Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pvp in general

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
Now I hear people complaining and complaining about how "Oh I think this should be changed" or "Oh this should be banned from pvp". I agree in some cases, some spells are way OP, but I mean come on. This pvp is very different from MMO'S I have played in the past, but I mean honestly, you lose you lose, you win you win. This pvp is just mainly strategy. First turn does give a very good advantage, but as a decent pvp player. I have won many battles second turn, based off strategy. If you say (for example) "Oh I am on a losing streak, and I am a Myth! We need better spells and Ice needs to get nerfed so we all have a chance!" Try to work around Ice, play practice pvp with Ice friends, if you have none, just do randoms at practice pvp. IMO this complaining should end. Now I know I will get some hurtful and nasty replies to this, but think about what I am trying to say, please.

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
The only thing that needed changing was puppet teams consisting of a very high level and a very low level usually ranked against a team of low levels. Now that that is fixed, PvP is fixed. Some people just aren't good at thinking, and their only excuse is to complain.

Defender
Jun 23, 2011
maybe because you don't even know how hard it is for deth and fire now,because of that shift spell. don't say anything if you don't even know anything!!

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
gougou101 wrote:
maybe because you don't even know how hard it is for deth and fire now,because of that shift spell. don't say anything if you don't even know anything!!

Well I actually am a Fire Wizard, who is still at the respectable rank of knight, I did lose to that myth, but I realized that death can still spam Wraith/Frank, Fire can spam, immolate/efreet/phoenix/helephant/sunbird. Also, spam low rank DoTs on the myth, then use a high rank such as rain of fire, and/or fire dragon (heckhound is a little risky, but it could work as well), when there is a problem, fix it, KI cant do every players needs. Every school has had a time to become stronger in pvp, maybe its time for myth to.

Defender
Jun 23, 2011
Zoro987 wrote:
gougou101 wrote:

Well I actually am a Fire Wizard, who is still at the respectable rank of knight, I did lose to that myth, but I realized that death can still spam Wraith/Frank, Fire can spam, immolate/efreet/phoenix/helephant/sunbird. Also, spam low rank DoTs on the myth, then use a high rank such as rain of fire, and/or fire dragon (heckhound is a little risky, but it could work as well), when there is a problem, fix it, KI cant do every players needs. Every school has had a time to become stronger in pvp, maybe its time for myth to.

maybe you didn't know there is a spell called SHIFT!!! EVERYTIME i use over time they use that spell. they don't trash that spell they keep it so overtime will not work!! you said do wraith or frank dude that's 15 pips for crying out lound and what if they got shield??myth is a pvp warlord before they got minions ane earth! like i said don't say anything if you don't even know anything! the stuff you said sound easy but it is hard to do i start to wonder do you even play pvp?

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
gougou101 wrote:
Zoro987 wrote:
gougou101 wrote:

maybe you didn't know there is a spell called SHIFT!!! EVERYTIME i use over time they use that spell. they don't trash that spell they keep it so overtime will not work!! you said do wraith or frank dude that's 15 pips for crying out lound and what if they got shield??myth is a pvp warlord before they got minions ane earth! like i said don't say anything if you don't even know anything! the stuff you said sound easy but it is hard to do i start to wonder do you even play pvp?

That myth actually did use a shifted heckhound on me, and btw, death can also shatter :P, they can also train myth dispel, :P, they get warlord before minions and earth because of noob tc, and puppeting. Oh btw, i am a fire lvl 75 captain in pvp. So don't say i don't play pvp. Btw, why not make a myth and level him as well :)

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010

I see that you're too lazy to get a strategy up, or too stubborn to listen to other's ideas. Well, sorry to break it to you, but Zoro987 was playing since 2009, so he/she has had a longer pvp experience then you. Also, I think that if you're a Knight, you would actually know the basics and advanced stuff in pvp, such as dispels and other things. The thing is, gougou101, you're not trying to get around the Shift spell. Never let a spell throw you off in pvp, never ever let that happen, or you're sure to lose, read the thread that you started: https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/52571.ftl#292703

A lot of people have tooken their time to help you, now don't ignore them. And also, you were the one that complained about "treasure cards", even though they were spells from the Knight's Lore Pack here: https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/52874.ftl#294198

It sounds (reads, whatever) to me that you don't know how to handle going against these spells. Well, let's see, if you're Death, you could Skeletal Dragon then Poison, anyone would know to do that against a Myth wizard. If you're Fire, use Rain of Fire then any type of Link/Fire Elf, or even keep a Storm Elf pet so it doesn't waste your blades! There are so many ways to handle the Shift spell, the problem is though, you're not taking the time to get around it.

