Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Banning Guardian Spirit Spell from PVP

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 16, 2009
your wrong resistance is damage reduction and they stack with your shields
during a match while resistance is for ever a shield is for 1 turn and since shields stack with resistance for 1 turn those are the damage reduction percentages for the duration of the turns that i have my shields now since i have both earth shield and legend shield and add the fact that they are completely different shields the death damage reduction from both will stack with each other as well as the damage reduction from my current resistance

so for the duration of those shields on me my resistance though temporary
is 211 if you think of shields as a temporary resistance boost to corresponding schools which is what they are

Survivor
Sep 05, 2011
you dont know me i can prism and my minion get rid of your shields while i pack for mammoth and one more thing i know your weakness fire no fire shields huh ya i knew so then i come along and mammoth you while my minion slowly calms your health down to town

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Sariana1337 wrote:
your wrong resistance is damage reduction and they stack with your shields
during a match while resistance is for ever a shield is for 1 turn and since shields stack with resistance for 1 turn those are the damage reduction percentages for the duration of the turns that i have my shields now since i have both earth shield and legend shield and add the fact that they are completely different shields the death damage reduction from both will stack with each other as well as the damage reduction from my current resistance

so for the duration of those shields on me my resistance though temporary
is 211 if you think of shields as a temporary resistance boost to corresponding schools which is what they are

You fail to understand....yes shields stack however the resistance is not additive. You will never have 211% resist from stacking shields+ your resistance. If this was the case you would be taking no damage at all which is demonstratably false. WHat actually happens is that the damage is reduced each time by a multiplicative percentage each time it encounters a shield or resist.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
taisir563 wrote:
you don't know me i can prism and my minion get rid of your shields while i pack for mammoth and one more thing i know your weakness fire no fire shields huh ya i knew so then i come along and mammoth you while my minion slowly calms your health down to town

sorry but i wont be that easy to take out and no fire is not my weakness i do have fire resist i never left fire out sorry

my weakness is D&G i'm life fire is not my weakness i just happen to have 3 shield types to block death and storm and 2 shield types for the other schools

death because it's my weakness storm because it's such a heavy hiter i didnt get double elemental shields for the other schools because i'm not as worried about them as i am death and storm

then again i only do 2v2 with ice or 3v3 with 2 life and 1 ice so while iv'e been sitting here spamming shields my ice partner is spamming snow angel and frostbite in 2v2 and in 3v3 i'm still spamming shields while the ice is spamming snow angel and frostbite while the other life heals me and if you attack her ill heal her so taking me out wont be as easy as you think it is

Survivor
Sep 05, 2011
but your not talking about w101 so that makes no sense and anyways there are 7 elements

Explorer
Oct 03, 2009
What part of "better spells are for better wizards did you not understand about the game. I don't even have a life wizard and you don't see me complaining.

Survivor
Apr 28, 2012
AngelicWolf1337 on Aug 18, 2012 wrote:
life wizards have the lowest damage in the whole game so your shouldn't be complaining and if you hate pvp cause us this then STOP playing PVP!

dude i hear ya life wizards do have the lowest damage in the game but look
it is the sacrifice we make to be able to heal as well as we do now i my self am a pretty good life wizard i am at least a pvp knight and i'm level 70 now by the way not 67 while my satyr may critical for 9.5K you know how much my attacks critical for with out blades 2K with blades 4K life wizards are where we should be but you know what i will instill you guys with some words of wisdom

for every successful life wizard lies a pack of haters AKA open33 and others

why don't you guys make a life wizard and stop whining because playing a life wizard while others may say differently playing a life wizard is not as easy as it seems while granted the hardest part is figuring out how to build your deck because no one will share how they built there's simply because they don't want to give away there strategy which is understandable

the next part is figuring out when to and when not to attack/heal
do i heal this guy who's at 70% HP or the guy at 65% HP personally ill heal the guy at 65% as i try not to allow my team to get below 50% minimum

the next hardest part of playing a life wizard is dealing with people who are not nor have they ever played a life wizard so they are always rude and disrespectful and are always saying

heal me heal me. i hate you but if you heal me i wont hate you. let me die and i will hate you. okay you healed me i don't hate you. wait why did you let me die i hate you now. yay you healed me lets be BFF's. wait what? no heal okay i hate you again.

the next hard part of playing a life wizard is dealing with the prejudice players toward's us such as open33 who from my point of vew for no other reason other then he simply does not like life wizards with every fiber of his being seeks to have us nerfed so hard in to the ground that KI might as well remove life wizards from the game and god forbid you find a problem with his school and come up with a reasonable fix

at which point he will come up with some counter productive idea to further nerf your school for even thinking his school was op and i still do feel that amount of healing the other schools can do should be fixed to the basic amount the card says can be done

but then open33 will come up with oh then life wizards attacks should be fixed as well when in reality they should not as we already sacrifice 17000 damage 19000 with out blades when all the other schools are doing 21000

any way my point is for every one who plays a life wizard there will always be a pack of haters behind you so it is up to us to stick together and back each other up as it is us against the rest of the spiral but together we can over come them so lets band together now and say no to GS being either further nerfed or completely removed from pvp as it is a vital part of our survival in pvp

why don't you people leave us life wizards alone as we have done absolutely
nothing to deserve your hate toward us and take your fail accusations with you and the fail accusation being that GS makes life wizards OP
i agree with you 100% and i am not even life