Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

tc noob no skill

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 23, 2011
pods1973 wrote:
gougou101 wrote:

a lvl 10 use a fire dragon? is that fair? if yes then maybe i got start to do that all i got to do is to but 50 tc tower 1 dragon tc then when i go to pvp all i have to do is tower tower and the fire dragon. i must say that's some SKILL there.

I would say that if a level 10 fire wizard can stay alive for long enough to accumulate the pips required to cast the fire dragon, yes, they do have skill.
Even with a pip wand it will take what, 6 rounds or so to cast the dragon, and if they cast tc towers the whole time, it will not be buffed either.
Then it would take another 2-3 rounds for the dragon to defeat you if it even did.

I will bow out of this argument, as I think I have made my point, and I do not want to start a flame war.
I guess we just see things differently?
Good luck!
pods

did you see what i say? 50 tower on them so ya if they got hurt there pet heals them or they can heal them self they got tc dude

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
gougou101 wrote:
pods1973 wrote:
gougou101 wrote:

a lvl 10 use a fire dragon? is that fair? if yes then maybe i got start to do that all i got to do is to but 50 tc tower 1 dragon tc then when i go to pvp all i have to do is tower tower and the fire dragon. i must say that's some SKILL there.

I would say that if a level 10 fire wizard can stay alive for long enough to accumulate the pips required to cast the fire dragon, yes, they do have skill.
Even with a pip wand it will take what, 6 rounds or so to cast the dragon, and if they cast tc towers the whole time, it will not be buffed either.
Then it would take another 2-3 rounds for the dragon to defeat you if it even did.

I will bow out of this argument, as I think I have made my point, and I do not want to start a flame war.
Good luck!
pods

did you see what i say? 50 tower on them so ya if they got hurt there pet heals them or they can heal them self they got tc dude

You can wand towers off. Just pack wand spells, one pip spells and two pip spells and take off the towers. If they're too busy looking for another tower they won't cast dragon.

That is the *only* reason that I still use Thunder Snake. It's a Tower breaker.

Defender
Jun 23, 2011
ionya wrote:
gougou101 wrote:
pods1973 wrote:
gougou101 wrote:

Good luck!
pods

You can wand towers off. Just pack wand spells, one pip spells and two pip spells and take off the towers. If they're too busy looking for another tower they won't cast dragon.

you made sound easy. you are not the one doing it so you don't know how hard it is so shh

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Treasure cards are an important part of the game and in no way indicate a lack of skill. There is a reasonable argument that low lvls using high end tcs against fellow low levels is unfair. However, access to TC is fairly equal and until the matching system is fixed, low lvls need to have access to tcs to compete with high lvl players. I recently started PvP on my mid level life(lvl35) and at warlord/commander(constantly shifting due to the vastly uneven point distribution ie. beating a legend sub-private nets me 0-6 pts but losing to them i lose 25-30 pts) I am often matched with wizards who are far above my level. Without access to tcs such as monstrous and infallible(both godsends in mid lvl pvp) my ability to compete within these horrible mismatches would be severely constrained.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
gougou101 wrote:
ionya wrote:
gougou101 wrote:
pods1973 wrote:
gougou101 wrote:

Good luck!
pods

you made sound easy. you are not the one doing it so you don't know how hard it is so shh

I'm not the one doing? Sonny (or Hon), I've been doing it for so long it's become routine. Trust me, it does work, just get a Balance thing for towers or a school blade to break shields. (Just be careful that you don't break blades/traps.)

