Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are hybrids possible?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 09, 2011
Hello. I'm a 56 Death and have a wraith pet. I've hatched it with a helephant several times and only gotten a wraith back, not a hybrid. However, once the person with the helephant got a death oni hybrid. Is there anything wrong with this?

Connor Wildpants Level 56 Necromancer :)

Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
When you hatch a wraith and a helephant, there's a chance that you could get your wraith or the hybrid. So, if you really want the hybrid you should keep hatching and maybe you'll get some luck! :-)

Survivor
Apr 09, 2011
Well, thanks on that. I got a nightwalker by hatching with one and don't need an archfiend anymore, but I may stop playing now. Oh, the irony of it all.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
hazetrain wrote:
Hello. I'm a 56 Death and have a wraith pet. I've hatched it with a helephant several times and only gotten a wraith back, not a hybrid. However, once the person with the helephant got a death oni hybrid. Is there anything wrong with this?

Connor Wildpants Level 56 Necromancer :)

there is a chance for you wraith to hybrid with the other lvl 48 pets
so yes your method will work eventually
its all chance

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
hazetrain wrote:
Well, thanks on that. I got a nightwalker by hatching with one and don't need an archfiend anymore, but I may stop playing now. Oh, the irony of it all.

I think we all get tired of the "chance to get". I haven't taken a break in the game but I do need one. Currently I have been deleting and redoing just the first few worlds, no pressure on a wizard that really doesn't need to be the best yet. I am tired of all the "you may get this" that it gets boring actually.

For now I have pretty much back burner-ed pets and training them since I have too many wasted hours on that, crafting past one wizard on each account, which I am done with since I don't craft past Celestia and garden only for the fun of it, not dependent on what they drop.

It all just starts to get disappointing to come up empty on too many areas. Call me a quitter, call me a whiner, call me what ever you want but my way is a lot less stressful for me and more like the game I originally joined.

Explorer
Oct 03, 2009
Anyone know what the exact chances are of getting an ice hound. I am getting sick of getting the same pet when getting an ice hound should be definite not chanced