Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The new spells used in pvp

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 03, 2011
Allot of people have been seriously complaining about the following spells:

Backdraft, Detonate, Guardian Spirit, Mass Infection, Bad Juju, Mana Burn, and Supernova.

Now, this is very hilarious how most of these people say that they are either terrible or are too powerful. XD Oh the irony, the schools who got great spells think they are terrible when they don't even look at the new ice spells.

Backdraft and Detonate: Both are very useful in pvp and backdraft is a key element to kill bosses with hard hits and an easy way to get the one in a million badge.

Guardian Spirit: Way to go people! Got nerfed from 25 to 15 and one time I saw a post saying to nerf it more than 15%. Some people say it is a powerful spell that is way to tough for pvp. Some people even say they beat the guys using them in pvp! Oh my! You beat them in 1v1? How terrible! It is basically just a satyr in reserve. Get over it. Would you rather face a puppet team or a GS turtle? About 90% of the GS users don't even turtle with it. You people have weakened it so much that now it is useless against a doom and gloom. Doom and gloom already made it tough to heal in a 1v1 with it but now they had to NERF it? Ok, I have a ton of hateful things to say to the people who want to nerf it but I want this thread to actually show up. Moving on.

Mass Infection and Bad Juju: AMAZING spells in my opinion. Bad Juju is a great trade of health in order to weaken the enemy a tremendous amount. And mass infection is a perfect use in those 4v4 arenas.

Mana Burn and Supernova: Overpowered way too much. It is very possible to spam Mana Burn all though it is 5 pips. A spam is anything used over and over not repeatedly in a row. I once found a thread with a comment saying that Supernova is too weak and that it barely even does 500 damage. Of course, IT IS 2 PIPS! He even said that Mana Burn was a waste. Ok let me see here: Supernova 2 pips. 500 damage and kill the aura. Yeah that's too weak. It needs more damage! Ok next one: Mana burn: 5 pips. 80 damage per pip enemy has and takes away 3 of them. Yes, block them from the best attacks, rip away their health, and you only use 5 pips! WEAK! more power! Gargantuan it! These are insane enough. Gargantuans are NOT needed.

It's so funny how I always find remarks to these but nobody seems to notice the new ice spells. Stealing pet sprites and making DoT's one round shorter. SEEMS GOOD TO ME! lol The spells have nothing wrong with them but people seem to hate them anyways.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
First I will state that my school is death so the spells I am talking about don't have a biased opinion.

For one we can start with backdraft. Yes it is a great spell in PvE although just like supercharge it isn't best to use in PvP since it uses all your pips. Shields can be used to counter it making it not as effective.

Detonate is a situation spell. I haven't seen it in action to much so not much to say on it. I think it has its uses although probably not a ton.

Guardian Spirit is a very interesting spell. I believe the nerf was important since the only way to counter it was with doom. Infection, and life dispels wouldn't work because when you die they are removed. Also you can't remove guardian spirit. Doom was designed to keep people from healing don't bother trying to heal through it and expect a good heal. You need to change the bubble. This is how I beat lifes who use that spell. Once it is use I cast doom and then kill them, which when they are revived it is with little health so then i usually just use vampire, or poison.

Bad juju and mass infection I am ticked off with. Bad juju got nerfed and mass infection was only good in 4v4. I use it though it is burned off really quickly since pets that have sprite trigger more often when you have more people. Bad juju is situtional. Really its only good when you go first since if you go second the person can just cleanse or wand it off. If you go first then you need to time it right. Also it take 3 pips and damage along with taking your blades.

Mana burn and power nova again have there up and downs. Mana burn is a beast spell. Although its leans more torwards going first, since if you go second it might not do any damage when you cast it on the opponent. Power nova is a bit over powered I feel, although last time I checked I thought I saw it had accuracy of 60. If that is true then maybe it isn't that op.

The ice spells again depend. The one for stealing health isn't that big of a deal. Although the cool down spell is powerful, since it removes a tick from every DoT on you and your team mates. So if you have two ices on your team and you get hit by a ton of DoT then you are probably safe since they can just keep using that move.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2011
I do not really have a problem with any of these spells except guardian spirit, it's really not that fair :? Many life wizards I have fought in pvp have used it repeatedly, and a lot of times they critical on it, and you can't always carry doom and gloom can you?

