Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

"Overlord"

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 03, 2011
I have heard allot of people keep on going, "Hey, I have an overlord myth," "over lord" "overlord life" "i got to over lord for chain stunning" well i' just like to tell you people that there is NO such thing as "overlord rank" why is there no badge for it? because it doesn't exist. why is there no over lord rank? because it is just a made up rank used to make someone feel better that they wasted all those battles to try to get to 1000 rank. Warlord is as high as you can go and that's final. All you people who say, "Oh, I'm over lord, so i can kick your but," well I have GS so i don't care if you can or not. I just see you as another warlord waiting to loose rank. Getting to "over lord" os not an achievement in any way. If there was and "over lord" it would be 2000 or maybe even 5000 to be REASONABLE. When you get to "over lord" you can't get any opponents at archmage but if you if you buy your way to "over lord" (low level pvp) then you could end up fighting an archmage who is resistant to your dirty fighting style. I just see it as another way to loose everything. Get to warlord got 1000 points wait what you want more? well look at you Mr. I'm going to conquer and defeat every single player cause i'm practicing for my tyrranical rule of wizard101 to completely dominate everyone and make them bow down to my pvp skills since I study the fine art of buying whatever i want cause I have no friends to party/hang out with because the world is my enemy and i have so much free time that after i got to warlord i didn't want to stop there so i completely forgot about getting friends on wizards just so that i could get higher points for no reason so that i could get a fake rank that comes with an invisible badge that doesn't exist so now i just farm on my higher wizard and never quest on him because i just want to get high ranking pet so that i can transfer it to my smaller wizard which is the same school for reasons i have no idea why but maybe it's just because i stink at pvp on my higher wizard so that's why i play it on my smaller wizard trying to get a fake rank. MAN, you have a long last name. Over lord is not a rank and it probably never will be . if you can get yourself over lord it just means that you have so much free time but you dont have that many friends to party with. so i hope you can stop being blinded and face the facts. Over lord is just a thing to make you feel better. getting 100 points after 900 is no different than 100 after 800. if you want to congradulate yourself, get to 2000 points instead of bragging that you wasted time after you got to the highest rank attainable.

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
Note- Please use better grammer, punctuation, and capitalization in you next post so people can better understand you.

Back on topic- well... what did I just read? A rant about an imaginary rank? You described 'Overlords' as friendless people with nothing better to do in life. And then I think you said something about you training and being better or something. My friends list of Commanders, Warlords, and Overlords beg to differ on my 1300-1400 rank Life :) I hate when people with high rank get demonized. It's like a stereotype that all people with high ranks are insecure lonely people that feed their ego by bragging about their rank. Considering you were talking without the proper experience you wouldn't know there is a clear difference between going from 700-800 and 900-1000. Once you get into the Warlord tier it's a big step and you have to show that you can go further without getting crushed.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
dodgeballking wrote:
I have heard allot of people keep on going, "Hey, I have an overlord myth," "over lord" "overlord life" "i got to over lord for chain stunning" well i' just like to tell you people that there is NO such thing as "overlord rank" why is there no badge for it? because it doesn't exist. why is there no over lord rank? because it is just a made up rank used to make someone feel better that they wasted all those battles to try to get to 1000 rank. Warlord is as high as you can go and that's final. All you people who say, "Oh, I'm over lord, so i can kick your but," well I have GS so i don't care if you can or not. I just see you as another warlord waiting to loose rank. Getting to "over lord" os not an achievement in any way. If there was and "over lord" it would be 2000 or maybe even 5000 to be REASONABLE. When you get to "over lord" you can't get any opponents at archmage but if you if you buy your way to "over lord" (low level pvp) then you could end up fighting an archmage who is resistant to your dirty fighting style. I just see it as another way to loose everything. Get to warlord got 1000 points wait what you want more? well look at you Mr. I'm going to conquer and defeat every single player cause i'm practicing for my tyrranical rule of wizard101 to completely dominate everyone and make them bow down to my pvp skills since I study the fine art of buying whatever i want cause I have no friends to party/hang out with because the world is my enemy and i have so much free time that after i got to warlord i didn't want to stop there so i completely forgot about getting friends on wizards just so that i could get higher points for no reason so that i could get a fake rank that comes with an invisible badge that doesn't exist so now i just farm on my higher wizard and never quest on him because i just want to get high ranking pet so that i can transfer it to my smaller wizard which is the same school for reasons i have no idea why but maybe it's just because i stink at pvp on my higher wizard so that's why i play it on my smaller wizard trying to get a fake rank. MAN, you have a long last name. Over lord is not a rank and it probably never will be . if you can get yourself over lord it just means that you have so much free time but you dont have that many friends to party with. so i hope you can stop being blinded and face the facts. Over lord is just a thing to make you feel better. getting 100 points after 900 is no different than 100 after 800. if you want to congradulate yourself, get to 2000 points instead of bragging that you wasted time after you got to the highest rank attainable.

