Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

MarleyBone - Love it or hate it?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 19, 2013
i hate mb because 1: i never get to mooshu because i think it looks cool :2: reaching dr. katzenstein is sooooooooo hard!!! it's because nobody wants to go with me

Survivor
Apr 26, 2011
baighley on Aug 5, 2012 wrote:
I strongly dislike it because it get's very annoying when your trying to get some where. You can't move around without worrying about getting caught so easily.
WHOA! no need to strongly dislike! to avoid being caught in battles, stick to the right or stick to the middle. I supery dupery LOVE Marleybone. I'm am in Mooshu now, where you'll be after marleybone, and all i think about is being back in marleybone. Guess you can always do the side quests there! Marleybone's music, creatures, setting is so awesome! I LOVE IT!

RachelSpellCaster Necromancer

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
In between. I like some of the scenery and stuff (I got the small house from there) and I do some of the side quests there for two reasons: reasonable experience for how hard it is, and it's a nice break from Dragonspyre. What I don't (or didn't) like is that you get pulled into battles often, but around halfway through I figured out how to avoid them: watch how the enemies move. They move in large ovals. Try and walk down the center of those ovals. (Unfortunately this does not work well with the stray sunbirds.) This comes in useful sometimes in Mooshu, but as far as I know, not much in Dragonspyre (I'm only at the Plaza of Conquests) because they are easy to get around- probably because they have so much health. It looks like the next time you will need your Marleybone street skills is Celestia, from what I have seen of it (from helping people there).

Destiny Windgem, level 42

Survivor
Nov 09, 2012
i loved it so much i kind of wished i didn't beat Big Ben

Explorer
Jun 04, 2011
I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. I don't like getting pulled into unnecessary battles (no sidewalks) and also dungeons like Big Ben and the Ironworks were hard and too long. I was under leveled for Marleybone, because at the end of Dragonspyre I was only a level 45.

Emmaline Iceshard
Lvl. 47 Master Thaumaturge

Survivor
Apr 13, 2013
i kinda like marleybone because if you accidentally run into someone, it's easy to get away without fleeing, all you have to do is hit escape on your keyboard, and press quit. then you go to your character and play him. it's almost always gonna work. the reason why i hate it is because it's too hard and there are so many people. i'm lvl 32 and it's still too hard even when i have tempest

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
I guess it if fun with the british peeps but i hate that the kittens are bad guys it is not fair! they are so cute! what sick person goes around killing kitties! oh i know KI thought of animal abuse! i think the bad guys should be rats only! i love the meowiarty minon though! he is so cute!

-Kestrel Stormdreamer

Survivor
Dec 02, 2011
Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
I don't love it ( always night, lack of sidewalks, ect.), but I don't hate it either ( Good puns*, balloon car travel**, well thought out plot, ect.) so I'm in the middle. But if I were to change one thing it would to add a day/night cycle.

*Puns are awesome

** Balloon Car Travel has to be one of the best things in MB. Never skip the ride unless you have to rush back to a dungeon you died in.

-Isaac Goldenriver, level 24

Survivor
Jul 01, 2013
Marleybone is definitely not one of my favorites but I don't hate it.

Fiona Green, Level 28, Life

Survivor
Aug 29, 2010
Survivor
Jun 14, 2013
Ok honestly I like just got to Marleybone and I don't really like it. Here are my points:

1. The streets are way to dark.
2. The marleybone people are so rude. (Not as rude as Wysteria people)
3. It is so hard!!!

Fire rules! xoxoxo

Survivor
May 04, 2013
I don't really like it. So many dungeons. And they all took me a while. And in the dungeons you can get caught in battle a lot. I was helping a friend with kingston park and we didn't even get to the first boss because we kept getting caught it battles. Also when you aren't in dungeons it's still easy to get caught in battles. I was so glad when i was out of there. Though i love the British theme. Also the play on words. Like Sherlock Bones. And instead of his house being 221b bakers street is was 221b barkers street. I"m in Dragonspyre now. At the Crystal Grove in Dragonspyre academy.
Stephanie FireFlame
Level 46 pyromancer as of July 25th, 2013

Survivor
Dec 21, 2010
This is my least favorite places. SO many reasons why.
*Cities are boring
*Enemies with low health beat me up
*Easy to run into enemies
*Rides take too long
*Why would Malistaire set Meowiarty free?
*It doesn't look like magic could even be made though
*Cats and dogs are both fun! Why be enemies?
*Accents kinda scare me

E.C.T.