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
dodgeballking wrote:

Backdraft, Detonate, Guardian Spirit, Mass Infection, Bad Juju, Mana Burn, and Supernova.

Now, this is very hilarious how most of these people say that they are either terrible or are too powerful. XD Oh the irony, the schools who got great spells think they are terrible when they don't even look at the new ice spells.

Backdraft and Detonate: Both are very useful in pvp and backdraft is a key element to kill bosses with hard hits and an easy way to get the one in a million badge.

Guardian Spirit: Way to go people! Got nerfed from 25 to 15 and one time I saw a post saying to nerf it more than 15%. Some people say it is a powerful spell that is way to tough for pvp. Some people even say they beat the guys using them in pvp! Oh my! You beat them in 1v1? How terrible! It is basically just a satyr in reserve. Get over it. Would you rather face a puppet team or a GS turtle? About 90% of the GS users don't even turtle with it. You people have weakened it so much that now it is useless against a doom and gloom. Doom and gloom already made it tough to heal in a 1v1 with it but now they had to NERF it? Ok, I have a ton of hateful things to say to the people who want to nerf it but I want this thread to actually show up. Moving on.

Mass Infection and Bad Juju: AMAZING spells in my opinion. Bad Juju is a great trade of health in order to weaken the enemy a tremendous amount. And mass infection is a perfect use in those 4v4 arenas.

Mana Burn and Supernova: Overpowered way too much. It is very possible to spam Mana Burn all though it is 5 pips. A spam is anything used over and over not repeatedly in a row. I once found a thread with a comment saying that Supernova is too weak and that it barely even does 500 damage. Of course, IT IS 2 PIPS! He even said that Mana Burn was a waste. Ok let me see here: Supernova 2 pips. 500 damage and kill the aura. Yeah that's too weak. It needs more damage! Ok next one: Mana burn: 5 pips. 80 damage per pip enemy has and takes away 3 of them. Yes, block them from the best attacks, rip away their health, and you only use 5 pips! WEAK! more power! Gargantuan it! These are insane enough. Gargantuans are NOT needed.

It's so funny how I always find remarks to these but nobody seems to notice the new ice spells. Stealing pet sprites and making DoT's one round shorter. SEEMS GOOD TO ME! lol The spells have nothing wrong with them but people seem to hate them anyways.

ice+storm+life+ death not using doom and gloom
ice lowers dot counts on teamates and shields
storm can heal now and revive the life while throwing bolts everyturn
life same goal as before along with a back up heal to revive from a fatal blow
and death to fient/bad juju while hitting with deer knight

this is a strategy i put together using the very exact complained spells lolz

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
grvy123 wrote:
dodgeballking wrote:

ice+storm+life+ death not using doom and gloom
ice lowers dot counts on teamates and shields
storm can heal now and revive the life while throwing bolts everyturn
life same goal as before along with a back up heal to revive from a fatal blow
and death to fient/bad juju while hitting with deer knight

this is a strategy i put together using the very exact complained spells lolz

Have your tried this strategy out yet because I don't think it would work too well.

For one both bad juju and feint only target one person leaving the rest of the people to attack. To be honest it would just be easier to make the death use plagues, mass infection, and virulent plagues.

The ice is always good to have but saying you face maybe a few storms they can just use lord which wouldn't have a DoT.

Again life is good to have but either they will be targeted or killed through an AoE.

Over all the plan is lacking enough damage. Usually in 4v4 there is a large use of plagues, smoke screen, and shields. So if you don't have enough people planing on attacks you won't do so hot.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
i for one feel that guardian spirit may actually be where it should be but a 5% buff wouldn't hurt then again if your a good healer like my self you don't need to heavily rely on GS its there in case you are not watching your health bar
now i'm the type of life wizard who can pull off an 8 hour stand off with out GS now try if you can picture me with GS and how much longer i can hold you off
now its hard but i play the arena with extreme patience i'm a defensive life wizard not an offensive one meaning i don't hit that hard but i can keep my self healed tell you get sick of playing and leave and when Ki gives us a 5 pip damage over time spell it will be that much sweeter to play my life wizard in pvp but you know what as soon as we get it there will be allot of whining