Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Celesita cheats big time!!

AuthorMessage
Delver
Feb 28, 2012
I get stunned, stunned, stunned here.
When that doesn't happen: I get one-round killed (with full health, which is close to 2,000) on the very first round here.
And if none of that happen: I fizzle like San Diego's fireworks fail!

Why am I even able to come here if I am so underpowered?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Well for sure your sense of humor has not been defeated here, good for your young wizard. When I entered Celestia on my first wizard I lost more then I won in the first 2 weeks until I decided that wasn't fun any more, I either had to quit or get a plan, I got a plan. I thought I had tweaked my wizard well for Dragon Sprye but Celestia requires you to step that up a notch.

Unfortunately Celestia, for some of us can be a drastic wake up call. Here is what I have found. Make sure your gear is current for your level, I have always bought gear for gold and so far have done well enough to fight the lands presented me.

Visit Diego on Unicorn Way in Wizard City and get the Stun Block spell, pack at least one in your deck at all times and stop that annoying stunning.

Start training on the Sun spells available starting at level 50 with I believe Giant, you don't have to take the accuracy spells to continue on the boost ones.

Learn to fashion your deck so no spells are a waste of a round, you can not wait for something to come up while the monsters hammer you down. Your deck may end up with as little as 15 cards depending on your school.

I do all side quests up until Celestia and have finished Grizzlehiem and I enter Wintertusk and do the first few - mostly walk around quests. I stay a short time at Celestia until I reach level 55 and then head back to Wintertusk to do the main story line only so that puts me at level 58 as I enter the last area there and complete the Northern Exposer quest, you are not required to do any fighting in this last area to get your pet quest.

Other tips, concentrate on pips and damage early on since critical gear will be better later on. I have a pet with spritely since I am mainly a solo fighter and depending on the school a minion my still be helping me out.

Explorer
Jul 09, 2009
grahambhg wrote:
When that doesn't happen: I get one-round killed (with full health, which is close to 2,000) on the very first round here.

I will have to say that I need to know a lot more before I can help you.

What is your level?

Are you shielding from the high attacks?

Are you doing solo? It sounds a lot like you are. Trust me any world's easier with a healer and a high attacker. Never forget about friends

I'd say that an average Celestian's health is above 2000, I don't know about storm though.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
grahambhg wrote:

Try doing side quests to level up. I entered at level 54 and found that it was (surprise) actually easy!

I solo'd it until the Floating Land, in which I helped a friend through.

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
I guess I was just having bad luck this weekend. I have cleared the main quests up to about halfway through "District of the Stars". I'm pretty sure I have found every sidequest available to me. I'm level 55, fire. I'll double check with Diego, maybe I missed (or blew off, more likely) his "Hey, young wizard, visit me and get a new spell" spiel. I have a few astral spells (trained in a small pit, near a few vendors) and I think I'm getting the hang of using them.

Ok, thanks for letting me rant, and thanks more for the pointers!

Survivor
Aug 01, 2011
I agree. But its all a matter of time before you get used to the cheating. :(
Also, take note of this: I know that ANYTHING rank 10 and up can critical. I mean it. astrals can help. its really really important to be able to block critical well. Hope you can start to get used to this annoying world.

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
It has gotten to the point if the enemies have first turn: I flee because I know they will kill me before i can even cast ONE SPELL!

Survivor
Jun 16, 2011
ok , every body if you have quests do them to get higher life , critical rating , block rating and stun resistence . i'm lvl 52 . ditch your second school & buy some training points. get SUN & STAR SPELLS. dont get moon. use these & you'll get 1 of these >>>>>>> :D