Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Minion do's and don'ts

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 24, 2012
My storm wizard was just given a minion. If someone can give me some strategy tips............does he shield me and I do the work? Do I shield him and he throws the spells? Should I be ready for whichever way he wants to play it? With some hints that work for you I can go practice.

Thanks
Suri Stormcatcher

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
quilteddawg63 wrote:
My storm wizard was just given a minion. If someone can give me some strategy tips............does he shield me and I do the work? Do I shield him and he throws the spells? Should I be ready for whichever way he wants to play it? With some hints that work for you I can go practice.

Thanks
Suri Stormcatcher

Honestly, don't even put it in your deck. The storm minion is pretty much useless. He does not heal you, he heals himself. He taunts, which I guess can be handy.
Here are his limited spells:
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Minion:Water_Elemental

Survivor
Jun 08, 2012
if your minion is throwing hit spells you want to shield him if you don't he will get defeated and he will take all the hits

Explorer
Aug 01, 2009
Your stOrmwizard will love your minion forever.

It has elemental shield, sprite, and taunt.

Normally it will shield you and / or it then sprite you guys and use taunt to make the enemies attack it.

The minion has saved my storm soloing in dragonspyre many times XD

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
As a lower level, your best bet is to just use blades on yourself, no traps, when a minion is around. Because trust me, they will find some way to use your traps lol. Or, you could just buff your minion and let him do the killing. However, when you get to a higher level, I suggest kicking him out of your deck. Minions really like to shield themselves, blade your non-storm friends and use your traps.

Keira Silverthief- lvl 80 myth archmage

Explorer
Aug 01, 2009
RavenLady777 wrote:
quilteddawg63 wrote:

Thanks
Suri Stormcatcher

Honestly, don't even put it in your deck. The storm minion is pretty much useless. He does not heal you, he heals himself. He taunts, which I guess can be handy.
Here are his limited spells:
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Minion:Water_Elemental

Who he heals is random, but he'll heal anyone in the battle.

-----------

On another note, why do you all not like the storm minion? XD
I never really used him until I started having to solo in dragonspyre and I plan to use him to help me to solo the labrinth again to get the obsidian chest :)
(first time I did it with 3 others XD)

Personally, my minion is smart enough to shield me and heal me often, he saved my rear during the boss battle in puromancer's tomb, and he's doesn't even cost many pips, I can send him out first turn even. XD

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
azont wrote:
Minions really like to shield themselves, blade your non-storm friends and use your traps.

Keira Silverthief- lvl 80 myth archmage

The Water Elemental does none of those things. It will shield itself, but it will quite often shield others with Elemental Shields as well.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2012
"Minions really like to use your traps. "

If you want your minion to be attacked so you're not attacked, then you kind of want it to use your traps. The more damage your minion does, the more likely your enemies will attack it instead of you.

"does he shield me and I do the work? Do I shield him and he throws the spells?"

I've never played a storm wizard, but the storm wizard minion looks like it tries to get enemies to attack it instead of you, then puts shields on itself. I don't think it has any attacks. So you cast the minion and, hopefully, it taunts enemies so they attack it while you attack your enemies. If it gets hurt a lot you might have to help it with a sprite or something, but it should be able to take care of itself.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
I have Spectral Minion, and from what I have found the Storm Minion can be fairly useful.

It has 700 health, and the spells Elemental Shield, Spirit Armor, Sprite, Storm Trap, and Taunt.

Storm has the least amount of health and the highest amount of damage, so the Storm Minion can fit into your strategy pretty well. You see, with his shields, healing, and taunt, he can take a the heat from the enemies (using taunt to make them focus, and Spirit Armor to defend) while occasionally healing you, using Storm Trap, etc. This way, your minion takes most of the hits, while you build up pips and strike.

Defender
May 19, 2012
The storm minion never casts any attack spells of any kind. He only shields, heals, and taunts, and if he does his job well, can be the difference between your wizard staying alive through the entire battle or not. I solo'd the game on my storm up to Celestia (I haven't started Celestia on her yet). I find that if I can pull the minion out early in the battle, and if the minion does his job well, the battle goes a whole lot smoother than not having the minion up at all.

You can sort of trigger the minion's moves by what actions you take in the battle. Oh, and someone said the minion only knows elemental blade, sprite, and taunt, but the minion also knows absorb.

There will be times the minion will stand there just playing with it's fairy as it spams sprite over and over again, and gets really annoying when you're standing there taking a beating from the monsters and close to death. For the most part, if the minion will shield itself, cast sprite on itself once or twice, then cast a taunt, that minion can withstand quite a beating from the monsters...as long as he continues to shield and heal himself.

If he changes his focus to you or anyone else in the battle, it may be to his own undoing. As long as he stays focused on himself and keeps the monsters taunted, you don't have a worry in the world...just keep building up your attacks and have at the monsters. :)