Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice... admit it, you are OP...

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I don't like to rant, but when I do, its because something has particularly ticked me off.
Ice is OP. Do not deny you are OP. You can hit more than storm can hit to you, and maintain more resist than any other school. That in my world, is OP.
I just want to answer a few points here: (I am not gonna make them like 30 lines, unless its math-related)

Prisms. "Just use a convert/prism" You have to consider during ranked, we are facing other schools than just simply ice. There are 7 schools, 1 that is a COMPLETE powerhouse. Why should we put converts just for 1 school that we have a CHANCE at facing?
Extraodinary and infallible treasures. So unlike ice, we have to pack extra treasures to get a slightly increased chance at winning, which probably wont even happen. Where is the fairness that storm and fire need to use a few extra treasures along with the treasures that they already use (fireblade, etc) and give up other enchantments like colossal, which play a key role in high level PvP. Also, by the time you set up your attack, they have some type of shield up to resist your spell. (Any ice with common sense knows that at least)
Make an ice. GOOD ONE, HAHA! ...That's beside the point. We just want equality in the PvP arena.
Ice's attacks don't deal much. This is the argument that ALWAYS makes me facepalm. Their blade is 40% (storm has 30%, fire 35%), their global is 35% (storm and fire is 25%) and an ice can deal more damage to a storm than a storm can deal to them.
Here is what I mean:
Ice does a 900 damage woolly.
The storm has 40% resist, supposingly.
Ice has 40% boost, supposingly.
1260, resisted 40%, 756. Not that bad, for a raw woolly mammoth.
Storm has 100% (they can barely hit 100% and 40% resist at the same time, but they get no may casts)
They use a 1000 Wildbolt.
2000 damage with the 100% boost. Ice resists 80%, 400 damage only. Not very fair in my opinion.
It's all skill. So now stats is skill. They barely have to think their deck out to figure out how to beat a storm/fire.
Ice has way to much resist. This is something that is true. Do NOT deny that ice. You can hit immunity to 2 schools AT THE SAME TIME. (Immunity = 100%+ Resist) (Most only have 80 or 90 though)
The gear isn't even that tough, and maintains high universal still!
15% Pet.
Avalon robe, 13% universal and another 13% to fire and storm.
Heartsteel, 5% universal.
Elissa's Chilled Band: 3% universal.
Horned Helmet: 9% Universal, 20% fire and 16% storm.
Level 80+ Prestigious boots: 14% universal.
If not able to get these, there is a pair of boots (I dont remember the name) that gives 7% universal and an extra 8% to fire and storm.
That is 49% universal. And then 85% to fire and 80% to storm. WAY WAY WAY overkill!

Plus with enchantments, you can hit EXTREMELY high numbers for PvP!

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Well well Ronster you just started war lol. Good luck fighting a battle against the now angry op ices.

I agree ice is op. I believe it is possible to have 100 resistance to two schools but the draw back should be barely having any resistance to the rest of the schools. I did some calculating and there is some armor out there that can give death 100% resistance to myth and life. Although the draw backs are lack of block, damage and no resistance to the other schools.

I have spoken to many ice warlords, not one so far has stated ice isn't op. ( Usually they say it is a little op)

I laugh when people say to bring converts because since ice is immune to two of the schools that means they dont need to have shields for those schools. Ice can carry around dream shield, which would counter storm prism, and ice can bring ice shields to counter fire shields. Those shields will protect them from fire and storm along with ice, myth, and life.

So yes ice is a bit op. Although it really is op mainly to storm and fire. I have faced ices against my death and have won. Although they are really hard to kill. :?

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
I don't like to rant, but when I do, its because something has particularly ticked me off.
Ice is OP. Do not deny you are OP. You can hit more than storm can hit to you, and maintain more resist than any other school. That in my world, is OP.
I just want to answer a few points here: (I am not gonna make them like 30 lines, unless its math-related)

I used to complain about Ice too, don't worry, everyone does at some point, but I overcame it quickly, just as soon as I got much more powerful in pvp...

Prisms. "Just use a convert/prism" You have to consider during ranked, we are facing other schools than just simply ice. There are 7 schools, 1 that is a COMPLETE powerhouse. Why should we put converts just for 1 school that we have a CHANCE at facing?

