Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Repetition, especially Marleybone

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 18, 2012
Been trying to run my third wizard in the most efficient manner. making sure to get all quests, etc. I must say though, that the need to go to ironworks 3 times just for streetsweepers, not counting the crates, or the original quest to get Pops is very taxing on one's patience.

I realize that it is not necessary to do all the side quests, but odds are most people do try to complete a whole zone. better level going into next zone, chance of gear, etc. Is it truly necessary to send us to Ironworks 3 times to kill the same mob type? As far as i have been able to tell, you cannot get the quests at the same time to knock them out in one run.

This game is very very good. I realize that "kill 10 rats" is a part of these type games, but at least let me gt all the quests together if I have to "kill 10 rats" 3 times in the same zone.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
pathelas69 wrote:
Been trying to run my third wizard in the most efficient manner. making sure to get all quests, etc. I must say though, that the need to go to ironworks 3 times just for streetsweepers, not counting the crates, or the original quest to get Pops is very taxing on one's patience.

I realize that it is not necessary to do all the side quests, but odds are most people do try to complete a whole zone. better level going into next zone, chance of gear, etc. Is it truly necessary to send us to Ironworks 3 times to kill the same mob type? As far as i have been able to tell, you cannot get the quests at the same time to knock them out in one run.

This game is very very good. I realize that "kill 10 rats" is a part of these type games, but at least let me gt all the quests together if I have to "kill 10 rats" 3 times in the same zone.

Well you said it yourself: those are side quests.
Some side quests can be run at the same time, but not this one since you need access to the Ironworks before the side quests are available.
That's kind of the price you pay if you choose to do every single quest.
Sometimes I do, most not so much. :)

Survivor
Jan 10, 2012
Now that I'm doing Marleybone for the second time, I try to time the quests just right. So if I need 5 thieves, I usually wait until I get a side quest that asks for the same thing.

I love w101, don't get me wrong, but the "get 3 pieces of cloths from the trolls" quests, where not all the trolls give you what you want, drive me crazy! I am so unlucky when it comes to those

Survivor
Aug 22, 2009
For the sweepers, you can fight them on another street that has them instead of in ironworks. This will count for battling the sweepers in Ironworks. I have done this for three wizards now, so it cuts down on having to visit it so many times! Hope this helps!