Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Waterwork tips?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 09, 2009
I finally got access to waterworks :D
I want to know what type of helpful wizard schools should I bring?
I am a life, level 60. Should I bring in another life?
Can I also have tips on the cheating bosses or what to pack for my level?
My strongest cards are forest lord and centaur.
What gear should I wear? Sorry for all the questions

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I went to wizard101central.com for the guides, they give you the low down on how it is in there, I print them out and it does help to be aware of the lay out and cheats really.

I wore the level 58 life gear, I think called Rapture, robe and boots, I crafted the level 56 helmet which is better for my fight style then the ww hood. I didn't finally get the ww robe till just before doing Mirror Lake in Zafaria and I soloed most all areas with out it. I ended up with about 20 run thoughs and 2 hoods, 3 boots and finally 1 robe. By the 3rd time in I had the life support thing pretty much down pat since I played solo mostly I was not aware how to play that way, my Life wizard was a fighter not healer for me.

I don't pick preferred school it's more like any wizard that will stay the time needed to get it over with. Some times went well some where a disaster, unless you have a known "team" it's pot luck. I have been in there as little as 45 mins and as long as 4 hours - ugh.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
helv wrote:
I finally got access to waterworks :D
I want to know what type of helpful wizard schools should I bring?
I am a life, level 60. Should I bring in another life?
Can I also have tips on the cheating bosses or what to pack for my level?
My strongest cards are forest lord and centaur.
What gear should I wear? Sorry for all the questions

Go in with a fire storm and balance

No, do not bring another life.

Luska Charmbeak: no traps, no single hits unless you have been "inked" Efreet is an exception due to the 90% weakness. If you are not inked, then you will get a feint on you every round.

Syslter: He uses a doom and gloom, and when it is light no blades will be allowed, when it is dark, there are no traps allowed. He changes the round from blades to traps every 4 rounds, except for the first, where it is only 3 rounds. There are also no single hits allowed without a blade during the blade rounds, or without a trap during the traps round. Hit all spells such as meteor strike and sandstorm are always welcome to be used without a blade or trap.

Pack tons of heals and let the attacking be done by the fire and the storm. Have the balance pack buffs for them.

OK, everyone's is at that point in the game. lol

Wear the level 58 gear that makes you look like an alien.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2011
I have been looking and it seems that it is in Wizard City. I would like to know what level u have to be and where it is.

Level 37 Myth Wizard
Victoria Ghostwalker

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
kara171 wrote:
I have been looking and it seems that it is in Wizard City. I would like to know what level u have to be and where it is.

Level 37 Myth Wizard
Victoria Ghostwalker

Waterworks is in Crab Alley, found in Triton Avenue.
You have to be level 60 or higher, and it is not meant to be soloed (although it can be done)
More info is here:
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Location:Waterworks

Survivor
Jun 19, 2012
It is in Wizard City.

In Crab Alley, Triton Avenue, to be exact. You have to be level sixty to go to Waterworks i think.

Allison Silverblade
Grandmaster Diviner

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
The Waterworks dungeon is located in Crab Alley, and is not accessible until you are level 60.

Explorer
May 30, 2011
Water works is in crab alley which is o in triton avenue and you have to be level 60 to get the quest for it. and the person who gives you the quest is the mill foreman on triton avenue.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2011
Ok I guess I don't have to worry about it since you have to be level 60. Thank you for replying everyone.

Survivor
Mar 16, 2011
Derpinna wrote:
It is in Wizard City.

In Crab Alley, Triton Avenue, to be exact. You have to be level sixty to go to Waterworks i think.

Allison Silverblade
Grandmaster Diviner

I was in lvl ten when i need to go in the waterworks even thou balence wizard can go in whan in lvl ten or eleven

Survivor
Jul 26, 2010
I am a fellow Balance wizard myself, and we can not enter the Waterworks early nor may and other school. It's level 70 no matter what school you are in. You may have teloported to a friend and gotten in that way. Anyone can get in anywhere doing that. as long As they have a membership or crowns to pay for it.

Survivor
Apr 21, 2010
This is getting ridiculous i have gone through this dungeon 23 times and i have been counting and i still have not gotten my robe they need to make it easier to get it.

Historian
May 28, 2009
volcanicdoomfire17... on Nov 11, 2012 wrote:
This is getting ridiculous i have gone through this dungeon 23 times and i have been counting and i still have not gotten my robe they need to make it easier to get it.
There's the same chance to get anything. I won against Luska and He dropped the Myth School Hat 5 times. I only needed one.

The second time, Sylster dropped the Myth Robe. But now, It's still not dropping the Myth Boots. It all just luck whether you get what or not. Just continue, most people get it after about ten tries or so.

