Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 8-10-12

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello Wizards! It has certainly been a busy week for us - we're working on putting up another update to Test soon, plus working on a bunch of other super secret stuff you'll see and hear about in a little while. ::grin::

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, we’d like to poll you and see what sort of updates interest you the most. It may be difficult, but you’ll only be able to vote for your ONE favorite. Below, feel free to expand upon your vote and discuss.

Looking forward to seeing your opinions on this! I hope you have a FIERY Friday (it's not too hard - it's hoooottt out there), and a sizzling weekend!

Results
What is your favorite type of update?
New high level world, level cap increase (like Avalon) 51%
New side worlds (like Wysteria) 4%
New systems/things to do outside of questing 18%
Improvements to current systems (like PVP, pets, crafting) 9%
Holiday content/events 2%
New CCG packs, Game Cards, or Crown Shop items 8%
Other (let us know below) 8%

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
Explorer
Sep 04, 2008
I would say new worlds and level caps, as well as packs, but I never get them because I never have crowns.

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
My favorite is the new world and level cap, but i love holiday specials like the christmas in july thing was cool!!!
~John Dragoncathcher Archmage Sorcerer~

Explorer
Apr 27, 2011
Revising and polishing the game textures will bring the Pixar effects into Wizard101.

This can be done by enhancing some of the older textures to improve the visuals of the overall game.

If Pirate101 has better graphics and interface, so why can't Wizard101?

I will love to see a new high level world, but it needs to be enjoyable and not so difficult.

New high level spells and pets will be awesome.

Thanks for reading!

Survivor
Jan 16, 2010
I liked the Wintertusk update where each school got a few spells at lower levels. Any update with new spells is a good update to me :-)

Survivor
Nov 25, 2011
I voted for new systems and stuff outside of questing, although it was tied with improvements to current systems as my favorites. Here's why:

A new high level world with a level cap increase... Players call questing "grinding" for a reason. I'm the kind of person who DREADS having a lot of work stacked on top of another, even though it gives me something to do. But I have to say, references help keep me interested, like Avalon :D

New side worlds like Wysteria is about the same as above (But wait! There's more!). I don't know how many high level players there are compared to other lower level players, but I would guess there are enough of them to be a considerable amount of Wizard101's player base. If so, then I'd assume the majority of them would want a high level world and an increase to the level cap instead of another side world.

Now, new systems outside of questing sound great! New stuff is always better (sometimes)! I have to thank KI for pets, gardening, and crafting, otherwise we'd be grinding and PvPing all day and eventually quit. These systems kept me playing Wizard101 when I didn't want to PvP or go questing. I'd like to see more of these updates, because it gives something like a hobby (systems) instead of going to work (quests) and arguing over what restaurant to eat out at (PvP). I feel the current systems have only nicked a corner of the potential systems KI could add to make this game funnererer! :D

Improvements to current systems is great too! The new updates for PvP and mega pets as I've seen in the test realm are promising, and I hope more improvements are made. This is the easier to do than to think of new systems (as mentioned above) because you don't have to think outside the continent the box sits on. So I think there will be more improvement updates over the life of W101 than new system updates.

Holiday content and events are great, although they are short, temporary, and only come once (or so) every year. I don't exactly recommend adding updates on these (nor do I discourage it), although I see potential for it. Maybe a Halloween Dungeon, or an actual Easter Egg Hunt to actually find something (like the Zeke quests) or maybe 4 different worlds that could appear at the changing of the seasons like a winter wonderland, and so on. Again, I don't support this idea, nor do I discourage it. But it seems interesting to add to the game nonetheless. :D

CCGs, Game Cards, and Crown Shop items, seriously? I think money was made to burn itself! I understand KI has to make a profit, but I know you could do something else! The time spent making these is time that can be spent on making content that all players can enjoy, especially for those players that can only afford a subscription or those who cannot or are not able to purchase crowns (serious run-on sentence here, I know). With 25 million players, how could you not make a profit, KI?

Anyways, these are just my two cents (what my dollar is worth these days).

Alex.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
Survivor
May 02, 2009
I would like there to be a new dungeon where we can get new high level gear! It should be the best gear to date!

Survivor
Nov 26, 2011
i'd want amber and sunstone easier to get!
Connor Griffin Stalker
lvl 80 archmage diviner

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
I would really enjoy having higher level caps, and new spells, all the fun stuff that comes with a new world. (plus I really do like the idea of legendary weapons that I posted in the Dorms) :D.

"Great power is not learned, it is earned"

Tristan DarkBlade Archmage Ice

Survivor
Aug 01, 2011
A new world would be great i am only afraid of the new crafting quest :D

Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
How about new quests in all worlds. There are plenty of doors that could open for this. It would also give us some challenges following the new threads. I have actually completed all quests for a Life character that I could find at level 80.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
regarding the second choice, I think that if no new thoughts for side worlds come to mind, it would be easier to just add new areas to wysteria, I saw some gates that you never get access to in Pigswick Acadamy, one behind Prospector Zeke, and the other at the other end of the street from him. I'f you're smart, you'll have some more gates behind those for the purpose of future expansion.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2010
I would have to say that I really like all of the new worlds with higher level caps. Also all of the stuff that comes with it (pets,spells,housing,crafting,etc). My all time favorite thing is the side worlds. I didn't really like wysteria with the exception of the tower of helephant... The side world that I loved is Grizzleheim. I liked how it was a side world and If you wanted our newer spells,pets,and other items it was mandatory for wintertusk. If you could do more worlds with their own huge storyline like the Grizzleheim/Wintertusk arc as a side world that would be awesome :) I love the game you guys rock!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
My favourite kind of updates are those that involve new worlds and/or level caps. I have an archmage Balance wizard who's dying to finish Avalon, but I won't make her go up against Morganthe's crazy cheats for no XP~ that just isn't fair. :P

That said, updates to certain systems are also welcome additions, provided that they benefit all players and not one specific group.

And yes, it's a scorcher this weekend!

Survivor
Mar 08, 2010
I hope you have a FIERY Friday (it's not too hard - it's hoooottt out there), and a sizzling weekend!

i'm sorry professor, but it's raining here.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
Prof,

I keep asking for and keep wanting fishing! PLEASE! I would love to be able to fish at home <if there is water on the grounds of the house> or all over the spiral. Diffrent fishes could be in diffrent areas. It would also be cool to get new badges and items from fishing. PLEASE!!

keep up the great work KI

ellie

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
A new quest system to help a war torn member of the spiral. Dragonspyre .

I have post for this. Remeber players we are hero's ..

Sabrina Raventhief of the 6 Sabrina's of doomy doom

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
I dont really like new worlds because there is not enough time to level up. (Like avalon ) But most intresting is new crown items.

Defender
Jan 09, 2009
What I would like is for a new world and level cap. The reason for this is that although I am content with Wizard101 as it is now, a new world would challenge me: force me to dig deeper to find a flawless strategy. It might also come up with better gear, because from what I have seen: the Waterworks gear is the all around best. Of course we would still need to use the Sword of Kings, as we never know when Morganthe might show up.

Rogan Dragonflame, Archmage Pyromancer.

Survivor
May 31, 2011
Survivor
Jul 13, 2009
Survivor
Jun 24, 2012
HURRAY! I am able to give feedback! I would love love LOOOOVE if we could use our furniture!!! Reason? Well if you buy like a couch there is no point if you can't sit in it! :?

Survivor
Jun 24, 2012
HURRAY! I am able to give feedback! I would love love love if we could use our furniture!!! Reason? Well if you buy like a couch there is no point if you can't sit in it! :?