Actually, I have seen Balance wizards with 80+ Storm and Death resist, so Ice isn't the only school. But if you just completely ignore Ice wizards as well, you're not going to have a fun time fighting them, just change your deck from the importance of the threat of each school, if Ice is the biggest threat, make about 35-40% focusing against them, and going all the way to the lowest threat, it works well.

Extraodinary and infallible treasures. So unlike ice, we have to pack extra treasures to get a slightly increased chance at winning, which probably wont even happen. Where is the fairness that storm and fire need to use a few extra treasures along with the treasures that they already use (fireblade, etc) and give up other enchantments like colossal, which play a key role in high level PvP. Also, by the time you set up your attack, they have some type of shield up to resist your spell. (Any ice with common sense knows that at least)

If your main deck is good enough anyways, you don't have to worry about giving up anything by just putting a few treasure cards in your deck (Why not train the real spell? I mean, come on, if you trained Infection, you did it to stop healers, so why not train some spells to stop Ice?) Infallible is a highly needed spell anyways, just as important as Infection/Entangle, so why not train it?

Make an ice. GOOD ONE, HAHA! ...That's beside the point. We just want equality in the PvP arena.

The saying goes: "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em." Try to say that it's not a good idea to the wise man who invented that saying.

Ice's attacks don't deal much. This is the argument that ALWAYS makes me facepalm. Their blade is 40% (storm has 30%, fire 35%), their global is 35% (storm and fire is 25%) and an ice can deal more damage to a storm than a storm can deal to them.

Um, if you haven't heard of Weaknesses, or Enfeeble (I think you're a Storm because you relate to it a lot...), or even an Efreet or Earthquake, then you need to revise your strategy.

Here is what I mean:
Storm has 100% (they can barely hit 100% and 40% resist at the same time, but they get no may casts)
2000 damage with the 100% boost. Ice resists 80%, 400 damage only. Not very fair in my opinion.

You mean to say that you've never carried a convert? And that Storm can't just simply use a Thermic Shield/Enfeeble if the Ice wizard stacks up too many blades? You've got to be kidding me.

It's all skill. So now stats is skill. They barely have to think their deck out to figure out how to beat a storm/fire.

Actually, it is skill. If you've read other people's posts, Fire and Storm wizards have actually defeated Ice wizards, you can't argue with that, you don't just beat the opponent for free. Ice wizards have many things to worry about, a bunch of my Ice friends are harshly struggling to get to Warlord, they're all stuck at Commander because every other school has strategized against them. Also, Ice has to do a whole bunch of crafting quests and craft their entire set of gear, farm the Waterworks for the Life Mastery Amulet, while every other school except Storm can just do Waterworks and get their permanent gear from 1 dungeon, excluding any Rings/Wands/Athames.

Ice has way to much resist. This is something that is true. Do NOT deny that ice. You can hit immunity to 2 schools AT THE SAME TIME. (Immunity = 100%+ Resist) (Most only have 80 or 90 though)
15% Pet.
If not able to get these, there is a pair of boots (I dont remember the name) that gives 7% universal and an extra 8% to fire and storm.
That is 49% universal. And then 85% to fire and 80% to storm. WAY WAY WAY overkill!

Make use of your spells, Infallible and a Prism will easily cut down that resist.

Ice isn't the only school that can train enchantments? So, I see no problem to that reasoning.

My tips:
Just be prepared, and always expect a tough opponent, you mostly fight Ice wizards like that at rank 800+.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
open33 wrote:
What is the point to make another exactly the same post?
You and others said exactly the same thing nothing new ice is hard for storm and fire only.

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/50/45230.ftl
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/52314.ftl
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/51902.ftl
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/51699.ftl
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/51653.ftl

That is because none of the threads addressed any arguements, and just said the basic dumb-durr (As I call it, in other words meaning the obvious) information. The only one that may address something is the 4th, and it's just stating stats and nothing more. This is NOT exactly the same thing.

Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
My least favorite part about this is because you always make good points joujou, darn you. xD
joujou11cool wrote:

I used to complain about Ice too, don't worry, everyone does at some point, but I overcame it quickly, just as soon as I got much more powerful in pvp...

I am trying to fix my deck around... :P It isn't working very well for me XD I do something that beats ice, but loses to another school. Thats my constant problem. lol

Actually, I have seen Balance wizards with 80+ Storm and Death resist, so Ice isn't the only school. But if you just completely ignore Ice wizards as well, you're not going to have a fun time fighting them, just change your deck from the importance of the threat of each school, if Ice is the biggest threat, make about 35-40% focusing against them, and going all the way to the lowest threat, it works well.I tried it, but they always have an ice shield or some kind of shield like a tower, so that would waste my convert...

