Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mean people in Waterworks.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 17, 2009
Me and my friend were farming the Waterworks with just me and him. We had done some runs together so we knew we could handle it. We were doing great and I left to get some health. When I got back to the sigil I said "Please do not come in, I have a dungeon is progress." Of course at the last second someone came on, but I left in time, I said "Please dont join." He replied with "OK sry." I tried again and the same thing happened. I said once again "Please dont join."
Next try, he joined and got me, I was annoyed now, and I couldnt go back to my friend. I said "That was mean, please stop." He said "No I can do whatever I want." I went out and just kept on trying.
After I said for the last time "Please dont join me." He then said a bad word and reported ME for language two times. Then my friend ported (who died) and asked why he was being rude. Then the guy called my friend a bad word and reported my friend for language. I reported him for being mean.
He said there was no reason to report him. I was mad then. I decided to tell my friend to leave and I will follow.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
This has been a problem with these types of instances since they were introduced. Apparently KI has no way to fix it so when you re-enter you are back where you were and the offender is in his/her own instance. It has been asked for repeatedly and nothing was done.

As for the reporting - if the claim jumper did use curse words to you then they in effect reported their self, as KI looks over the chat log around the report. Mean-ness I not a reportable offense, in effect you made a false report, you should of reported the swearing. Again when KI sees the chat log they will probably see that anyway and understand your report.

In the end these people are just out to ruin the game for you, you have to figure out how not to let them, it's the biggest challenge in the game. People who regularly farm Waterworks have this happen to them too. In the end the person doing it has to know you are not going though there with them, they probably don't plan on doing it either, so it's very clear they just want to reset your progress.

Some people are not happy until others are not..

Defender
May 03, 2009
Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
Changing realms is the right thing to do for a situation in the commons, or something, but if you change realms after dying in the waterworks, you cant go back in, So there isnt much to do if this happens. What I do is go to the least crowded server/area i can find, and then i start asking my friends. Hope this solved the problem. :)

Explorer
Feb 25, 2012
i dont have text chat (i am under 18 :? ) but what i would do is change to a realm that is empty and tell your friend to go to that realm again and the meanie wont know where you went! problem solved!

gabriel ashleaf

Survivor
Nov 04, 2010
I deal with people like that almost everyday. Not just in the game, but in real life. It happens to everyone. Some people get enjoyment out of being mean to others. You just have to understand that most of the time they don't mean it. They usually have had something bad happen to them so they feel they should not be the only one un-happy. In the game, I would suggest just going to a different realm and starting again with your friend. Also, if someone says a bad word, either ignore them or report them.

-Blaze {Balance}

Survivor
May 27, 2009
Elite Warrior on Jul 31, 2012 wrote:
Me and my friend were farming the Waterworks with just me and him. We had done some runs together so we knew we could handle it. We were doing great and I left to get some health. When I got back to the sigil I said "Please do not come in, I have a dungeon is progress." Of course at the last second someone came on, but I left in time, I said "Please dont join." He replied with "OK sry." I tried again and the same thing happened. I said once again "Please dont join."
Next try, he joined and got me, I was annoyed now, and I couldnt go back to my friend. I said "That was mean, please stop." He said "No I can do whatever I want." I went out and just kept on trying.
After I said for the last time "Please dont join me." He then said a bad word and reported ME for language two times. Then my friend ported (who died) and asked why he was being rude. Then the guy called my friend a bad word and reported my friend for language. I reported him for being mean.
He said there was no reason to report him. I was mad then. I decided to tell my friend to leave and I will follow.
What I don't understand is, how were you in Waterworks if you have an Intiate wizard?
Oh by the way, the best thing you can do in a situation like that is either ignore or report them, i'd do both.

~Madeline Summer and Papayas

Survivor
Nov 04, 2010
Drooly2345 on Nov 2, 2012 wrote:
What I don't understand is, how were you in Waterworks if you have an Intiate wizard?
Oh by the way, the best thing you can do in a situation like that is either ignore or report them, i'd do both.

~Madeline Summer and Papayas
Just explaining this to you. The label "Intiate" is just for how much you post.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
If you try changing realms, you will not be able to get back into your battle that you already started. you would have to do it over again. I would try restarting it, switch to an empty realm before going in, then do it.