Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I am utterly astonished.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 01, 2008
So with the Knights Lore pack, and the announcement it had been fixed so now it would drop Deer knight, I go onto my secondary account that has plenty of crowns from the sale. I gifted my death wizard on my main account 50 hoards and didnt receive one spell. I am utterly shocked, I not only was not granted any worthful items, but I feel jipped. Was the glitch fixed, or just made worse?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
sickk wrote:
So with the Knights Lore pack, and the announcement it had been fixed so now it would drop Deer knight, I go onto my secondary account that has plenty of crowns from the sale. I gifted my death wizard on my main account 50 hoards and didnt receive one spell. I am utterly shocked, I not only was not granted any worthful items, but I feel jipped. Was the glitch fixed, or just made worse?

The glitch was that instead of awarding Deer Knight, some players were getting duplicates of Catalan or Fomori. You are not suppose to get duplicate spells like that. They fixed the glitch where players would now receive Deer Knight instead of duplicates. They are also giving players who received any spell, the Deer Knight spell even if they didn't get duplicates.

They did not increase the chances or guarentee you will receive a Deer Knight spell. You could theoratically go 100 packs without getting a spell.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
sickk wrote:

No glitch here...there is a CHANCE you will get a spell. You could buy thousands without getting one. It's entirely random. Just like everything else in all the packs available.

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
kingurz wrote:
sickk wrote:

The glitch was that instead of awarding Deer Knight, some players were getting duplicates of Catalan or Fomori. You are not suppose to get duplicate spells like that. They fixed the glitch where players would now receive Deer Knight instead of duplicates. They are also giving players who received any spell, the Deer Knight spell even if they didn't get duplicates.

They did not increase the chances or guarentee you will receive a Deer Knight spell. You could theoratically go 100 packs without getting a spell.

So if you received ANY spell from knight's lore pack you get the deer knight spell no matter what? when is this happening?

Survivor
Jan 24, 2010
See im confused myself because he said that we would be getting deer knight spell if we got any of them regardless and i got Catalan on my death in an attempt to get deer knight a day prior to his post.. will that mean that i will get deer knight?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
mp3patrick wrote:
kingurz wrote:
sickk wrote:

So if you received ANY spell from knight's lore pack you get the deer knight spell no matter what? when is this happening?

Yes, that's how I interpret the official announcement:

"To remedy this situation, we are going to give this last spell, The Deer Knight, to ANYONE who received either of the other two spell cards – whether you should have gotten the Deer Knight, or not."

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/52498.ftl

However, you must have received those other spells before the announcement (30 Jul). If you received Catalan/Fomori after that date, the above doesn't apply. Also, the free Deer Knight spells were stated to take a week (or two). It wasn't immediate, so if you qualify you should be receiving soon.