If your main deck is good enough anyways, you don't have to worry about giving up anything by just putting a few treasure cards in your deck (Why not train the real spell? I mean, come on, if you trained Infection, you did it to stop healers, so why not train some spells to stop Ice?) Infallible is a highly needed spell anyways, just as important as Infection/Entangle, so why not train it?
Because just about everyone in the arena uses some kind of heal. XD I have infallible, but 15% doesnt get very far against 85% resist.

The saying goes: "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em." Try to say that it's not a good idea to the wise man who invented that saying.

I don't follow that saying, its to much effort.. I am to lazy to get a THIRD wizard to 80...

Um, if you haven't heard of Weaknesses, or Enfeeble (I think you're a Storm because you relate to it a lot...), or even an Efreet or Earthquake, then you need to revise your strategy.

I am a fire actually, lol, and I use efreets and I used cloaked weaknesses plentily, but they usually wand those off.. (I don't have steal charm in my deck, as I can't fit it in o.o)

Here is what I mean:

You mean to say that you've never carried a convert? And that Storm can't just simply use a Thermic Shield/Enfeeble if the Ice wizard stacks up too many blades? You've got to be kidding me.
I use shields, but they use angel. XD

Actually, it is skill. If you've read other people's posts, Fire and Storm wizards have actually defeated Ice wizards, you can't argue with that, you don't just beat the opponent for free. Ice wizards have many things to worry about, a bunch of my Ice friends are harshly struggling to get to Warlord, they're all stuck at Commander because every other school has strategized against them. Also, Ice has to do a whole bunch of crafting quests and craft their entire set of gear, farm the Waterworks for the Life Mastery Amulet, while every other school except Storm can just do Waterworks and get their permanent gear from 1 dungeon, excluding any Rings/Wands/Athames.
Stats = Skills. Ok. XD (I have a legendary artisan already, and working on a second.) And do not tell me to go back to the waterworks. I have done that dungeon at least 100 times. O_O (Not exaggerating, for my boots, then my brother gets them on his first try -_-)

15% Pet.

Make use of your spells, Infallible and a Prism will easily cut down that resist.
I use infallible, they still deal little damage with 2 blades on an efreet. And also, with prisms, they shield by then, and infallible, shields block it off by then. I try linking, but they shield like crazy. LOL

Ice isn't the only school that can train enchantments? So, I see no problem to that reasoning.

My tips:
Just be prepared, and always expect a tough opponent, you mostly fight Ice wizards like that at rank 800+.

I train enchantments also, but I am saying to those that think ice spells are weak that they aren't. I try being prepared, I have been in practice figuring out a deck for 3+ weeks, I am slowly getting there. (Beat a warlord fire, a sergeant ice (With 87 resist! Woot! But she had to go when she was at 800 health, so I can't really count that as a win...D: ) Got any extra advice? ;) :P

Survivor
Jun 15, 2010
What I will say is, Ronster55.... Admit it, you are just complaining to much. I have a way of beating them, if it really bothers you that much. (Athough you said it yourself, every match isn't against Ice)

1.) Well EVERY Ice doesnt resist 100% to Storm and Fire, jsut like every match you wont win. On average, the have 70% to around 83% resist to Storm and/or Fire. So that means all you have to do is fill half of you Tc deck with Ice shields to stack up, costing Zero Pips. Blade trap and whatever else you would do to build power. By that time you should have mostly power pips 10 -14 pips. Shatter ( you don't need myth mastery to shatter) and then use Efreet, Storm Owl, whatever your school is. Then repeat. If you can't do that, unless you devolp another strategy for Defeating them, just suffer a few losses, whatever. Remember that Pvp is only 30 -50% of the game at MOST. Remember that now.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2010
All I have to say is.. enough. People really need to stop complaining about Ice because they are not OP, the game was made so that every school was equal. Each school has their strengths and weaknesses, you just have to figure out how to make the best of your school to compete against the others, so just stop complaining! So many other people have said the same things I'm saying right now, but it just not seem to be sinking it.

There are strategies on how to beat an Ice opponent, you just have to figure them out. That's the whole point to the PvP part of the game (and not just there, but throughout the game!), to make a strategy on how to beat that person! So instead of complaining to KI when they aren't going to change it in anyway because it is already fine just the way it is, go out there and test your strategies. I bet if you keep going and figuring out the correct way, you'll for sure beat an Ice wizard, you've just got to find the right way to.

