Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

MarleyBone - Love it or hate it?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 13, 2008
It's always been my #1 world, and still is. I fell in love with it before I even entered it, because while I was in Krokotopia I teleported to a friend. The music of that world I still hum to myself all the time. Ahh, the memories....

Survivor
Mar 01, 2010
I don' like the ambience or how walk it is to get somewhere, and the fact that many areas look the same. But I like how Everything fits together and all the dialogue .

Survivor
Mar 01, 2010
I don' like the ambience or how walk it is to get somewhere, and the fact that many areas look the same. But I like how Everything fits together and all the dialogue .

Survivor
Feb 02, 2009
I personally like Marleybone because of the theme, music, and it's just interesting but yes, i don't like the fact that you have to be careful when your crossing the streets. It's a cool world (to me) except the unnecessary battles that you get pulled into. But, you got to keep an eye out on the mob, see how fast their going, what their pace is, then cross or keep going.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2012
Survivor
Jul 28, 2012
MediocreToast on Aug 19, 2012 wrote:
Honestly... I absolutely hate Marleybone

I just don't know exactly, the whole world just looks too gloomy and boring for my taste. Mooshu is more my style, considering the happy, sunny feel. I also hate how easy it is to get pulled into battle so it takes forever to get somewhere.

HATE IT
nice i hate it too

Survivor
Mar 15, 2012
Both really I hate cause it's so annoying just running around and talk and so many dungens and I love it cause the spiral would feel incomplete without it and the music is pretty cool to

Survivor
Nov 17, 2012
Dr Von on Aug 7, 2012 wrote:
I want to like Marleybone~ I really do!

My level 33 Life wizard is there now~ I adore English accents, the industrial revolution, and the cute, little animal characters... I'm always stoked to take a wizard there! But then, I start questing, and my suppressed hatred of Marleybone begins anew.
Me too!My level 33 life is there,in the beginning I loved it but now toward the end I hate it.

Survivor
Apr 20, 2010
I found MB really difficult, due to the fact that it is hard to navigate.

On the other hand, my fav has to be either Avalon (I'm not there yet, but I love Medieval) or Marlybone. Marlybone gave me that break of tombs and no scenery that I waited WEEKS for while in KT. The music is so nice, too! And then, once you beat it and go into the lush green world of Mooshu, just perfect.

Although it wasn't that creative, Big Ben must've been my favorite dungeon. It is so nice to FINALLY get to the Meowiarty fight! (Sorry if I spelled his name wrong)

Overall, it's probably my favorite world, but I haven't seen much of Avalon yet, so who knows? (I'm currently at DS after taking a long break)

Survivor
Jan 19, 2013
hate it. you can't walk without getting stuck on stuff and you get pulled into duels when nobody is even around you.the more you try to stay away from a duel the more you get sucked in.makes it impossible to get anything done!

Survivor
Jul 29, 2012
I dislike marlybone beacuse the most powerfull boss has 4,000 helth

Survivor
Jan 20, 2013
It reminds me of peter pan.But I love the place.

Survivor
Jan 16, 2013
Don't like marleybone. Every street is identical and it's rare to not get caught in a battle. Only thumbs up I give is the storyline.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
terri myth weaver on Feb 1, 2013 wrote:
hate it. you can't walk without getting stuck on stuff and you get pulled into duels when nobody is even around you.the more you try to stay away from a duel the more you get sucked in.makes it impossible to get anything done!
You need to practice patience. I never get sucked into duels because I take my time, watch how/where the mobs move and determine when it's safe to go. Still close to the sides (for the most part), and slow down.
Marleybone's lessons will be needed later on.

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
While the battle-pulling streets may not be my favorite part about MarleyBone, I love the graphics and the whole Great Britain theme. Other than the battling problems, I found the world fairly easy and quite enjoyable. Oh yes, and I do love MarleyBone's night sky, who else agrees on at least that part?
~Shannon Skybreaker

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
IKL626 on Aug 1, 2012 wrote:
This has been on my mind for a while, a question whether people love or hate mb, a believe this'll be quite interesting because it gives people who just finished kt to see the opinions on mb.

I, first time, Loathed it - however now doing it 2 more times I have decided it is my #1 favorite world, the storyline I find interesting and there are a whole load of Easter Eggs.

Now your turn :)

PvP captain Cat and crew

I really like the theme of it. But at times it can get frustrating.

Defender
Apr 08, 2009
I didn't like Marleybone. I just hated getting pulled into battles alot.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Omahaguy1979 on Aug 30, 2012 wrote:
I found MB very boring and annoying how easy I got sucked into battles. Some of the quests were really long walks and puzzles were challenging for how early in the game storyline it was.

There was a good degree of humor though, and the names were more entertaining than any other area of W101 i've been in (but Avalon is very close).

MB is my least favorite world to go to because the quests seem to crawl along very slowly and it's easy to lose track of the storyline with all the side quests. So out of five stars I give MB a 1 out of 5. I recommend all wizards to just speed through as fast as you can...get some quest buddies and rip through. The following worlds have much more to offer, especially grizzleheim after you can enter Hrundle Fjord (wintertusk).

Not really a fan, although it could be worse.

Marleybone has awful quest design - it seems like you're doing a lot of backtracking and this takes time away from main storyline quests.

The music is bland and generic, compared to the music for Krokotopia, Grizzleheim, Avalon, and even wysteria. It's not horrible, just bland.

The world setting is too murky and bland to show the details that made Edwardian London so fascinating. The shop interiors and post offices are nice, the museum is kind of sparse looking, but the city settings are too generic.

Getting around: I find it annoying but accept that sometimes you have a level where you have to be careful where you step, instead of just equipping the largest mount you own and barreling through on your way to Big Ben. This is probably by design, so if you have a lot of unwanted dust-ups on the rooftops, try slowing down and paying attention to where the battle circles appear, and then not walking inside that space.

Fans of getting around quickly will be glad to know that GH/WT are much better about that.

Safe House/Minibosses: They are fun and well-done. If the entire Marleybone underworld were as slick as some of these cats, I'd have a lot more motivation to finish the questing.

Sadly this isn't true of the regular mobs - the cat burglar animations are too jerky and remind me of animals that are suffering from some sort of muscle disorder. It really detracts from the encounter. Yet another reason not to get into any unnecessary fights. This is also true of the wildclaw in the stacks in Wysteria - he twitches like he suffers from a strange disease that makes him emit electrical storms, and it terrifies him more than it harms you.

Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
this is my most favorite area but the area where scritch at at is hard

Survivor
Feb 05, 2013
Hero
Aug 18, 2011
I like the bosses and later dungeons very much. I like the story and style.

I dislike getting about the place, and hate the long tedious "errand boy" side quests.

Explorer
May 14, 2009
I didn't really like it, but it wasn't bad at all.

Explorer
Nov 27, 2011
I love it , but it is a bit hard

Richard FrostBreeze lvl 30 Thaumaturge

Survivor
Apr 12, 2013
I love it. but it is really hard for my storm who is lvl 22. it i because storm students get the least amount of health.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
I love Marleybone!!!!! It is by far my favorite World!! BY FAR!!!I go back there from Dragonspyrw to fight anybody because I love the combat theme!! The only thing is that I don't like how it seems soo hard to solo as Storm!!!!!