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
gougou101 wrote:
ok this is really PO. i'm on my lvl 16 myth pvp and meet no skill balance tc noob he just use tc from the pack idk what it is called but is a storm dragon he killed my minion with that and then after i got a mimion out again he used deer knight is the death spell form the same pack too so he attacked me with that didn't do too much but it still hurt. so ya this is really not fair, if you have crown you become warlord? pvp is about skill if you use tc everytime is no skill and not fun for all of us!
they should really ban tc for low lvl wizards

First, those arent tc, you can craft them and they will be real spells or buy them from the pack. Second, you are the noob cause if he was balance and he used those spells, how did you let him get to 5 pips twice at a low level! that my friend is just crazy. dont rage just cause you dont have the skill to win against people with those spells. i mean srsly

Survivor
Jun 29, 2010
FatesKin wrote:
Treasure cards are an important part of the game and in no way indicate a lack of skill. There is a reasonable argument that low lvls using high end tcs against fellow low levels is unfair. However, access to TC is fairly equal and until the matching system is fixed, low lvls need to have access to tcs to compete with high lvl players. I recently started PvP on my mid level life(lvl35) and at warlord/commander(constantly shifting due to the vastly uneven point distribution ie. beating a legend sub-private nets me 0-6 pts but losing to them i lose 25-30 pts) I am often matched with wizards who are far above my level. Without access to tcs such as monstrous and infallible(both godsends in mid lvl pvp) my ability to compete within these horrible mismatches would be severely constrained.
I think that treasure cards are good and I use them all of the time but I think you should have to be the level for the card or higher like I am level 35 and use tower shield all of the time but I don't think its fair if you can use that before you have passed the level of the tc

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
cadenbjordahl67235 wrote:
FatesKin wrote:
I think that treasure cards are good and I use them all of the time but I think you should have to be the level for the card or higher like I am level 35 and use tower shield all of the time but I don't think its fair if you can use that before you have passed the level of the tc

In a perfect world I would agree with you. However, with the mismatches that occur, mid lvls need access to tcs above their lvl to compete in the arena. If and when KI fixes the matching system, then I would be fine with lvl limiting tcs. Until said time comes, the usage of above all tcs by lower lvls is acceptable.

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
Explorer
Jul 09, 2009
If this guy bought these treasure cards with real money, he should have all the world's rights to use them. So stop complaining. Cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it ( I'm saying stop complaining you could of used tc before and now your complaining about it to make you sound like some kind of surpreme warlord )

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
helv wrote:
If this guy bought these treasure cards with real money, he should have all the world's rights to use them. So stop complaining. Cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it ( I'm saying stop complaining you could of used tc before and now your complaining about it to make you sound like some kind of surpreme warlord )

That how you buy a warlord title?

Defender
Jun 23, 2011
open33 wrote:
helv wrote:

That how you buy a warlord title?

yep i think it is. money solve EVERYTHING

Defender
Jun 23, 2011
so guys saying tc are great all you have to do is blade wand wand wand wand ninja pigs and gg.

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
gougou101 wrote:
so guys saying tc are great all you have to do is blade wand wand wand wand ninja pigs and gg.
Buy treasure card shields the ones that are 80-. Or you can get tower shields at the Zafaria libary.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
gougou101 wrote:
ok this is really PO. i'm on my lvl 16 myth pvp and meet no skill balance tc noob he just use tc from the pack idk what it is called but is a storm dragon he killed my minion with that and then after i got a mimion out again he used deer knight is the death spell form the same pack too so he attacked me with that didn't do too much but it still hurt. so ya this is really not fair, if you have crown you become warlord? pvp is about skill if you use tc everytime is no skill and not fun for all of us!
they should really ban tc for low lvl wizards

gougou101,

joujou11cool and Snowyandspots have one concept and you have a completely different one, and I just really don't understand it.

Your saying that no one should use Treasure cards in low level PvP, but my question is why?

Is this some concept that was started over on Central, that you want in W101?
You talk about skill, but if you go up against my Low Level wizard with 50% resist, do you think you can kill him without Treasure cards? I can out-heal anything that is a non-Treasure card hit. You will never win against me, you can't. My Level 12 is undefeated right now, and the only way someone will beat him is with a TC combo.

Are you telling me that I have no skill, that my First Warlord that went 41 and 5 showed no skill because I used TC?

Do you know that at level 80 you can hit harder with your own spells than you can with a TC?

When I took Martial Arts (I am a Black Belt irl), when you step on the mat for full contact combat, it is an all out war. It does not matter if it's your friend or not, it is a battle to be won. I could tell you about one battle, that was brutal, and it was with a close friend.