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
joujou11cool wrote:

I see that you're too lazy to get a strategy up, or too stubborn to listen to other's ideas. Well, sorry to break it to you, but Zoro987 was playing since 2009, so he/she has had a longer pvp experience then you. Also, I think that if you're a Knight, you would actually know the basics and advanced stuff in pvp, such as dispels and other things. The thing is, gougou101, you're not trying to get around the Shift spell. Never let a spell throw you off in pvp, never ever let that happen, or you're sure to lose, read the thread that you started: https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/52571.ftl#292703

A lot of people have tooken their time to help you, now don't ignore them. And also, you were the one that complained about "treasure cards", even though they were spells from the Knight's Lore Pack here: https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/52874.ftl#294198

It sounds (reads, whatever) to me that you don't know how to handle going against these spells. Well, let's see, if you're Death, you could Skeletal Dragon then Poison, anyone would know to do that against a Myth wizard. If you're Fire, use Rain of Fire then any type of Link/Fire Elf, or even keep a Storm Elf pet so it doesn't waste your blades! There are so many ways to handle the Shift spell, the problem is though, you're not taking the time to get around it.

Ty joujou11cool.

Defender
Jun 23, 2011
joujou11cool wrote:

how come you always against my post every post i post? you always say something bad about it. why are you picking on me? and btw i'm death commander use to be warlord but rihgt now myth and life got me down to commander. i'm telling you overtime don't work they shift a poison even it only to 200 per round. i don't spend money on this game when i first start this game i have no idea what train points is so i just train stuff. idk dispel and all that kind of stuff but i'm still a commander now because i know how to pvp, and when i first start the game i have no idea how to pvp so i got the points of 300 something then as i lvl up i get better spell and learn from my mistakes i become better and better and i just stick with the cards i've train in the start. so i don't have all the cool gears all the right cards all the life spell all the dispels or all the tower shield but i'm still a commander. it is a rough start to me.

still they shift EVERY OVERTIME spell i used. bone dragon is no longer working. how do you think i use to be warlord? death blade spirit blade infallble then attack follow by poison done. now they shift my spells. i'm sry that i don't have shatter or myth mastery or life mastery i'm sry that i don't use tc to help me and i'm sry that i'm not perfect but i'm proud of what i got.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Zoro987 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

Ty joujou11cool.

No problem.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
how come you always against my post every post i post? you always say something bad about it. why are you picking on me?

Sorry if I made it seem like I'm picking on you, but you really need to stop complaining and put plans into action. (There are lots of people with mirrored opinions on the message boards, trust me.)

and btw i'm death commander use to be warlord but rihgt now myth and life got me down to commander. i'm telling you overtime don't work they shift a poison even it only to 200 per round.

I know, it's hard, but imagine how Fire feels not only having to deal with Ice, but Myth as well. But, I do have some tips since you're Death. While the opponent is Shifting, use Virulent Plague on them, and then use Juju and all that stuff, and while they're trying to wand it away, you can use a Dr. Von's Monster on them and deal great amounts of damage.

i don't spend money on this game when i first start this game i have no idea what train points is so i just train stuff.

Don't worry, we've all gone through that lol.

idk dispel and all that kind of stuff but i'm still a commander now because i know how to pvp, and when i first start the game i have no idea how to pvp so i got the points of 300 something then as i lvl up i get better spell and learn from my mistakes i become better and better and i just stick with the cards i've train in the start. so i don't have all the cool gears all the right cards all the life spell all the dispels or all the tower shield but i'm still a commander. it is a rough start to me.

You... don't have the waterworks gear? Well, try to do the training points quests, and train the dispels. Also, since you're Death, I'm assuming that you thought that Doom and Gloom was all you needed to cut heals at one point? I know exactly how you feel if you did lol.

still they shift EVERY OVERTIME spell i used. bone dragon is no longer working. how do you think i use to be warlord? death blade spirit blade infallble then attack follow by poison done. now they shift my spells. i'm sry that i don't have shatter or myth mastery or life mastery i'm sry that i don't use tc to help me and i'm sry that i'm not perfect but i'm proud of what i got.

Nobody ever said you needed anything to get to warlord. Yes, pvp used to be the combo up and finish, but now, it's more of a challenge. Use Bad Juju more, and try to make the opponent wand while you go in for the drain attack. If DoT's were your main thing, then switch it over and time by time in the battle, and try to make the opponent heal a lot while you're attacking. To play very well as Death, be merciless. NEVER!!!!!!! let your opponent stand a chance, never! Don't let them shield, blade, or heal, just keep on brining the attacks one after the other! It's like a back to back attacking mania, that's what makes it so easy to defeat Life and Myth wizards, well, not Myth, but it's a great way to go. (Only do that when your pips are high or you'll epically fail). Well, that's all I can really say right now, try doing what I said (Not exactly, just the general parts of it), and tell me how you do.

Defender
Jun 23, 2011
joujou11cool wrote:
how come you always against my post every post i post? you always say something bad about it. why are you picking on me?

Sorry if I made it seem like I'm picking on you, but you really need to stop complaining and put plans into action. (There are lots of people with mirrored opinions on the message boards, trust me.)

and btw i'm death commander use to be warlord but rihgt now myth and life got me down to commander. i'm telling you overtime don't work they shift a poison even it only to 200 per round.

