Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

storm over powerful or not

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
every time i do pvp or play with a storm wizard they end up killing me or all the monters with over 4000 attack. I'm a grandmaster life wizard and i can't even reach over 4000 damage, the highest i've ever gotten was over 2000, and thats with traps and blades. what do you guys think, i for one think they should tone down storm spells because they are too over powered.

Evan Dragonsmith
level 54, life wizard

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
eobb11 wrote:
every time i do pvp or play with a storm wizard they end up killing me or all the monters with over 4000 attack. I'm a grandmaster life wizard and i can't even reach over 4000 damage, the highest i've ever gotten was over 2000, and thats with traps and blades. what do you guys think, i for one think they should tone down storm spells because they are too over powered.

Evan Dragonsmith
level 54, life wizard

-sighs- Have you forgotten our low health and accuracy? I had to give up on Storm accuracy for resist, and even then I only have OK resist to Storm and Fire. I have 70% accuracy, while ther other schools have higher accuracy.

I find this quite annoying, as I will use Gargantuan on Levy, then it fizzles.

Storm is meant to be a high attack school, we have to kill the enemies fast or they kill us. That's how it works, and if changed, the Storm wizards will be VERY mad because we have earned the stuff KI gave us.

I suggest you try to solo on a Storm wiz, then you might get what I'm saying. (Yes, I played solo until Celestia. I'm not soloing here only because a friend needs help to finish CL before his membership ends. I probably could solo most of Celestia though. It is possible on a Storm.)

Scarlet Nightdreamer, Level 59 Diviner, currently in Stormriven

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
A storm wizard's health is quite low compared to other schools. They have to be able to attack quickly and powerfully in order to survive.

I mean, for goodness sake, we have some complaining about ice being OP and storm being OP. Is fire next?

Explorer
Aug 01, 2009
eobb11 wrote:

Evan Dragonsmith
level 54, life wizard

Seriously? Attack is the only thing they have.

Barely any health, very little resist and low accuracy.
Why do people keep insisting on nerfing storm's attack, it's what keeps them alive.

If it weren't for being able to strike hard we would never last a battle, we are made for finishing a battle fast before the enemy knocks out our health.

(my lvl 47 storm only has around 1,500 health. Your 2000 damage attack would defeat me.)

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
eobb11 wrote:

Evan Dragonsmith
level 54, life wizard

*another sigh*
Storm is not overpowered.
Ice is not overpowered.
Life is not underpowered.
etc., etc., etc...

You have to learn the nuances of each school.
Storm has strong spells but fizzles the most.

And this should be in the PvP category.

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
eobb11 wrote:

Evan Dragonsmith
level 54, life wizard

Yeah there a little to powerful . The thing that really get to me is there newer attack spell Sirens it's not that it does to much damage but takes blades and on top puts smokescreen. Think that's a bit much for a spell that does so much damage . Oh sorry make that 4 things it also reduce threat on all enemies. Anyway!

When you hit 60 do water works for the 60 gear that will really help you. The 56 crafted gear from wintertusk is good also if you can't get water works that will hold you over :) This should help your attack. good luck.

Defender
May 19, 2012
Having solo'd the game up to Celestia on my Storm wizard, I tend to disagree with the OP. Storm fizzles a lot, a whole lot more than other schools. Top this with very low health and either low accuracy or low resists, well, sometimes my Storm wizard barely scrapes by surviving a battle. (I don't pvp so I can't say anything as far as the pvp field goes.)

I've been playing my Balance and Life wizards and they don't even fizzle half as much as my Storm wizard does. As for high damage from a Life wizard, well, my Life wizard does some pretty hefty damage, when boosted with blades and traps. It's kind of fun building up a massive attack against a boss monster using both my Balance and Life wizard's blades and traps, plus feint and seeing just how much damage I can do. My Life wizard can not only take down a boss monster, but with overkill to boot, hehe.

As for my Balance wizard, at level 56 I actually got her damage up to nearly 20k and she wasn't even fully boosted. That wasn't Judgement either, it was a Power Nova.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
well i just makes me a little made because by the time i get all my blades the battle is already over with a triton.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
No, Storm is not overpowered~ just because you don't care to adjust your strategy to suit that school doesn't make it overpowered.

You say you're a Life wizard~ that's already a huge advantage, as Storm can't heal and you can just spam Satyrs until the end of time. Also, Storm shields are there for a reason~ if you're that afraid of diviners, either train the -80% shield from Sabrina Greenstar or pick up a treasure version at the Bazaar. Those shields are your best friend, so use them liberally.

If you haven't already, go and make a Storm wizard~ and see for yourself what it's like, to have our high fizzle rate, terrible health and low resistance. Sestiva, my Storm wiz, is level 49 and has a little over 1800 health~ your "small" 2000-point hit would have crushed her.

Seriously, attack power is all that keeps us alive~ so don't complain, and spend the time mastering your own school's power; know your limitations, and do your research... People in the Arena aren't stupid, so you'll have to work to outsmart them. I know absolutely nothing about PvP, but this is hardly rocket science~ it's basic common sense.

-"El Veeb"/Shadowsong/Sestiva
the archmage of awesomeness & master diviner

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
vonawesome1 wrote:
No, Storm is not overpowered~ just because you don't care to adjust your strategy to suit that school doesn't make it overpowered.

You say you're a Life wizard~ that's already a huge advantage, as Storm can't heal and you can just spam Satyrs until the end of time. Also, Storm shields are there for a reason~ if you're that afraid of diviners, either train the -80% shield from Sabrina Greenstar or pick up a treasure version at the Bazaar. Those shields are your best friend, so use them liberally.

If you haven't already, go and make a Storm wizard~ and see for yourself what it's like, to have our high fizzle rate, terrible health and low resistance. Sestiva, my Storm wiz, is level 49 and has a little over 1800 health~ your "small" 2000-point hit would have crushed her.

Seriously, attack power is all that keeps us alive~ so don't complain, and spend the time mastering your own school's power; know your limitations, and do your research... People in the Arena aren't stupid, so you'll have to work to outsmart them. I know absolutely nothing about PvP, but this is hardly rocket science~ it's basic common sense.

-"El Veeb"/Shadowsong/Sestiva
the archmage of awesomeness & master diviner

I couldn't have said it better. Perhaps, if you're willing, I could bake some cookies and we could help the OP learn how to beat a Storm wizard. Scarlet is willing to help, if Sestiva is.

Scarlet Nightdreamer, Legendary Diviner

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
ionya wrote:
I couldn't have said it better. Perhaps, if you're willing, I could bake some cookies and we could help the OP learn how to beat a Storm wizard. Scarlet is willing to help, if Sestiva is.

Scarlet Nightdreamer, Legendary Diviner

You had me at cookies!

LOL~ if OP would like some help learning to beat a Storm wizard, Sestiva and I will be happy to help out. ;)

~El Veeb