When I step into the PvP circle, it is a battle to be won. I know the person on the other side can and will use anything at their disposal. Therefore, anyone that is prepared will use the same.
PVP is not about playing for fun, many people take this very seriously, and have invested a good deal of money and time into it. They have a raging drive and play to win, not to just have fun.

So anyway, I don't know how or where you get the idea that people should not use TC in PvP, but it doesn't make any sense at all.

Joe.

Survivor
Nov 30, 2011
Ok well you will need tc at certain low levels because you need them for mostly defenses. Well if your at a low level you dont get many training points to get tower shield, weakness, etc. Only shields for your school that are 70% to what ever your school applies too. Even though i have a fire commander that doesnt use tc but heck hounds to win, i still think it is ok to use tc just to win. Besides you will need tc defenses once someone uses a spell like catalan. You WILL guaranteed have time to put you defenses on. Why? When you at a low lvl fighting the person who will use high tc cards will need the pips to get there and at a low lvl, thats not easy to cast the spell you want to right away because you dont get many power pips at a low level like 16.

Survivor
Mar 13, 2011
If you're saying that lower levels that use TC are noobs, how did they even afford to buy 50 towers and a couple fire dragons or tritons or whatever they use? Well, like my level 11 balance wizard, they have a high level "main" character, farm bosses in WT like Erling the Unready, Halfang Bristlecrown, etc. Does that mean that I am a noob because my level 66 ice is giving gold sell items through the shared bank to my 11 balance? NO.
1. If I am really a noob, how can I defeat Wintertusk bosses?
2. (About the towers thing) even the level 75 decks have a sideboard of like 35 TC.
3. If you're complaining about treasure cards, why dont you use them too?
4. Are you saying that my PvP captain is a no skilled noob?

Dont want to start a fight but obviously you can see
TC SHOULDN'T BE BANNED FROM LOW LEVELS.

Luke Icehammer, Level 66 Legendary Thaumaturge
Luke Shadowblade, Level 11 "Noob" :( Initiate Sorceror PvP Captain
(Luke Icehammer has leveled up after this post :D)

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Survivor
Apr 11, 2009
I bet he was not a TC noob or what ever you call him. He prob got it from a pack and leared it, i did the same with ninja pigs or got it from armor or his pet. Even if i am wrong and it was a tc you can use that it is allowed, next time get your own tc.

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
Lion359
PVP is not about playing for fun, many people take this very seriously
Why do you play games if not for fun? War is war and game should be friendly, like sports games suppose to be.
What do you think about people who use the excuse that they need to do anything to win even if it means they cannot play without using dirty tricks buying their fame though money?

caninn
If you're saying that lower levels that use TC are noobs, how did they even afford to buy 50 towers and a couple fire dragons or tritons or whatever they use? Well, like my level 11 balance wizard, they have a high level "main" character
So basically you're saying noobs are not someone who buy their warlord rank though money? That's new to me.
1. If I am really a noob, how can I defeat Wintertusk bosses? You can't compare expected battle with bosses where you know their weakness and their strengths with pvp where the school and players are random and you never know what gear and spells they going to use.
If you're complaining about treasure cards, why dont you use them too?
I don't want to buy my pvp rank.
Are you saying that my PvP captain is a no skilled noob?
Can you win most of your 1v1 without using a single TC card? I can, how about you?

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
this is why i don't do arena's at low level it's lame and just down right not fun
well at least for me personally but i know how you feel i would rather lose to some one equally skilled in a competition rather then lose to some one who is going to one shot kill my low level wizard with an OP TC and yes TC are OP at low levels and this is why there needs to be level restrictions on TC but to tell you the truth when it comes to KI and PVP KI has no idea what they are doing
and this shows when you look at the pvp gear which by the way needs to be revamped

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
I will say this again, if KI fixes the match system then I will have no problem lvl limiting tc. However with my lvl 35 being matched with lvl 50+ on a regular basis, I can say for a fact that TC's should not be lvl limited.