Happy Dueling,
Destiny NightGem - Lvl 21 Thaumaturge

Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
heartsteel and elissa chill band? ice have 48% ppc with those and horrible heals in

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
ice is not op it takes an extremely long time its weak get bad accuracy and pip chance half the time block is too from trying to fix those other 2 things and it uses tc blades like everyone else just to get power infall blade up and convert right before you hit and be done with it if their fist shatter the shields they play then be done with them try stacking 3 feints on them too and piercing for 40% anything you do can basically kill them they don't really try that hard to defend their defense but shielding i haven't seen an ice fortify in for ever either.Heck even spamming converts till they loose track how many they have on will work.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
What I fail to understand is why it is not considered overpowered for a school to in effect NATURALLY have a 70-100% shield from 2 other schools all the time. Yes you can beat them, so? Why should 2 schools have such a high strategic disadvantage at the onset? How is this fair, how is this balanced, how is this not overpowered?

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
Snowyandspots on Aug 2, 2012 wrote:
Well well Ronster you just started war lol. Good luck fighting a battle against the now angry op ices.

I agree ice is op. I believe it is possible to have 100 resistance to two schools but the draw back should be barely having any resistance to the rest of the schools. I did some calculating and there is some armor out there that can give death 100% resistance to myth and life. Although the draw backs are lack of block, damage and no resistance to the other schools.

I have spoken to many ice warlords, not one so far has stated ice isn't op. ( Usually they say it is a little op)

I laugh when people say to bring converts because since ice is immune to two of the schools that means they dont need to have shields for those schools. Ice can carry around dream shield, which would counter storm prism, and ice can bring ice shields to counter fire shields. Those shields will protect them from fire and storm along with ice, myth, and life.

So yes ice is a bit op. Although it really is op mainly to storm and fire. I have faced ices against my death and have won. Although they are really hard to kill. :?
If I were to be asked if Ice was OP, I would say "I don't know" (I'm an Ice Private, FYI - I only do practice PVP, defeating the adept and magus wizards trying to beat up an apprentice or initiate).

Justin Goldrider - Level 70 Ice (resist isn't very high IMO, 23% global)
Jeremy Jade - Level 38 Life

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Rony The Turtle on Aug 1, 2012 wrote:

Here is what I mean:
15% Pet.

Im guessing this is based on PvP because ice is in no way OP in PvE.
And in PvP if you have a good deck set up and great resist/Stats it will be easy to look over powered.

Your example above will work in any school with the same spells used so you really cannot base the statement on that. I agree ice has alot of resist gear and health but that is what they are supposed to have because they are used as a tank class.

This is at least the 2nd thread ive seen saying ice is OP but i have yet to see anything in game that will make me agree.

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
Us fire and storm warlords follow by this little "code of conduct" when it comes to battling ice in PvP. Don't complain, just do it. Do it is all. Let that sentence just float in your mind for a while, ponder upon a bit. It'll actually completely change your mindset in PvP. Am I saying ice's power shouldn't be addressed a bit? Nope. Am I saying it bothers me much? Nope. Is it achievable to still beat ice in PvP? That's a yes.

Just do it.

Explorer
May 14, 2009
Haha, this is why I quit my storm a little bit ago and made an ice wizard.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Well, i am not a fan of the gear, resist and health but they are impossible to beat. In PvP, me and my life friend beat a level 90 ice puppet team so they are not all impossible. (I pierced his resist down) So, i somewhat agree with you and somewhat disagree.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Yes ice is op.

But, their are ways to beat them:

1. I know this sounds weird, but, Death Mastery. Virulent plagues make great combo with enfeeble, plus you can doom right after you use all your pips on that bladed attack. Sacrifice is your new satyr, infection and doom is your new entangle, and as an added bonus, if you go first, you can beguile with a power pip and a white pip. Also weakness also stacks with the plagues. Storm with Death mastery works.

2. Dont waste time. people keep saying that its much easier to beat them with one huge hit, but its not. Your sirens, which would be your main attack once you already stunned with storm lord, inflicts major damage (1500 with a storm blade and an infallible) AND takes away two of their blades. Multiple Sirens in doom keeps you safe, along with a couple of virulent plagues.

Blake BattleHunter, Promothean Diviner Warlord