Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

balance,myth,life,death. are not STRONG?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 16, 2009
as a level 76 life wizard. i already stand up to the Elitest community when i fight in the arena they get so mad at me because my guardian spirit heals me for 1300 my satyr critical's for 10.100 my rebirth critical's for 7.500 and when my regenerate critical's it can heal me for 14.000 over 3 rounds as for the reason my heals are so high is because i 2V2 with an ice wizard my bonus inc healing is 67% her's is 52% which we will get to 67% soon so that i can critical us both for the same

Explorer
Jan 16, 2012
Good topic. And thanks to grvy123 for the best reply so far.

I am chiming in with a big hug to all misunderstood wizards out there. If you are talkative or quiet, you are still appreciated.

As primarily a balance wizard, I want to first say thank you to my fire friends as you have all been the most fun and active to quest, farm, and chat with.

To storm wizards, you are not all mean, but check your fellow storms, because most of you that i've met are pompous and full of themselves.

To life, you are fun and appreciated...remember balance is always your close friend and will help whenever you need us. We love you guys and are your partners as the sidekicks to others usually.

To myth and Ice...I abosolutely love your schools, and as a balance wizard, we recognize the amount of power you both have for high and low level spells. You both complete us in the spells you have. My closest allies in this game are a myth and an ice...and if anyone knows an experienced one, they should Never turn their backs on them...they are amazing to battle with.

Death, we balance wizards are really good sidekicks to you but remember we can hit hard too and we like our spells...not just blading and shielding you so you can Wraith, scarecrow, vampire, or bone dragon enemies.

My favorite wizards to be with are 1. Myth 2. Fire 3. Ice
Yes, I realize i'm the sidekick even if I am a stronger level and spell wizard...but these other schools are usually the least egotistical and appreciate our company...so hats off to you Myth, Fire, and Ice

-Joseph Icebringer
transcended Sorceror

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
dormia123 wrote:
I am tired of fire and storm and ice wizards(not all of them some are grate ) acting like they are the strongest most best wizards. for your information every time you get in troulbe you call us so next time need some help maby that life wizard wont heal or balance help you shield.WHEN you guys say(with that dance tihing)we are better i am part of the srtongest school storm or i am part of the great ice yadayadayada.

life myth balance death WE SHOULD STAND UP TO THIS

Actually, the elemental schools rely on each other more than they do the spirit schools. I just love seeing these whining posts from younger wizards who have just started playing. Now that the Spiral is a lot more peaceful people are trying to find something to complain about. How fun.

Aaron Drakewalker Archmage Pyromancer

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
sydneypixie wrote:
I find this rude, i am sorry but you can judge everyone from one or two people. storm, (not trying to be rude) has the most power, fire, third most and ice least. storm has least health, fire third least and ice most. its the balance of power. thats why you might see people saying that storm is the most powerful or ice is the strongest. its fact. but it doesnt mean they are saying they are the best school, well they might be, but its their opinion.

plus your saying that the spritual and balance school do nothing. excuse me?
i see death myth life and balance wizards all the time saying that those schools are the best and when you try to stop them from putting others down, they wont.

plus, you cant say this because people have many wizards of many schools.

this post is totally unfair and next time, do something more like:

"please stop saying your the best school cause your not"

rather than:

"storm ice and fire are totally mean and life myth death and balance are innocent"

because the statement above is flase.

~Sydney Pixie

Fire hits harder than the other schools except storm. Actually fire can be consider the hardest hitter because DoTs hit more than AoE and single target spells. Storm could be the hardest hitter is terms of quickness. Anyways yes storm hits the hardest. Balance has leaned more towards the elemental schools with spectral blast, hydra, and spectral minion. On the spirit side Chimera for all the spirit schools, availing and helping hands from life.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
DeathBlack5 wrote:
That IS true. Life heals not just you but other people.
Balance gives you blades and shields.
Death sacrifices ITSELF to heal you.
Haven't you seen us use unicorn, sprite, balanceblade, and sacrifice?
Just because your Storm, Ice, or Fire doesn't mean you can just push us around.
Everybody thinks this when you say your the best - Yeah Right.
We are strong too. As a matter in fact, without us, your NOTHING! Everybody Would Be Ice, Storm, or Fire. They are all Ddifferents meaning there IS NO BEST!
So stop yapping about how your the best. It makes all of us ANGRY
Someday all of use other schools are going to team up against you Ice, Storm, and Fire Wizards. Not against all ice, storm, and fire. just some of you. Hey Malistaire is the strongest on wiz101, and what school is he? DEATH!
I think i proved my point 8)
Fact: Some of you guys are nice.