Olivia Dragon Level 36

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
datyb on Sep 2, 2012 wrote:
Im torn i really dony love or hate marleybone heres why....

Reasons why i like MB

:Accents
:Story
:Easter Eggs
: Sherlock Bones

Reasons why i hate MB

:No sidewalks (One of the biggest reasons)
:Challenge
:Big ben (Took me and my noob friend 1 hour :( )

Overall I give Marleybone a B-

But its still a pretty good world :)
You read my mind

Survivor
May 02, 2010
Marleybone. You hate it, or you love it. I love it because I think it has a shocking resemblelense to England in the 1600's. I am NEVER BORED, because Kensington Park is a fun challenging dungeon to do if I reach a spot I want to post pone. I have isolated secret spots all over marleybone that rarely anyone will go to, which can give a lot of privacy. The storyline is great and is flawless, and getting pulled into battles is over rated (Which could just be me). I have yet to be pulled into more than 10 battles by accident. (Coming from a guy who has done Marleybone 6 times. I think it is a lot more fun if you take a minute to enjoy the scenery and the beauty of how well crafted this world is. Thank you Kingisle for the wonderful world! :) -Kevin TitanRider Level 37 Storm

Explorer
Mar 23, 2013
Well, MB has it annoying moments at times, like being attacked by monsters 24/7. But I love the plot line, easter eggs, and ofc the characters! the dogs look so funny!! another thing I dislike is how they are always talking about how cats are so evil.....

Nora LionThorn

Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
sora2024088 on Feb 14, 2013 wrote:
It reminds me of peter pan.But I love the place.
Peter Pan? I think it's based off a street in London, Marylebone, not Peter pan.. not trying to be mean or anything, I just want to know why you think that, I find it interesting.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2013
I love the graphics. they are the best so far. The English accents are spot on too. I love the way MarleyBone is based off of 18-19th century England. The Sherlock Holmes variation is a nice addition too. I just wish that there were sidewalk. It takes SO long to get to different places in MB without getting into a battled

Katherine Stormbreeze

Survivor
Mar 26, 2013
In MB I feel very vulnerable to mistake fights... yet I usually have no probs with getting caught.
It is just so gloomy and dark... ther should be a time when it is light or dark outside since 4 of my wizards will be entering MB very soon
Fiona Thunderfist lvl 43 wiz

Survivor
Jul 28, 2012
Marly Bone is by far on of the worst worlds

Andrew WaterCrafter- Level 47

Survivor
Dec 09, 2012
my name is marley so of course i love marley bone ;)

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
FireDragonBond on Jul 25, 2013 wrote:
This is my least favorite places. SO many reasons why.
*Cities are boring
*Enemies with low health beat me up
*Easy to run into enemies
*Rides take too long
*Why would Malistaire set Meowiarty free?
*It doesn't look like magic could even be made though
*Cats and dogs are both fun! Why be enemies?
*Accents kinda scare me

E.C.T.

Olivia Dragon Level 36
malistare set him free because they had the thing holding the krokonomicon charmed so anyone who had magic could not open malistare knew he could get meowiarty to open it

Survivor
Jan 06, 2013
I love everything about MB, except the lack of sidewalks. I can be so impatient!
~*~* Olivia DawnBlood Level 33 Diviner ~*~*

Survivor
Nov 08, 2013
SergeantBlueStar on Nov 29, 2012 wrote:
I personally like Marleybone because of the theme, music, and it's just interesting but yes, i don't like the fact that you have to be careful when your crossing the streets. It's a cool world (to me) except the unnecessary battles that you get pulled into. But, you got to keep an eye out on the mob, see how fast their going, what their pace is, then cross or keep going.
now i agree with you.watch their pace every time you walk and if they are too close to you or far away from you.

Cody SkullbreakerLVL 35 Pyromancer