Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth School Issues

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
Hey all,

Relativly new Myth Wizard here.. *waves*

I appologize if this is the wrong section to have this or if there is one already started.. My Search Foo is rather weak

:-o *stands up on his soap box* :-o

*Issues*

1. - Your spell cost for casting spells outside of myth are incorrect..
When you use a power pip to cast a spell for say Ice your cost is 2 even though you are using 1....

2. - Minotour Damage is incorrect..
When the Minotour uses Traps to increase its damage it only applies to his first attack not to his second attack.. You do however get the blades increase damage to both..

*Personal Issues*

1. - Minotour Pet..
I really like this pet and his fighting style.. I would like him to cast his buffs on me. When he does not have agro and all he is doing is buffing him self up with no attacks.. Late in the fight it is real hard for a new Minotour pet to establish any agro and the 3 pips are just a waste for a hopeful Troll, Attack, or Ghoul...

Stephanie LegendWeaver
Myth - Wizard

Administrator
monscrot wrote:

1. - Your spell cost for casting spells outside of myth are incorrect..
When you use a power pip to cast a spell for say Ice your cost is 2 even though you are using 1....

Power pips only count towards spells in your main school of focus.

monscrot wrote:

2. - Minotour Damage is incorrect..
When the Minotour uses Traps to increase its damage it only applies to his first attack not to his second attack.. You do however get the blades increase damage to both..

The first attack on the Minotaur is intended to remove shields so the second attack can do serious damage. The cost of that, is that it also costs the blades and wards.

monscrot wrote:

1. - Minotour Pet..
I really like this pet and his fighting style.. I would like him to cast his buffs on me. When he does not have agro and all he is doing is buffing him self up with no attacks.. Late in the fight it is real hard for a new Minotour pet to establish any agro and the 3 pips are just a waste for a hopeful Troll, Attack, or Ghoul...

I assume you mean your minion, not your pet. Minions are creatures that you summon to assist you in battle. Pets are creatures that stay by your side at all times.

Each minion serves a different purpose, some taunt, some attack, some buff, some heal. If you do not feel the minotaur minion fits your play style, you can use the four pip cyclops instead, if you prefer. Try them all out (Golem, Troll, Cyclops, Minotaur) and see which one acts the way that best suits your play style. I know high level Myth students who swear by their zero pip Golem!

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
Power Pip
Just for me to be clear.. When using a power pip to cast Imp from life school cost of 1.. I use a power pip and it cost me 2 mana.. this is correct?

The minotour..
ahh I see the first attack is to get rid of defense shields.. Can the second attack utilize traps and blades if you have more then one in place..?

Minotour Minion yes sorry for miss type..
I understand there different fighting styles. I was just being stingy.. When my minion is standing there buffing him self and he does not have agro.. so his shields just start to overlap and overlap.. I have waited to see if he can retake agro threw his Taunting.. and he had 4-5 of each shield tower and absorb..

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
1. Power pips are only supposed to count double for spells of your own school. Otherwise, there wouldn't be enough advantage to taking storm for damage or life for healing if everyone else can get the same spells at the same effectiveness.

If you use a spell outside your school, the game will try to use normal pips first, and only use power pips if you don't have enough normal pips. For example, if you use pixie and aren't a life wizard, the game will try to use two normal pips. If you don't have two normal pips, it will try to use power pips. If you have one normal pip and two power pips, it will use the normal pip, and then needing a second pip, will use a power pip.

Having the mana cost doubled for using a power pip for a spell outside your school sounds like a glitch, though. I haven't noticed that, but then again, I only infrequently use power pips for spells outside my school, and I also very rarely watch my mana.

2. The minotaur does two separate damage pulses. How it works as regards shields and traps is equivalent to how it would work if it were a 50 damage attack one turn and then a 445 damage attack the next turn. If you have two identical traps on a mob, the first attack can use up the first trap, and the second attack the second trap. Blades apply to both attacks, not just the first.

3. Don't use a minion late in the battle if you want it to grab aggro. Late in the battle, you're probably better off using the pips to kill the mobs and end the battle. Apart from the storm minion, most minions are fragile enough that you shouldn't particularly want them grabbing aggro, anyway.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
heh maybe I made my self unlclear..

When I use a power pip for a non myth related spell card it costs me 2 mana..

Like Judgement from Balance.. you use X pips for 125 damage for each pip spent.. I will save the 7 pips for max damage.. I will have on average 3power pips and 4 regular pips.. My mana cost for the spell is 10.. I only use 7 for my spell...

The Minotaur does not currently trigger that second Duplicated Trap.. Was asking for it to

aye I understand how and why we use pets was just a personal gripe that my pet was stingy and never cast a buff on me while he had 4 active nope he just casts the 5th on him self.. is all.. :D

Thanks you for the replies
Stephanie LegendWeaver

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
First of all I would like to say some real issues of the myth school. There spells do low damage. There fizzle rates are modest but 4/7 schools are that way. So to me thats beside the point. + There rings and daggers give around the death schools rings I believe . So a good idea would be to raise damage on spells or health on rings.