Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sidequests or not? Please help...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
Hey!
I just had a quick question. Should I start doing Sidequests in Wizardcity or wait in-till I get to Krok or Marleybone or Mooshu?
Are the sidequests in Wizardcity just a waste of time?
The only sidequest I was going to do was the Smith for training points.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Always do the Zeke sidequests, or at least except them. The training points are always worth it.

As for other sidequests, they usually give good rewards, and bonus XP for when you feel you aren't a high enough level for an area.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2012
I always do ALL side quests. Some may get tedious, but it will sure make the battles a lot easier. I was playing with a guy the other day who asked me to come help him in Crimson Fields. He was level 36 and struggling. In discussion he told me he didn't do many side quests. I finished Crimson Fields today, and I was 41 when I got there. Sure makes the fights easier.

Slow down. Enjoy the game. Unless this is your umpteenth run through, might as well enjoy the whole game. Lots of funny things to see, and you'll meet a lot of people.

Explorer
Dec 11, 2008
the way i quests is just pick them all up and do the main quests, you will see that you will complete some of the side quest while doing main quests, but for me i never do sides i just do main and happen to do some sides with out meaning to ( i do zeke and any quest that gives train points) but it works out for me just a few days about i got done with avlon and the very last quest after its all done you talk to headmaster to end the long story quest chain i hit 80. but its all how you feel i know my friends do a bunch of sides like one is the same lvl as my ice, my ice is in ds and she is still in mooshu lol.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I do all quests and side quests though Dragon Sprye. I do all of Crab Alley and Westeria, I fit in Grizzlehiem, since there is hardly any experience there, in between Krockatopia and Marleybone doing one area at a time so I am ready for Ravenscar around level 45-48 and return there to finish it up at level 50 to enter Wintertusk, I do the first few walk arounds and go back to main questing - usually the end of DS into Celestia. At level 55 I return to Wintertusk do the main story line only and am at level 58 when I get the Northern Exposure quest.

At level 56 I craft the Wintertusk gear and when I return to Celestia it seems a bit easier to take.

Delver
Apr 11, 2012
You should start doing whatever quests you feel like doing. But, I recommend you start the side quests in krokotopia, mainly because there are a lot of side quests there that give you extra xp.

Actually, it's up to you whether you wanna even do side quests. They're optional quests that you don't need to do. This is just a quick warning: Be careful what quests you do.

Miranda ThunderGem ( Life )

Explorer
Apr 27, 2012
I always do sidequests.

That makes me level up more, and I'm level 64 and in Celestia - and it's easy!

Sidequests make you level up to a higher level in the area, and it makes it easier.

You can either be in a world at a low level and have a hard time, or wait, and be a high level in a world and breezes by.

Your choice.

Survivor
May 07, 2011
It's your choice just do whatever you want. I got in Mooshu at level 41 and i didn't even notice I did some side quests . (Can't tell which side quest or not) now I think not to get me confused I am only gonna do the main story line and probably do the side quests later.

Btw if you can guess what school I am I will give you a Muffin!

~Christina DreamGem ____ level 42

Explorer
Feb 25, 2012
charmaine007 on Nov 5, 2012 wrote:
It's your choice just do whatever you want. I got in Mooshu at level 41 and i didn't even notice I did some side quests . (Can't tell which side quest or not) now I think not to get me confused I am only gonna do the main story line and probably do the side quests later.

Btw if you can guess what school I am I will give you a Muffin!

~Christina DreamGem ____ level 42
I bet you are a storm, no wait ice, no wait balance, no wait fire, no wait death, no wait life, no wait myth.

guess my school and i give you a lifetime supply of bananas! (the fried type that the brazilians love)

Gabriel Ash(too much information so not giving second part of last name) ____ level 41

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
If your not trying to stop at a certain level then yes, and ALWAYS accept Zekes quests, they usually always give training points which can help a ton. Happy questing.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
All the side quests should be done if you want the reward. If you want to level up a bit before moving on,or if you want the training point,or maybe the pet/item then i would suggest doing them. Depending on what you want no quest is not worth it.

Take care and safe journeys

Defender
Feb 17, 2012
You can't decide? Then here's a few tips.

- if you feel that a world is way to easy or boring, don't do side quests except Zeke's one, there is gold, xp, and a training point to go around there!

- if you're really itching and scratching for something to do, or you want to have a small break from the storyline, do ANY side quest, even if they do not offer good rewards; All side quests kill time.

-if you want to have a bit of an xp boost, do the ANY side quests that offer a fair amount of xp.

- if you're getting those tedious did not collect quests, do Zeke's quests, or some quest you know that wont ask you to collect anything!

- if you find a world is way to hard, go back to the prior world and do some side quests there, trust me, when you then come back to the quest you'll find it a lot easier!

- and when you are doung the general storyline, remember to pick up any side quests on the way, you'll never know if you'll need them!

- remember that side quests are the ones that you can decline.

Hope this helps!

Noah Rainrunner