Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life VS Life

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 16, 2009
okay first im not complaining im a life wizard and the guy i was fighting was also a life wizard and we had an 8 hour no joke im serious an 8 hour brawl in the ranked arena the fight ended only because my patience does not go past 8 hours man it just finished like 5 minutes ago i couldnt kill him he couldnt kill me it was an 8 hour stalmate it ended because i left i couldnt take it any more i got so board i had to leave i used all my life dispells on him repeatedly as well as infection on top of that life wizards need i repeat need a damage over time spell that is the same as heck hound it is a must because an 8 hour ranked match is rediculous life VS life im so angry with my self for losing an 8 hour match on top of that i lost 18 ratting now im trying to let this one go and im changing my strategy and im trying not to make this a rant but im just in awe an 8 hour fight im just like OMG how do you win a fight as a life against a life
any one got any tips? pleas share PS im lvl 62 and im changing my strategy

Survivor
Apr 17, 2009
Although you aren't complaining about being a Life wizard, I would suggest you make a new wizard, a different element. Being a Life wizard, long duels is just something you're gonna put up with . I suggest you make an Ice wizard, lvl he/she up ,and pick up a life mastery amulet. Although, there are many other ways you could go. From what I'm reading it sounds like Life is just not your mojo lol.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Wow seriously where do you find the time to do that I would have quit at the 1 hour mark. Life is pain to fight when you can't control their healing. I would try getting some dooms that would help counter the healing.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Well, I have to say, an 8 hour match, just 2 hours longer then what I've been, but I agree, it's boring, long, and just frustrating. Each time you get close to killing the enemy, BAM, their health is back up. Each time the enemy gets close to killing you, BAM, your health is up as well. Liife vs. Life is insane, but I'll give you some tips.

1. Keep a Shatter TC in your deck at all times, they're very useful.
2. Train Death for Infection and also up to Doom and Gloom, and also use those Entangles.
3. If your opponent is at low pips, you can tell the heal to wait a little longer. Try to damage the opponent, until he is also at a healing point, and if you know he heals, keep on going for those attacks. Give no mercy to the opponent
4. Since you're Life, just back up an attack right after the other, because a Pixie would heal like 1500, so you could heal it all real easy.
5. If your current strategy has brought you victories many times in the past, never give it up. Don't give up to strategies, but add to them.

Well, I haven't experienced your opponent's style in pvp, or yours, so I can't be all commando. Well, good luck if you continue to use a new strategy!

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
colonialwill wrote:
Although you aren't complaining about being a Life wizard, I would suggest you make a new wizard, a different element. Being a Life wizard, long duels is just something you're gonna put up with . I suggest you make an Ice wizard, lvl he/she up ,and pick up a life mastery amulet. Although, there are many other ways you could go. From what I'm reading it sounds like Life is just not your mojo lol.

thanks colonialwill but i have changed my strategy though i cant share it at this moment and its working for me so far i have gone from private to sergeant just last night i back people up in to a wall and force them to run out of cards
turns out peaple do not spend there cards wisely my fights now last for about 30 minutes to an hour

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Life can have long battles. This is true. It's basically metapod vs metapod, the pratically never ending battle.

I can't really help you but keep trying and if all else fails, just cross your fingers that you will run into no more Life vs Life battles.