The most frustrating part is if a wizard in your team has to leave. You will have to go with only three wizards afterward. So the best time to do it is Friday after dinner. When most players won't be leaving or have a reason to leave their house. ON weekends, most people go shopping so it's not good to do it on weekend afternoon when players could suddenly have to go out and go shopping.

There are tricks on how to win the puzzles, if the time runs out, there's a trick to make the timer stop, even though I'm not sure if that's true or not.

Mastermind
May 31, 2009
Back long ago when level 50 was the highest level it was very, very hard to get robes from Malistaire. Many times players walked away with a crate of chickens . Spent a lot of time and effort and got nothing for it. If you get anything consider yourself blessed. I have found that when game gets older the things in the game come slower. Like the packs at crown shop. I dont bother with them anymore because after a lot of crowns I had nothing to show for it, I bought this one pack with lots of crowns and the item i wanted never showed, I blame it on game getting older and the items lose drop potential.. Fighting for a drop is different. I farmed Big Ben tower once, I did it for the pet drop at end fight. I had several pets after many trips in but the pets would not turn out good after leveling so I stop that venture. I am level 70 or 75 and still wear my waterworks gear. I have found none better in game.. I never figured out why have all this gear around you and level 58 gear is best.

Survivor
Nov 02, 2011
volcanicdoomfire17... on Nov 11, 2012 wrote:
congratulations you only have about 77 more times in that dungeon before you will get your robe it took over 150 trips through with my storm wiz before i had all my gear from there

Survivor
Dec 26, 2011
i had tried this so much its making me mad they need make it easy >.<

Survivor
Jul 09, 2010
Explorer
Sep 03, 2012
demi2722 wrote:
I was in lvl ten when i need to go in the waterworks even thou balence wizard can go in whan in lvl ten or eleven
Don't make stuff up, man!

Survivor
Jan 03, 2012
natestarr98 wrote:
Don't make stuff up, man!
it is in colosis bolivard and to get in you have to be 60 and up

Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
dear KI,
When i first journeyed to azteca, i realized how horrible my gear was. i have no resist, and less than a 50% base boost to my attacks and other flaws compared to others. I found out from my fellow wizards though that i could get great gear from the waterworks. I had already beaten it before and it was a place i did not want to return to. But getting new gear to me was crucial. after a number of tries though, i could not get even one part. People have complained about this before and i hope that this message doesn't go un-noticed. I know that it takes a long time to get the gear for most people but i am not an extreme player. I do not have the time to do that long dungeon with cheats about 10 times a day. It seems as thought the drop rates for the items is similar to that of a crowns booster pack which is ridiculous. It is not as easy as buying a cheap booster pack though. There are a lot of players who don't have the time to be on the game long enough to even attempt these kind of things. So basically only lucky people and extreme players can get this gear. I am not the type of person who can get 6 archmage or promethean in two months and i'm positive i'm not alone. I saw professor greyrose's reply to another waterworks gear complaint saying "Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight." Well this may be true the amount of times some people have to do the dungeon sometimes makes you rethink this. It is extremely time consuming and difficult and it makes the game more boring, aggravating and frustrating. Many people say "kids play this game too" as if they are the kids complaining but i actually am a kid. It seems though that we can't play past dragonspyre though because the difficult places begin with celestia. I consider myself lucky to have even made it to archmage but i can't find the time to get better gear. I am currently a grandmaster crafter but that would do no good at this point. the new crafting mission will take a lot of time and gold. i cant afford to be making THOSE kind of sacrifices. This game is supposed to be for families not just adults. Nowadays, i just find teens playing the game. i can tell because of how they find ways around the filters or just have open chat. If this is the way you are going to have to get gear from now on, i just might stop playing the game. but what would losing 1 player out of 30,000,000 do? KI i hope my message does not offend you but there need to be ways for non-extreme players to (or children) to move along in the game. i Can't go forward without better gear and the current ways to get it are to difficult for the average players. The WW gear is not any booster pack crowns item. It is something lots of people would work hard for and you must at least, i beg of you; to rethink the system you have.

-ZacharyThunderFlame,lvl 82 pyromancer

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
If you do not want to farm WW over and over again, just craft the WT gear.
The WW gear is not enough that far in the game though. You will not block criticals in WW gear, or the WT crafted gear. You need to have higher block that far in the game.
Good luck,
pods

Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Zachary Thunderfla... on Dec 13, 2012 wrote:
ok thanks
Wintertusk

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Zachary Thunderfla... on Dec 13, 2012 wrote:
ok thanks
WinterTusk.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Here are some guides to the Waterworks:
Guide 1: http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206879
Guide 2: http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161437
You also might want to bring a storm and fire wizard since they're good with damage, the other one is up to you. (But i would choose balance) Good luck.