Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth is fine how it is

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
I am about to go on a rant, so bear with me.

Myth needs an aoe. This is a horribly false statement, you have humongofrog, and earthquake to use at your disposal. If it is to much work to click on that mythblade, and that colossal spell and put it on that humongofrog and click on the humongofrog, and one perfectly fine aoe isnt good enough for you, then go play as a fire or a storm, or an ice. Myth is obviously not right for you in that case. Unbladed colossal frogs do 750-1000 damage depending on your damage. 1200-1500 with one blade. This is not even counting the boost you get on storm balance and ice mobs. If you use a convert, on myth too, and on fire at higher levels also. The only schools you do not boost on are life and death. Spam frogs. All you need to do. No, you probably cannot get a one hit Knockout like other schools, but do you really need that? Pack your pixies and use them if you need it. I prefer the utility spells over an aoe, because frankily, do you really need to wait for 5 rounds to be able to use a power house spell when you could have done more damage overall with humongofrog spam anyways? More utility spells would benefit the school's well rounded ness.

A lot of myth wizards dont know how to use the school correctly. They focus on one specific area, and try to bring that area out to their advantage. Myth is the most well rounded school in the game. There are no questions are debates, because it isnt even close. Their well rounded ness leads to them not having very many disadvantages which means they are the best. Many would say, no they arent the best, because they dont have very many advantages. Being well rounded in and of itself is a COMPLETE advantage, and many people do not understand this. Myth is never going to be the power house school(although basilisk has the most base damage of any spell in the game), nor will they ever be the school that will make you sit in battles for 5 hours. People are looking for that one extreme advantage for myth, because they didnt realize that myth's extreme advantage is their ability to have no extreme advantages in stats.

Myth is not the school that is just "up there" in pvp. They are the best, and that is coming from a non-myth wizard. You go face a myth and try to bladestack. I dare you to see what happens. You will probably be all mad because you didnt hit them in time, and boom all of your blades have vanished. You try to spam towers and whenever they get rid of one put up another, once again you are probably shocked to see them use their orthrus or minotaur and hit through that tower, and you are down to half health. You also better not let them get to many pips, because double medusa will leave you crying for 2 rounds while 1500-2500 damage is done 2 times in a row. Oh and by the way when the stunning is over, they can stun you once more. And you go face those triple ninja pigs. Bet it hurts huh? Triple minotaur hurts just as much. And you go try to use that rain of fire or snow angel or skeletal dragon or heckhound, or whatever you please to really. In the end, you will be the one left there with no health wishing man, i should have clicked on that efreet or mammoth or frank. Myth can play the Dot game too! they can easily use their basilisk, and devistate you, leaving you there to take one or 2 hits of the dot no matter what.[/rant]

Do you get the point? Do you still think you are underpowered? Questions? reread the post first, and i will gladly answer.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I definitely read your post. And, as per your suggestion, I reread it. And I reread it again just for the heck of it.

I am glad you are passionate about defending Myth. And I am glad you do, and that Myth gets some support from out there. Even if it is not from me.

I don't PvP, and never will, so I won't touch on that. But I will chime in on everything else.

1. Basilisk's damage is divided over 4 turns. So it most definitely is not the most powerful spell out there. Considering that it costs 9 pips, you'd spend 10 pips for that kind of damage, unless you get white pips at that level. Which I really don't.

2. Earthquake on average is weaker than frog. Or, I should say that Frog on average is stronger than Earthquake. And Earthquake is even more expensive than Frog. Other than PvP, I see absolutely no viable use for Earthquake. Ever. Oh, except for one single fight in Dragonspyre. In that case, it is very useful.

3. Yes, us Myth wizards can use Frog. But that does not change the fact that we would like a big hitting AoE. If Fire wizards had nothing but meteor strike, and Ice wizards had nothing but Blizzard, I am sure they too, would like to have seen another AoE. So, whether we NEED it or not is not the case here. We WANT one.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
Shiningfantasia wrote:
I definitely read your post. And, as per your suggestion, I reread it. And I reread it again just for the heck of it.

I am glad you are passionate about defending Myth. And I am glad you do, and that Myth gets some support from out there. Even if it is not from me.

I don't PvP, and never will, so I won't touch on that. But I will chime in on everything else.

1. Basilisk's damage is divided over 4 turns. So it most definitely is not the most powerful spell out there. Considering that it costs 9 pips, you'd spend 10 pips for that kind of damage, unless you get white pips at that level. Which I really don't.

2. Earthquake on average is weaker than frog. Or, I should say that Frog on average is stronger than Earthquake. And Earthquake is even more expensive than Frog. Other than PvP, I see absolutely no viable use for Earthquake. Ever. Oh, except for one single fight in Dragonspyre. In that case, it is very useful.

3. Yes, us Myth wizards can use Frog. But that does not change the fact that we would like a big hitting AoE. If Fire wizards had nothing but meteor strike, and Ice wizards had nothing but Blizzard, I am sure they too, would like to have seen another AoE. So, whether we NEED it or not is not the case here. We WANT one.

lol, i know you want one, but that does not necessarily mean that you need one. I indeed have met fire wizards and ice wizards who dont like to wait for the dot, and they use meteor or blizzard. It can be done.

Us myth wizards have come this far, and yet there are people complaining that they cant handle mobs which a lot of times isnt due to the lack of aoe spells. Its because they are using the completely wrong gear and not enchanting. So kingsisle has to do all of that programming for a new spell because some people do not want to take the time to craft avalon/ wintertusk gear or farm for waterworks gear? This is what i mean by people not using the school correctly, and they come and complain that they cant beat mobs because they dont have a good strategy.

Yes using frog does get annoying. I am not going to argue that. Yes i would like myth to get an aoe. You heard it from me, yes, i want them to have another aoe. BUT! that does not mean that they still need to have one.

Yes, i dont want myth wizards handling mobs with 5 thousand health, i really dont. But that doesnt mean it cannot be done.

Its the player in this situation, not the school, not the game, it is the player

Maybe i am seeing things completely incorrectly. But to be honest frog can do more damage then scarecrow(i am talking about with colossal), which is death's only school quest spell obtained aoe. You dont see them complaining and it costs more then frog does. Yes i know the side effect can heal them to full health, but they have no problems handling mobs. Why? because they buff themselves and spam crow. Just like the myth wizards who aren't able to defeat mobs efficiently arent doing

By the way shiningfantasia, only the first paragraph was directed towards you lol

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I remember, in Celestia, when nearly every school got it's level 68 AoE, I was so jealous of other schools and felt incredibly left out.

That is the day, as Myth, I learned and taught myself the use of Colossal and Frog. And realized almost as if a revelation, that Frog, if used multiple times for the same number of pips that other schools spend for their high level AoE's can output even more damage.

Whether we Myth need a better AoE or not, or want, is really pointless for me to preoccupy myself over anyway. It would not be me, but KingsIsle, that would be able to make anything happen in the first place. I just voiced my opinion. (Or wrote it down on a reply.)