Malistaire isn't the strongest wizard, my friend. Health doesn't mean a thing in terms of strength, defense yes, but not strength. The bosses in AV, CL, and WT could destroy Malistaire. The three original schools were the elemental schools fire, ice, and storm. When the spirit schools were found, balance was created to keep the harmony. Without the elemental schools the spirit schools couldn't exist, but that doesn't mean any school is better than the other. Knowing most of you are probably 8-10 I don't see a point to continue. I think I made your point look like trash.

(On a side note: Who did Malistaire try to summon? The Dragon Titan which brought Dragonspyre to ruins in a matter of days. Which school is the Dragon Titan from? Fire.)

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
I dont know where you got that information from its wrong.

Survivor
Mar 13, 2011
I normally would say "Every school is amazing" but this time I'll just say that posts like this don't help in any way. They only bring tension and nothing more. People will always brag and they'll always want to be better. Just don't let them make you feel like you don't deserve to play this game. You don't need to go and post about this! Do you like your school? If yes then great! Continue your journey through the spiral and have fun. You don't?Then change it! Why would you need someone to say "You're right! They are so rude!" If you enjoy playing the game with that particular wizard then it doesn't matter what others say. Why do we have to turn everything into a competition?

Have fun, young wizard :D

Survivor
Sep 19, 2010
That IS true. Life heals not just you but other people.
Balance gives you blades and shields.
Death sacrifices ITSELF to heal you.
Haven't you seen us use unicorn, sprite, balanceblade, and sacrifice?
Just because your Storm, Ice, or Fire doesn't mean you can just push us around.
Everybody thinks this when you say your the best - Yeah Right.
We are strong too. As a matter in fact, without us, your NOTHING! Everybody Would Be Ice, Storm, or Fire. They are all Ddifferents meaning there IS NO BEST!
So stop yapping about how your the best. It makes all of us ANGRY
Someday all of use other schools are going to team up against you Ice, Storm, and Fire Wizards. Not against all ice, storm, and fire. just some of you. Hey Malistaire is the strongest on wiz101, and what school is he? DEATH!
I think i proved my point 8)
Fact: Some of you guys are nice.

So us Storms throw the attacks out for nothing? Seriously, the only thing Diviners have going for them is their attacks. I have never once bragged about my School.

We have low health and accuracy and can either choose attack which means no no resist and/or critical block or we can go for defense, which means low accuracy and damage, but high defense. Seriously, stop complaining when you don't know what you're complaining about in the first place.

Storm is not always arrogant.
Ice is not always bragging.
Fire is not always overly proud.
Death, Life, Myth and Balance are not always nice.

Get used to it. Where there's an MMO game, there will be mean people. If you don't like them use the Ignore button. That's what it's for.
See what your doing. Thats what we are tired of.

Left out one point. I'm favoring describing the Storm school because I only have a play strategy for that school that I have actually thought out. It's not as easy as you'd make it to be. (Learned that way back in Celestia when I came across the Storm enemies. Ugh, they still give me the jitters, and I'm in Avalon.)[/

Explorer
May 02, 2011
YA we should storm may be strong but it fails ine verything else

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
mke497 wrote:
YA we should storm may be strong but it fails ine verything else

Actually, it doesn't. As you level you get better gear which almost eliminates fizzling. (Seriously, my Storm witch is at 92% accuracy, higher then Life's accuracy now. :D) and while resist may be mediocore, my critical and block ratings will be phenominal when I get to put on my level 80 Dancing Blade.

Actually, for PvE later on Storm would actually be a school of choice since we can finish battles with one hit and walk out saying "That was easy."

I don't see why you're putting so much emphesis on Storm being terrible. From a PvE standard (which many people now disregard) it is absolutely brilliant in, well, almost everything.

Explorer
Jul 25, 2011
i maybe a fire wizard but i'm not gonna act all high and mighty.all schools have their advantages,life for healing,death for draining,balance for defence and offance,and myth is actually pretty powerful.i mean seriously,i have encountered ice,storm, and even fire wizerds that act like there the best i just can't stand it any more,so i agree.

~antonio ravensword level 41

Survivor
Mar 25, 2009
No school is strong without another school. If you are fire or storm you may want a life on your side maybe to heal. If you are ice you may want balance to blade you. If you are life you may want a storm or fire for the high attacks while you heal. I could go on and on with this, but I noticed that when I am on my life and my sister is on her fire we are unstoppable. She may use her high attacks while I heal and I may throw a few spells here or there. I guess what I am trying to say is that you can't be powerful by yourself well most of the time anyway.

