doesn't do much either. Storm gets left out because of one spell that has a 33.333.... chance of being healed? No. Fire gets counted out because of theirs. Myth is the only school that needs one. Try Healing Current 40-50 times in Unicorn Way and tell me your results. :)

-gtafreak101

~Eric CrowSpear-Archmage Diviner

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
Sariana1337 wrote:
Snowyandspots wrote:
Sariana1337 wrote:
open33 wrote:
Sariana1337

i'm sorry snow but sacrificing an item slot is not good enough i say give back the item slot and take away your ability to critical heals and take bonus healing away from your gear combine out going and incoming healing in to one add it to life gear only and only life wizards should be able to critical heals
but your heals will still be able to be boosted should a life wizard use sanctuary guiding light or brilliant light on you this way you can keep your heals but by your self all you get is the basic amount the card says you can heal for sounds fair and this gives life back what makes us life

but you will no longer be able to critical heals or boost your heals by your self there must be a life wizard present

Back to you Sariana1337
You will not be able to critical with any damage spell or boosts you attack. The damage on the card is fixed for you. Life should not be able to make high damage leave it for damage schools.
Like you said
this gives life back what makes us life

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
thejordanator wrote:
open33 wrote:
Sariana1337 wrote:
open33 wrote:
Sariana1337

First of all, the only thing secondary schools are good for is utility spells. I would not ever even consider for a second to craft gear that boosts my life critical or damage. Death: feint and doom, ice: tower shield, life satyr, and balance: weakness, myth: earthquake. This is why you dont see archmage wizards in dual school gear boosting. You lose resist universal blocking damage to your primary school accuracy to your primary school, or power pip percentage and critical to your primary school if you are storm. Thats a whole lot to give up in order to critical on those stormzillas every now and then.

I am not going to debate with you why you are using storm mastery amulet. However i will talk some sense into you about that last paragraph. Life school is not all about healing. If it is, explain to me why we have attacking spells? Is this not why we have gnomes forest lord seraph and centaur? And if we arent a school that can effectively "tank" other schools, then explain to me why my life wizard is a pvp commander without guardian spirit as he is only level 62. My life wizards damage is below average, i have well below average critical, and i can completely stop you from killing me. How you ask? I use my side school's utility spells and keep you from bladestacking with my myth mastery and my earthquake, and i am able to tower if i do not have the pips.

I dont need guardian spirit. I have proven that. Guardian spirit, when i get it will only be a boost to my strategy. Just like Fire's detonate helps their strategy and myth's shift, and balance's supernova and mana burn. Is balance not about winning the pips war and using a variety or strategies to kill you? Is fire not about using their DOT's to kill you? They were before, and will continue to be after.

To be honest, i have a weakness. I really doubt anyone can figure out what it is in mid pvp, and no it is not doom and gloom, i heal through that. My weakness is critical spammers. Not the occasional critical, because i use conviction on my life, but the spammers who's every hit seems to critical and you just cannot block it. Critical spammers dont work on my myth or storm. Wyrd oak staff and The wild crafted universal blocking boots, and for storm misty mountain madallion.

So what am i getting out you may ask? We all have our weaknesses. Sariana claims she know what ice's weakness is, which to be honest, i dont doubt her. Myth is the only school that doesnt have an extreme weakness. But i wont get into that. If we can mask our weaknesses as best as we can, and have fun playing other players and the excitement of winning, and the hunger to win next time when you lose, that is what pvp was designed for. Not people to complain because now life wizards' strategies recieved a boost, just like every other school did as well.

But hey, complaining is what the message boards are for correct? I personally am not a fan of complaints. You could say that is my weakness i guess in a way. I would tend to agree. I get around it, just as i get around ice's resist, storm's damage, death's drains, fire's dots, Myth's utility spells, balance's supernova and judgement, and life's guardian spirit.

I am all schools, so i tend to have a broader opinion of things.

Have you ever tried to use second school as attack with good crafting gear? Or its just in theory? You not see others because they don't want to waste time, spell points and regents to crafting new gear to test it and of course getting mastery amulet just for test. Besides like with everything you need lots of time to create the best strategy and good deck. It is very hard no wonder you never saw one.

You do have life attacking spells just to make you able to solo otherwise no one will take school without ability to solo. You the last school who getting AOE spell. As balance wizard I can take your gnome spell with two blades on it without any shields and heal most of the damage with 2 power pips. So it is true your role is healing leave the damage to other schools.
I never collecting blades i may strike without them big and small spell mix. All you will do is just heal like all wizard do when I fight them.
Besides Ice, Fire and death got weaken by life's fault because now remove DoT spell cost nothing many has TC card to remove DoT.

I will say it again we complain because GS unbalance PVP and if there is a good way to counter it as all other spells than we will not complain. We stated the problem. Your response is like I don't care I like it and others mean less for me.