Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Olympic theme

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 29, 2009
I wish W101 would have done something in honor of the Olympics. Instead of country vs country maybe school vs school...just an example. I was talking about more of an Olympic theme. They do holidays and done stuff in the past for memorial day and our armed forces (don't get me wrong, I totally agree with that) but the Olympics is special in its own right too and should be celebrated. I just think that of all the games I and my family play that Wizard101 is the most logical one to do this. I'm sure that there are some aspiring athlete wizards out there that would love it plus it could be fun or they could do some sort of country vs country since w101 is now in so many. They could have certain goals, quest, and/or points that can be achieved then post the results on the main website seeing how actually competing against one another could be a bit hard to do. I know the whole computation part may not be realistic but the creative staff is amazing and I'm sure they could come up with something. W101 keep this in mind for the next Olympics.

What do you think?

Defender
May 21, 2011
Darric wrote:
I wish W101 would have done something in honor of the Olympics. Instead of country vs country maybe school vs school...just an example. I was talking about more of an Olympic theme. They do holidays and done stuff in the past for memorial day and our armed forces (don't get me wrong, I totally agree with that) but the Olympics is special in its own right too and should be celebrated. I just think that of all the games I and my family play that Wizard101 is the most logical one to do this. I'm sure that there are some aspiring athlete wizards out there that would love it plus it could be fun or they could do some sort of country vs country since w101 is now in so many. They could have certain goals, quest, and/or points that can be achieved then post the results on the main website seeing how actually competing against one another could be a bit hard to do. I know the whole computation part may not be realistic but the creative staff is amazing and I'm sure they could come up with something. W101 keep this in mind for the next Olympics.

What do you think?

nice idea, but i still think kingsisle should try get wizard101 pvp into the Olympic games ( in real life) although i doubt that will happen ..... i astill believe they can try. i rest my case.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
Defender
Jan 09, 2009
danik101 wrote:
What about the world tournament in Wysteria?

You only get to compete in that ONCE, and it is easy for those wizards who are a bit higher up in the level department.

sydneypixie wrote:
Darric wrote:

What do you think?

nice idea, but i still think kingsisle should try get wizard101 pvp into the Olympic games ( in real life) although i doubt that will happen ..... i astill believe they can try. i rest my case.

I totally agree with this! I would most likely not get any golds, BUT I WOULD TOTALLY TRYOUT FOR THIS!!! Who else would be rooting for the Fire school?

Defender
Aug 07, 2011
Survivor
Jul 07, 2012
sydneypixie wrote:
Darric wrote:

What do you think?

Do you mean like as an Olympic Sport? That wouldnt work. It isnt a sport. Although they could try to get it into MLG like WoW and StarCraft

Defender
Jul 28, 2009
Darric wrote:

What do you think?

I like that idea allot :D

Destiny DeathBlade
Level 58 Myth

Defender
May 21, 2011
HydroXX7 wrote:
sydneypixie wrote:
Darric wrote:

What do you think?

Do you mean like as an Olympic Sport? That wouldnt work. It isnt a sport. Although they could try to get it into MLG like WoW and StarCraft

lol it was just a jk because at the dinner table my mom was saying they where trying to get games like modern warfare and COD into the olympics :P but think about it, there could be a massive screen and you battle. if i went up against any of my friends ..........

and its a sport .... for your fingers :D

Explorer
Apr 02, 2011
Defender
May 21, 2011
GrammyH wrote:
I'm so glad they didn't. I can't think of anything more boring.

only your opinion. you must hate sport.

i had an idea for this, on the next olympics, if they do do this, i reckon they should make costumes for the last 2 olympics and that one (so londom and beijing) but the mascots, i would so much them :) then you cant get them anymore, only the latest olympics costumes. but because this didnt happen in the last two i reckon it should have them, and the 2004 ones would be too hard to make, same with 2000 and 1996. plus you dont want too many. i would love to dress as the mascots :D

i would like a professor to have a look at this and read the comments :P

Survivor
Aug 29, 2009
No I wasn't talking about actually trying to get it into the Olympics but rather a W101 version of the Olympics.

Thanks everyone who replied to my post.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
Darric wrote:

What do you think?

This happened in Wysteria, man. Go there, do the world

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
:P I am thinking of making a wizard(on a free acct) to get people and Oregonian a tournament from my house. I get people to set up private PvP matches and then get others to watch and keep track when everyone's done we go to someone's house and repeat the process. :P Yes this can be done and we slowly eliminate people till you have one single match. It would be similar to the tournament for the Spiral Cup (I call it the Spiral Games) except you don't have any advantage. And there would be fair matches at the start, too! Who knows? It may come to an archmage and a transcended

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
You can still have Olympic themed events within Wizard101. All it takes is an imaginative player to set it up and spread the word via Wizard101.com or Wizard101Central. We don't need KI to "make it."

Would make for a great community event.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Darric wrote:

What do you think?

new pvp prize items maybe?
new outfits?
idk

Survivor
Dec 16, 2009
I think that it would be really cool if W101 had olympics every four years. a different world could host it every time (this dosn't mean that you can't compete against other wizards, because in real olympics people from the same country can be in the same event). There could be some really creative sports like spell damage, accuracy and resistance competitions, pet and mount racing, even some form of tennis or soccer (except it would be played with an enchanted ball or something). As far as Wysteria goes, it is for lower level players and only consists of dueling, in addition to this the competitors were mostly students and there was no audience watching you compete.