Isaac Dragonthorn Level 74 Transcendent Sorcerer
William Level 13 Initiate Theurgist

(Sorry, forgot the rest of William's name)

Survivor
Jan 31, 2010
grvy123 wrote:
i have 1 of each elemental school ( not bragging) for 3 of my wizards
i dont claim we are strongest cause each school is balanced
storm is the big 'glass cannon"
are motto is strike before we think about shielding
fire is the middle ground
stall and burn stall and burn
and ice is the " glaciar thats hard to destroy"
shield all impacts till we are ready to unleash a blizzard ( not the spell blizzard i mean just a very powerful cold force)

the spiritual schools also have traits that makes them unique in there own way

life
the " tree that never wilts"
shield, heal ally, centaur arrow or gnome fist

death
the "zombie"
we hurt ourselfs to gain greater power then take your life escence

myth
the " stunning power of legends"
stun enemy, earthquake shields, hit with triple blade medusq, and then throw a awesome minion out there

and balance
"the jack of all trades"
they share a big style from all the other schools so they are some big support but easily strong on there own
they gain ice's defending powers in the form of the tri shields
they gain fires burning power in the form of judgement
they gain storms strike fast power in the form of judgement ( yes again)
they gain life's healing qualities in the form of healing hands
they gain a couple minions thnx to myths
and they gain death's power of being a big help to any team but can still fly solo
and the spell that ties every school together
the balance blade and its cousin the dragon blade

no school is the toughest
its just like a trading card game ( give or take)
it all comes down to your set up
Wow really you gave every other school details but for fire all you said its middle ground stall and burn. What does that even mean? Are trying to say that fire doesnt meet your standards?Fire is more than stalling and burning.Fire is damage over time the damage over can break tower shields and give you a chance to attack with full force.Fire can also heal their self enough to stay in the battle with link and power link.This post made me kinda sad cause its like you put very little effort in to fire.

Alexander Orgecrafter lvl 85 pyromancer

Explorer
Dec 19, 2010
ionya wrote:
So us Storms throw the attacks out for nothing? Seriously, the only thing Diviners have going for them is their attacks. I have never once bragged about my School.

We have low health and accuracy and can either choose attack which means no no resist and/or critical block or we can go for defense, which means low accuracy and damage, but high defense. Seriously, stop complaining when you don't know what you're complaining about in the first place.

Storm is not always arrogant.
Ice is not always bragging.
Fire is not always overly proud.
Death, Life, Myth and Balance are not always nice.

Get used to it. Where there's an MMO game, there will be mean people. If you don't like them use the Ignore button. That's what it's for.
I agree with you exactly I am ice and i have NEVER bragged but i do know there are some the people that do that i just simply ignore and also just for the record i have seen the spirit schools and balance brag about being the best school.

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
Some of you make good points and others just remind me of the bragging wizards. Who cares if they brag. All schools are equal and i've seen plenty of wizards brag from every school. So just ignore them and play the game.

Survivor
Mar 09, 2011
I find Fire, Ice, and Storm very special. :3 But i love all schools. No school is the strongest. :D Every school of magic i think, is very strong. Every school has its own ups and downs. :3 Also many people say Storm is the strongest, but really. No. :3 People might think i dont think Storm is the strongest because i'm a Pyromancer. But again. No. I have more wizards on my account that are different schools than Fire. :3 <Haley SpellDreamer Pyromancer Level 88> :3

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
Not all of use are like that. You may have your little encounters at one point, but it does not happen everyday. My Storm got bashed a few times because of my health. Maybe we should stand up to this because it happened to me ONE time.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2010
Oh yes, whenever this happens I say: "I can use your spells, so please do not make fun of me." (I am balance). I feel for Myth, Life and Death though. They are strong, and no one should tell them otherwise. They just want to make themselves feel good, by putting you down. Life can kill, I have a life wizard and friends that solo. Yes. Myth, they can kill too! I have friends that are myth, and a myth wizard! Also, death can take away health than heal. Can you do that, storm? I feel for them !!!!!!!!

Defender
Mar 09, 2011
Dr Von on Aug 8, 2012 wrote:
I'm an archmage Balance wizard~ in my travels through the Spiral, I've run into a lot of wizards with ginormous egos... mostly Storm and Fire ones, though Life and Death are up there, too. If ever embarking on a dungeon-run with one of these types, I make sure there's a sigil available for that person's overinflated sense of self-worth; that said, it's not the whole school that has a problem... it's those particular players.

I have tons of Fire and Storm friends who aren't mean, and I've played one of each type myself~ Sestiva and Angela are both nice girls, always willing to help teammates and open to making new wizard-buddies. They are prepared to take care of themselves in combat, and neither of them will ever /demand/ blades, shields, or healing~ my sorceress has been harassed enough times that I know such requests are rude.

All schools are subject to harassment~ here are the ones I've gotten, personally:

Balance (80): "Blade/shield/heal me", or "keep passing and let me kill".
Death (65): "Shut up and heal me." (some guy actually went there!)
Storm (49): "Just kill" (whether she has pips or not).

Fortunately, my other wizards~ Life (33), Myth (21), and Fire (15)~ haven't been victims of such harassment yet. Hopefully, it'll stay that way.

