Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Whats up wth all te SPUD pets?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
Anyone else notice if you walked into the hatchery 3-4 months ago, maybe one guy has a SPUD pet every 4 or 5 realm hops, and now when you go in each and every realm, 2 or 3 SPUD pets every realm. I have been hatching a year at first trying to get a SPD then a SPUD and now, half the people in each realm have one. Its rather annoying seeing how they make it look so easy. And then there are those people who have 20 or 30 of them, and its like really?

Btw SPUD stands for sprite proof unicorn defy (talents)

Survivor
Apr 27, 2011
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
I don't have a SPUD pet, but I do have a SPDD pet. Well, a lot of people get SPUDs because it's a good pet, so why not get it?

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
joujou11cool wrote:
I don't have a SPUD pet, but I do have a SPDD pet. Well, a lot of people get SPUDs because it's a good pet, so why not get it?

If i could get a SPUD with a click of a button, then why do you think i would hesatate to? The answer is, i would not. I was asking how they got them, not why. Dont say just hatch with them, because none of them ever want to hatch. The ocassional one who does want to, i never get a SPUD on, or even close for that matter. 3 of my friends recently got SPUDs and they were all nice enough to hatch with me. The closest i got to a SPUD was sprite proof unicorn sharp pain. If only i got the defy.

So the answer is, i could i would.

Defender
Dec 31, 2011
thejordanator wrote:
Anyone else notice if you walked into the hatchery 3-4 months ago, maybe one guy has a SPUD pet every 4 or 5 realm hops, and now when you go in each and every realm, 2 or 3 SPUD pets every realm. I have been hatching a year at first trying to get a SPD then a SPUD and now, half the people in each realm have one. Its rather annoying seeing how they make it look so easy. And then there are those people who have 20 or 30 of them, and its like really?

I know what you mean but SPUD pets are actually really kool. I may not have one but every time I do see one I try to hatch with him/her. You should try to hatch with one when you do see a SPUD pets. You know the old saying: If you can't beat'em join'em. :D

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Yes they are quite often now. I want to change my PUD to a SPUD or SPPD. (Spritely Proof Pain-giver Defy) But alas, my luck isn't in my favor. I am training another sea dragon in hopes of spritely at least.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
Gamester999 wrote:
thejordanator wrote:

I know what you mean but SPUD pets are actually really kool. I may not have one but every time I do see one I try to hatch with him/her. You should try to hatch with one when you do see a SPUD pets. You know the old saying: If you can't beat'em join'em. :D

Once again, it is not a question of why or why not. It is a question of how.