Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Insane bolt does to much damage to self!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 25, 2010
I use insane bolt mostly as a finish-offer in pvp. I would never ever use this spell in my quest in a dungeon or anywhere that is NOT pvp... It's great that it does 1000 damage, but it does 10,000 damage to you!? What about wild bolt? That does 10, 100, or 1000. It has less accuracy yes but it is still able to do 1000 damage without the risk of you being killed.... You should change this spell to do 1000 damage to enemy or 1000 damage to self. If it has to be higher than the damage it does to the other player make it 1500. Making new spells doesnt mean people will use them. Other players: leave a post to say what you think about this spell and they may change it if others agree. And they have done it. Healing current use to heal or kill you. Now it heals by 10, 100, or 1000. (Thank you for changing that i wouldnt spend 4 pips for a self suicide when the enemy can do it without me using my pips)

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
The point of "Insane" Bolt is to defeat you on the random chance. The ability to dish out 1,000 nearly unresistable damage for only 2 pips is that you will occasionally get defeated. If you only took 1,000 damage instead of 10,000 the spell would become overpowered. Since the spell will likely be cast when your opponent puts a weakness type spell on you or you put up a tower shield first. You could spam this spell without the drawbacks of Wild Bolt occasionally only doing 10 damage.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
isaiahcrabbe159357 wrote:
I use insane bolt mostly as a finish-offer in pvp. I would never ever use this spell in my quest in a dungeon or anywhere that is NOT pvp... It's great that it does 1000 damage, but it does 10,000 damage to you!? What about wild bolt? That does 10, 100, or 1000. It has less accuracy yes but it is still able to do 1000 damage without the risk of you being killed.... You should change this spell to do 1000 damage to enemy or 1000 damage to self. If it has to be higher than the damage it does to the other player make it 1500. Making new spells doesnt mean people will use them. Other players: leave a post to say what you think about this spell and they may change it if others agree. And they have done it. Healing current use to heal or kill you. Now it heals by 10, 100, or 1000. (Thank you for changing that i wouldnt spend 4 pips for a self suicide when the enemy can do it without me using my pips)

1 its 2 pips
2 its a do or die card and it only hitself 20% of the time

you just want a card to spamm in pvp
i have a storm and she cant wait to get this card
its only for moments when ya need that last push and ya might die anyhow

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Insane Bolt. I never even bothered questing that spell. Even when I do have to quest it, I will never use it. Ever.

I love Wild Bolt, and for a similar yet different reason, will love Healing Current. If Healing Current did indeed have a chance to kill you, I would have used it as much as Insane Bolt. Never.

Insane Bolt is simply one of those spells that will never see the light of day. I will simply never ever use it.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2010
Really Good Idea! And as a storm player i use insane to quickly kill the enemy but time to time it kills you with massive 10k (too much!) moon damage?!?!? Tower shield is only shield that can be used against it though making it 5000 damage (still suicide unless you use tc tower and trained one)

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Its a do or die move: Otherwise it would be spammed in PvP.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Also, like others have stated, Insane Bolt is only useful solo if you need that last ditch effort to kill a mob that is full of pips and you are extremely low on health yourself (kill them, before they kill you).

It is also a great spell in groups, where a Life Wizard can cast Guardian Spirit on you first (so you are immediately healed when you are defeated by Insane Bolt).

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Sigh you are missing the point. It was ment to be a do or die move. That's why it's like this. Storm doesn't have any other cards like this so I would think it would be good to have it. Unlike wild bolt it can do even more damage and it will usually hit the enemy and not you.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2012

Yes it can damage you and you may be defeated but you must remember,storm is a very strong school ive seen 200,000 damage from a storm before. so honestly i think it is a great spell (maybe you should not use it in pvp -_-)

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
You should change this spell to do 1000 damage to enemy or 1000 damage to self.

It's called insane for a reason. you're insane if you use it. it does as much damage to you as it does to ensure that it WILL kill you if it backfires.

Electricity is unpredictable and dangerous at high levels.

You want to make sure you don't die? have a life wizard in your part who casts after you. Then the round you cast insane bolt, the life wizard casts a high powered heal on you. Even if it backfires, you'll be alive at the end of the round.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2010
grvy123 wrote:

1 its 2 pips

I am pretty sure I said 2 pips. And I dont pvp.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2010
grvy123 wrote:

1 its 2 pips

Oops, I meant pvp often.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010

This is a great spell in PvP, especially since you'll get to warlord after using Feint in the first round, and then an enchanted Insane Bolt. It's a win or lose in pvp, luck is all that determines it. You can decide to take a quick match, or decide to take your time in matches.

Well, I'm just going to start to get to the reason that this spell was made. A while ago, everyone was getting destroyed by the old Wild Bolt, which had 10% accuracy. And, there were those Balance enchantments Keen Eyes, as well as Storm gear accuracy from what Malistaire gave you, or the Commander Gear. So every school complained, except 90% of the Storm wizards. Some Storm wizards actually stood up and admitted that the spell was overpowered, so KI changed it to 10, 100, or 1000 damage. Then, people complained, all schools, not just Storm, and then some thought that the spell was good, and, Storm wizards were willing to give basically everything just to get the spell back, or at least a non boostable version. So, KI took that everything, and gave the Storm wizards exactly what they wanted: Anything. So, KI made Insane Bolt. At first, the spell had a higher chance of suicide, until people complained, and the spell had a higher chance of hitting the enemy. Insane Bolt with a Feint is a do or die spell, Insane Bolt would be the spell determining everything now, unless, of course, the opponent uses a Tower Shield/Guardian Spirit, but, if you want, you can use Wild Bolt.

Oh yeah, after the Wintertusk update, Wild Bolt became good with the wateworks gear and Gargantuan enchantments, even the 100 damage hit would hurt. Well, that's pretty much why Insane Bolt was made, and will remain to do what it does.