I know, it's hard, but imagine how Fire feels not only having to deal with Ice, but Myth as well. But, I do have some tips since you're Death. While the opponent is Shifting, use Virulent Plague on them, and then use Juju and all that stuff, and while they're trying to wand it away, you can use a Dr. Von's Monster on them and deal great amounts of damage.

i don't spend money on this game when i first start this game i have no idea what train points is so i just train stuff.

idk dispel and all that kind of stuff but i'm still a commander now because i know how to pvp, and when i first start the game i have no idea how to pvp so i got the points of 300 something then as i lvl up i get better spell and learn from my mistakes i become better and better and i just stick with the cards i've train in the start. so i don't have all the cool gears all the right cards all the life spell all the dispels or all the tower shield but i'm still a commander. it is a rough start to me.

You... don't have the waterworks gear? Well, try to do the training points quests, and train the dispels. Also, since you're Death, I'm assuming that you thought that Doom and Gloom was all you needed to cut heals at one point? I know exactly how you feel if you did lol.

Nobody ever said you needed anything to get to warlord. Yes, pvp used to be the combo up and finish, but now, it's more of a challenge. Use Bad Juju more, and try to make the opponent wand while you go in for the drain attack. If DoT's were your main thing, then switch it over and time by time in the battle, and try to make the opponent heal a lot while you're attacking. To play very well as Death, be merciless. NEVER!!!!!!! let your opponent stand a chance, never! Don't let them shield, blade, or heal, just keep on brining the attacks one after the other! It's like a back to back attacking mania, that's what makes it so easy to defeat Life and Myth wizards, well, not Myth, but it's a great way to go. (Only do that when your pips are high or you'll epically fail). Well, that's all I can really say right now, try doing what I said (Not exactly, just the general parts of it), and tell me how you do.

i do have waterworks i mean no craft gears

Defender
Jun 23, 2011
joujou11cool wrote:

dude you just saying never let them shield? never let them heal? never let them blade? how in world am i going to do that?i DON'T have myth mastery i don't have all the cool tc!! so you think bad juju is a easy spell? well it is not!!! if you not going first bad juju don't work and i don't want to kill my self with it!! it takes like 500 damage evertime!!dude you don't even know how hard it is because you are not a death wizard!! btw your plan is idk not working. keep attacking? i'm not storm mr. know it all~ i have my own plan. i don't want you be mad at me or anything but you need to try to look at my way i know you are good in pvp and spend a lot of money on it but try to just let it go.because you have no idea how hard it is for me right now. ~why can't we be friends? why can we be friends?~lol. i really hope that we can pvp so you know how hard it is for me and know how death pvp. give a time and place and sever.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
gougou101 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

dude you just saying never let them shield? never let them heal? never let them blade? how in world am i going to do that?i DON'T have myth mastery i don't have all the cool tc!! so you think bad juju is a easy spell? well it is not!!! if you not going first bad juju don't work and i don't want to kill my self with it!! it takes like 500 damage evertime!!dude you don't even know how hard it is because you are not a death wizard!! btw your plan is idk not working. keep attacking? i'm not storm mr. know it all~ i have my own plan. i don't want you be mad at me or anything but you need to try to look at my way i know you are good in pvp and spend a lot of money on it but try to just let it go.because you have no idea how hard it is for me right now. ~why can't we be friends? why can we be friends?~lol. i really hope that we can pvp so you know how hard it is for me and know how death pvp. give a time and place and sever.

It actually is possible to attack constantly, but we're kind of getting off topic. (If you're at Commander with like, no crowns gear, that's pretty good). Trust me, I do have a Death wizard, nothing is never easy anymore. I used to just simply stack up a Skeletal Dragon then Infection and place a Dr. Von's Monster, but no, that doesn't work anymore, I know that. The thing is, you don't need crowns gear at all to be good at pvp, it just helps you.

I realized that a while ago, getting crowns gear makes you no better, it just helps you gain a few spells, and gives you an easier time at things. The thing is though, Balance and Death are always even, I know exactly how it feels to face tough opponents, but trust me, just keep up the attacks. (Only use the attaks constantly when they're at low health, I recommend Skeletal Pirates or Wraiths). Just improve your deck if you lose, I can't really help you lol. I'm not as good as you on my Death wizard XD I'm still only Captain on that one now...

Defender
Jun 23, 2011
joujou11cool wrote:
gougou101 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

It actually is possible to attack constantly, but we're kind of getting off topic. (If you're at Commander with like, no crowns gear, that's pretty good). Trust me, I do have a Death wizard, nothing is never easy anymore. I used to just simply stack up a Skeletal Dragon then Infection and place a Dr. Von's Monster, but no, that doesn't work anymore, I know that. The thing is, you don't need crowns gear at all to be good at pvp, it just helps you.

I realized that a while ago, getting crowns gear makes you no better, it just helps you gain a few spells, and gives you an easier time at things. The thing is though, Balance and Death are always even, I know exactly how it feels to face tough opponents, but trust me, just keep up the attacks. (Only use the attaks constantly when they're at low health, I recommend Skeletal Pirates or Wraiths). Just improve your deck if you lose, I can't really help you lol. I'm not as good as you on my Death wizard XD I'm still only Captain on that one now...

so you saying bone dragon and dr.von's? ya is like i got that kind of pips to do that. btw plz stop man i sick of you picking on me and fighting over a small things. ~peace~