Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 8-10-12

AuthorMessage
Hero
May 02, 2009
I like to be able to do things outside of pve, but I also like the holidy content as well.
P.S. For future polls like this, you really should consider making it multiple choice as usually people like more than one thing in the poll options and want to be able to choose all of the things they like and not just one.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I would like to see more side worlds added similar to Grizz/WT. Wintertusk was awesome. Recently there was an image for a side world to Mooshu. I would like to see that one too.

We all know the Spiral has many worlds out there waiting to be explored. But even with the addition of side worlds, the level cap would also need to be increased. And for some of the more casual players, this may even help them prepare better for ZF and Avalon.

One other thing, Pet training, Change this to allow us to train our pets in actual battles with better xp and talents.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
I voted for new things to do outside of questing, but it's really a toss up for me between that and new side-worlds. I know new high level worlds are probably in the works (yay!) but I do like having side worlds with quests for new spells, more training points, different stuff to see, more housing options, etc. Different systems/stuff to do outside of questing would be nice for those of us that like to pay even if we've cleared the quests.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2012
i would love for some new spells added with a new world! when you guys come up with a new spell it makes me work harder on W101 because i want those spells here are some spell ideas
Life:Gryphon Rnk: 10
875-965 to all enemies.
Lifeblade to caster.

Death:Hades Rnk:10
870-940 damage
-50 to next Healing spell

Ice:Sabertooth Rnk:10
850-950 to all enemies
Stun all enemies for 2 rounds

Storm:Archon Rnk:10
900-1000 to all enemies
Remove all charms from all enemies

Myth:Agrius Rnk:10
875-990 to all enemies
Remove all positive charms from enemies

Balance:King Cobra Rnk:10
790-870 to all enemies
-35 damage to next attack to all enemies

Fire:Warlock Rnk:10
890-980 to all enemies
-40 accuracy to all enemies

or
my fav is the sabertooth.

Elijah GreenDreamer
Adept Theurgist

Defender
Aug 07, 2011
Plain and simple, put in moderators, update chat filters, remove emotes used to depict lewd acts -- in short, do what you have to do to clean up the Spiral already. You've ignored this problem a long time and it is growing worse. There's only so much our reporting will do and we can't report visuals because you'll peg us a false reporter. The visuals are what worry me most. My grandson's menu chat doesn't protect him from that.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
I would love to see some new updates for the Ipod/Ipad. A game to help level up pets would be AWESOME!

ellie

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
ArmoredRaptor wrote:
Revising and polishing the game textures will bring the Pixar effects into Wizard101.

This can be done by enhancing some of the older textures to improve the visuals of the overall game.

If Pirate101 has better graphics and interface, so why can't Wizard101?

I will love to see a new high level world, but it needs to be enjoyable and not so difficult.

New high level spells and pets will be awesome.

Thanks for reading!

agreed. Enjoyment is my main factor

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Professor Falmea wrote:
Hello Wizards! It has certainly been a busy week for us - we're working on putting up another update to Test soon, plus working on a bunch of other super secret stuff you'll see and hear about in a little while. ::grin::

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, we’d like to poll you and see what sort of updates interest you the most. It may be difficult, but you’ll only be able to vote for your ONE favorite. Below, feel free to expand upon your vote and discuss.

Looking forward to seeing your opinions on this! I hope you have a FIERY Friday (it's not too hard - it's hoooottt out there), and a sizzling weekend!

holidays diffenitely :D
i love holiday events on wizard101 and cant wait for october to roll around for another spookfest

Defender
Jun 08, 2011
Extra-curricular non-combat activities would be my vote. While new worlds (and further fleshing out existing worlds) are great, I would like to have more things to do that do not involve battle. Perhaps theatrical magic, putting existing theatres and playhouses to new use for a circus. Alchemy as an expansion on crafting, brewing the various Potion Motion flasks to have specific, short-term effects when the wizard consumes them? A cooking mini-game? Or, since Ravenwood is a school, what about having functional homework in-game?

Defender
Jul 03, 2012
Defender
Feb 26, 2012
Tamato5 wrote:
I would really enjoy having higher level caps, and new spells, all the fun stuff that comes with a new world. (plus I really do like the idea of legendary weapons that I posted in the Dorms) :D.

"Great power is not learned, it is earned"

Tristan DarkBlade Archmage Ice

Yes yes yes, i loved that post it was the best thing i had read that week it was brilliant
~John Dragoncatcher Archmage Sorcerer~

Explorer
Apr 27, 2011
Spell ideas:

Fire: Magma Dragon - 970 damage and 2 smoke screens.

Ice: Sabertooth - 720 damage to all enemies and stun over 1 round.

Storm: Raiju - 300 damage and 900 damage and one weakness.

Death: Deadly Wolf - 780 to all enemies, swap half to health and one infection.

Myth: Griffin - 800 damage to all enemies and removes 3 blades.

Life: Archangel - 700 damage to all enemies and spirit armor to all friends.

Balance: Anubis - 900 balance damage to one target and 2 weakness.

Survivor
Aug 05, 2012
New high level world and cap increase; they give you more to do on your "main" who may or may not be sitting idle at the menu screen waiting for something else to conquer. :)

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
how are there only 2 so far that said "Holiday Content" ?

