Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Curious Pet Question

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
I have been on/off playing for a few years with my daughters - they have recently 'aged' enough to really participate in W101 and are enjoying it a great deal.. Ala - Dad and girls play almost every day in the evenings now.

Somewhere along the line a year or 2 ago (I really don't recall?) I somehow ended up with a Friendly Dragon being either gifted or given to me. (I wasn't a paying member at the time, and was rarely on). I just recall logging in, getting a popup or something, and poof! I have this neat Friendly Dragon.

Which is very cool! I am seeing (now that I have gotten back into the game with my girls) that this pet is very fortunate - a 'Friendly Dragon' with a %51 (10) as an Adult currently.

My question is; How the heck did I get this little guy (Was there some promotion sometime back for them and I just so happened to have logged in on the 'right' day), and also - his stripes that he has, those will not follow over to other pets once I finally hatch something with him, is that correct?

In general - how long would it take through normal hatching of just dragons, to have one with such decent stats as this (minus the stripes)? (How much work did I luckily bypass?)

What sort of critters should I look to hatch with to get 'different' pets, or a higher chance of something different with this guy? (Is there like a 'hatching' chart somewhere I can look to see what others have already gotten from combinations?

Thanks ahead for any responses/insight you can give me!