PS: Those people who think Balance is "weak" have obviously never seen a Power Nova do a one-hit kill. :)

-El Veeb/Laura Shadowsong
the Archmage of Awesomeness

& the rest of the El Veeb army.
No way! I'm a Necromancer and i would never DREAM of saying "Shut up and heal me." Necromancers have the ability to heal themselves while they attack, and this strategy has saved my life countless times! I only have Satyr in my deck specifically for the purpose of one of my friends teleporting to me while i'm in a fight. I never use Satyr on myself. As a Necromancer i'm sorta awkward when fighting with other people, cause as soon as i get into a fight i figure out my strategy, like first cast Dr. Von Katzenstein's Monster on the minion, use half of the available traps and blades, and when i cast the person usually dies with enough spare damage points to kill another one of them. However, there a few people i've been fighting with for a long time so i know what to do with them. For example, vonawesome, you remind me of my friend Heather WillowBreeze. She, like you, is an Archmage Sorceress, and every time we go to fight together she and i both know i go for the strongest enemy while she does surround attacks and heals us. Jack DarkFlame and i are great friends and rarely ever duel together, but when we do, we're equally powerful and have our own strengths and weaknesses. Jack is an Archmage Thaumaturge, but the most powerful thaumaturge i've ever met! He can one hit me (I've got 4750 health points) with an Ice Wyvern! I've learned to just blade him, cast traps on his target, and back away and watch the pretty fireworks.
Also i've noticed about which school brags about what, i notice myself bragging to my friends about how powerful Death Magic is, and i suggest the school, but i'm not one of those people who would say "Death Magic is the best school!" because there are no best schools in the world of Wizard101. I've noticed that most of the time the people who brag are Diviners, but i don't have a naughty word to say about them. One of my best friends in real life plays the game and he took the test and every time is says he should be a Diviner! I've got nothing against the School of Storm and nothing against Diviners, nor do i about any other school or any other player.
Also as far as teaming up goes, I think Theurgists and Pyromancers make an excellent team, as well as Ice/Death, Storm/Balance, and i notice that most Myth Wizards prefer to fight solitary. However, for those of you who don't, i suggest Life Wizards as teammates.
Well, that's all i've got to say. Ttyl!
~Katherine DeathHunter, level 84 Necromancer~

Survivor
Jul 19, 2012
for your information every time you get in troulbe you call us so next time need some help maby that life wizard wont heal or balance help you shield. i just wanna say balance wizards dont always shield! i'm balance and i have really strong spells! like power nova for example. its kinda mean saying that life only heals or balnce only shields

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
I'm fire and use to be ice so i disagree. Life wizards can be rude, myth can be rude, death and balance all can be rude. So its not just the elemental schools. But yes, elemental school people can be rude too not saying they arent.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
i feel that myth life and death arent as strong as the three elemental schools. i see the strategic points and what happens when charms, traps, and boosts are added. however storm is a bit too strong. in fact the storm shark, perfect example, is a 3 pip spell which does about the same as a 4 pip death spell. life are healers, and death areself healers, and myth is hit all well thats fine but these schools including ice and fire should be about as stronger as storm and each other. - Aaron HexMancer

Survivor
Jul 25, 2011
flarzedrago9 wrote:
Actually, the elemental schools rely on each other more than they do the spirit schools. I just love seeing these whining posts from younger wizards who have just started playing. Now that the Spiral is a lot more peaceful people are trying to find something to complain about. How fun.

Elemental schools don't rely on each other! They rely on spirit schools and balance. Balance blades every one, Life heals everyone, Myth has good attacks i guess if they are good which most of them are, and Death sacrafises themselves to heal you. You are just mean for liking young wizards who whine. People complain for a reason and thats because they are trying to solve something. You are Fire which has good attacks but doesn't really help except for killing the enemies faster. So, if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it at all.

Dylan Frosthammer Grandmaster Sorcerer

Survivor
Jun 07, 2012
dormia123 on Aug 4, 2012 wrote:
I am tired of fire and storm and ice wizards(not all of them some are grate ) acting like they are the strongest most best wizards. for your information every time you get in troulbe you call us so next time need some help maby that life wizard wont heal or balance help you shield.WHEN you guys say(with that dance tihing)we are better i am part of the srtongest school storm or i am part of the great ice yadayadayada.

life myth balance death WE SHOULD STAND UP TO THIS
I think this is mean cause fire storm and ice ARE great. I do, however, think Death is strong. (not trying to be rude)

(not trying to be rude)

Myth is my LEAST favorite school

Life is to nicey-nice for me

Balance is good, its weak though

Fallon Star. DIVINER

Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
Fire, Ice, and Storm can not be made without Life, Myth, and Death and Balance can't be made with out the rest.
They all have their good and bad points but truthfully balance is all of them