I am always glad for all the different kinds of updates - but I had to pick Holiday Content. Thank you :D

On the Side World category : I love the idea of new adventures that either are really hard with great drops - like Winter Tusk & Water Works Dungeon - or are areas that are attainable to lower level characters - like Crab Alley & Wysteria - so people who have mixed character levels don't have to wade through the whole game every time, in order to access the newest content. I just hope that, while they are mini worlds and usually won't have anything to do with the main story line - that they are more fun and attractive to play than Wysteria was. I can't think of a single reason to go back on other characters. I saw that Helephant Tower was the only reason to begin with, but now I know that even the gear you get as drops there isn't much better than what you get in Avalon, so I'll just wait in the future Wysteria is beautiful but the story was like the side quests in Marleybone (dealing with a lot of unlikeable people for a long time - and with little point to it at all.) Also, regarding side areas/worlds and side quests - I wish they were more often just short stories that weren't required by the main quest line (like some of them in Grizzleheim and like all of Crab Alley) instead of the endless "fetch & carry" that is common.)

For the Other category : it's related to Side Worlds & Areas - but I specifically wish that sometimes the teams that do the Side Worlds & Areas would make them be add ons to the lower level worlds.

Sprucing up Wizard City could yield secret rooms to walk into on every street where there are a variety of level bosses to battle for new drops and new items to pick up. Also adding new shops like a Beauty Parlor to change the color and style of the character's hair - not to mention a new variety of styles, a Realtor with access to all the houses and castles of the Spiral in one spot, the expanded dye shop : D - a Music Shoppe that carried the music of the Spiral and the Music Player, a Handy Mann's Repair Shoppe - for bug reports and suggestions that don't have to wait for Test Realm, an Elke's Edge Imports that had more exotic Housing Items from the Spiral - like the rugs from Zafaria, the Leprechaun items from Avalon - but in Wizard sizes, the musical instruments from Crab Alley, other items seen in the game but not yet available to players from every world & including imports from Pirate101.

Sprucing up DragonSpyre might be adding a lost labyrinth - with many switch backs and clues from defeated monsters. Like it was a rite of passage in the old days but in the Malistarian Devastation the entrance to the labyrinth was lost. Elements of rescue side quest, major and minor boss battles, enticing drops, and the fun of a really hard puzzle are all possible there.

I hope a sprucing of Krok would be something to do with a lost burial place where the ghosts of the first Manders who created Balance Magic are found, helped and learned from. And new shops or secret rooms :D

Also, just stories and adventures to go with the doors and caves we can't access now like the one at the end of the street near Stormdrain Tower, the doors in the hard dungeon under waterfall in Grizzleheim, (the ones that are opposite the ones you do go in.) and just a lot of other places in the existing game that at first sight you thought there'd be story to go there eventually - but there wasn't.

But for one Main Favorite Wished Update -

Holiday Worlds - only open for the month of the holiday - a different world for each holiday - there could be seasonal world doors in the World Tree that only open up that month or an initiating quest opens a sigil to a world through an area that is usually inactive.

Somewhere else I've already asked for this, but I couldn't find the post with all the details. I wish there were whole worlds with quests that are based on that holiday's traditions, myths and legends. Or if the creators have to be very careful about religious generic content the worlds could be based on literature. Dickens and Poe spring to mind, but there must be others that have holiday & seasonal themes but aren't really religious in nature.

The Side Quests could follow the "pop-culture" traditions of the holiday - Like if the Winter/Christmas World was based on Alice Hoffman's The Ice Queen, the side quests would be where you have business with Santa, elves, presents, Jack Frost etc.

For ideas for an interesting (not obvious) St. Patricks Day World there's a web page you can search for called - "Sayings Stories and Verses About the Leprechaun" - on Google it comes up as the first link.

For Spring there is Idun, Idunn, or Iduna from Norse Mythology - Goddess of Spring, her husband Bragi who are messed with by Loki the trickster. See britannica [dot] com for a start to the mythology. There seems to be a lot to work with for a good story. And the side quests could have to do with Easter Bunnies, Eggs, treasures, hunting, Loki- apart from his main quest line with Idun & Bragi.

And for Spring/Easter you could add a crown castle that was a gardeners house that the main point is that it's magical and if you bought it and plant your garden inside it - there is a resident Garden Mole helper that does your harvesting for you and takes care of all the needs. So people can still have the benefit of gardening - even if they only get to play on the weekend or on vacation.or if you know your going on an extended absence from the game during heavy work or test season.

For Halloween there is a whole slew of Gothic stories that could be used for main quests and the side quests could have to do with trick or treats, jack o lanterns, witches on brooms, black cats, pranks, ghosts and headless horsemen of Sleepy Hollow, etc. For the book ideas, of course there are Frankenstein, Dracula & The Picture of Dorian Gray - but there are also The Woman In White by Wilkie Collins, The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova, The Tapestried Chamber (1827) by Sir Walter Scott, The Old Maid in the Winding Sheet (1837) by Nathaniel Hawthorne, A Night In A Haunted House -1848- by Anonymous.

If American Thanksgiving is too well known and too specific to make a fun story out of - just do a general Harvest Festival World. There are a lot of ancient stories around Harvest to draw from. The side quests could involve turkeys, cornucopias, decorating, gardening and plants.

And that brings us back to Winter and the Ice Queen :D

It would be nice if each world had areas for each level wizard in a players classroom. So that any level player could play the Holiday Worlds and they could do so at various levels. It would also be important that the drops be world and season specific or very valuable like very rare items and crown items, so that it was as worth it to farm for 3 or 4 weeks a year as the towers in Ravenwood at Halloween.

Also, please for the free Halloween content, add seasonal drops for Harvest Lord - it's weird that there's no reason to go visit him.

Defender
Jul 11, 2011
i would say the new level 78 pets, can't wait to get my balisk!

love kelly thundermask

Defender
Jul 11, 2011
i would say the new level 78 pets, can't wait to get my balisk!

love kelly thundermask