First let me start off by saying please don't use a block of text to convey your message. It is kinda annoying to read that way and harder to skim. Cut it into chunks to make it an easy read for someone.

Number two I don't see why you are on a rant here. Is there something you are trying to prove because this seems more like I met obnoxious people who happen to have a rank over 1000. Over lord is a term used to say you have gotten beyond 1000 points. Personally I respect the Overlords who have earned those points fairly because one, they don't quit pvp because they are afraid of losing there rank when first reaching warlord.

As of right now Warlord is the highest rank in the game, maybe in the near future when Kings Isle does make that update to pvp they have said they are "working on" then there could be a higher rank or maybe warlord will still be the highest rank.

For the record there are Overlords out there who don't play dirty. The ones who do I find very annoying. Puppet teaming is probably the worst one, but there is also other ways to play dirty, but I am not going to get into them.

Um so next time you go into a rant you might want to post it elsewhere since this sound more like a bullying problem them an actual pvp problem. So yea good luck with pvp.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I believe it use to be a rank. Until a certain point where they took it out. Someone correct me if I am wrong. But either way, why are you ranking over a word? Its just 1 word people use to be proud... If you don't like the person saying them, *ignore* problem solved! People do it for "bragging rights" and arena tickets also.

Explorer
Jul 14, 2009
I am not really sure how to respond to this rant because I never knew people could get so worked up about something so little.

Defender
May 29, 2011
I'm not really sure what the problem is. Its just one word people sort of made up, and its fine geez. Why are you so worked up?

I think you posted this out of anger

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
Apparently, I'm not the one who's ranting.

1. Sorry for the bad grammar, but I wrote this when I was sleep deprived.

2. It's not a rant, because i dont seem to be using any hateful language used against them.

3. I find it that if someone is and "overlord" I respect them until they start to brag about the rank. And of course I ignore them and walk away! Why would I be so stupid to rant on a game because they were bragging.

4. In case you haven't noticed, you're the ones ranting.

5. Usually, when i meet "overlords" like the ones I described here, they have no friends. If I do meet one like this that have friends, they usually both have the same cocky attitude and act as if they rule pvp (which they say most of the time)

6. If you think you can just think you can walk in here and defend these people who probably dont even care about you then maybe you should just get off of these forums if you are going to act like a 5 year old.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Going past rank 1000 is fine, and no, me and my 'overlord' friends aren't mean, and second, we're never usually alone. We pvp a lot, which is basically all we do, and we also talk while doing it. Sometimes doing an activity is hanging out with your friends, just saying.

And, also, have you ever heard the saying: Don't trip over the finish line? My friend said that once you reach rank 3000 that your rank will restart, well, I'm going for that, and I'm kind of (Kind of as in a little more then 1200), and many of my friends are, because I really want to know the truth, but, yeah, overlord isn't a rank, and I never really used that term before, but most warlords do.

Just saying though, if you've passed rank 1000 by doing just 1v1's, you have skill. PvP isn't about showing off, it's about gaining experience, making new friends, having fun, getting better, being frustrated, and most importantly, the ranks They really keep you going if you gain/lose ranks. Well, that's all I can really say, because I don't know what else to say, cya!

Defender
Jan 08, 2010
Lucario450 wrote:
Note- Please use better grammer, punctuation, and capitalization in you next post so people can better understand you.

Back on topic- well... what did I just read? A rant about an imaginary rank? You described 'Overlords' as friendless people with nothing better to do in life. And then I think you said something about you training and being better or something. My friends list of Commanders, Warlords, and Overlords beg to differ on my 1300-1400 rank Life :) I hate when people with high rank get demonized. It's like a stereotype that all people with high ranks are insecure lonely people that feed their ego by bragging about their rank. Considering you were talking without the proper experience you wouldn't know there is a clear difference between going from 700-800 and 900-1000. Once you get into the Warlord tier it's a big step and you have to show that you can go further without getting crushed.

I have an archmage life with rank of 2346. And i hardly ever play now. I go to soccer practice at 9 in the morning three days of the week for to hours (monday wednsday and friday mornings) then i practice on wednsday and sunday afternoons for to hours. AND i have gone to 6 parties in 2 weeks. So dont you dare accuse me of having no life. And fyi, when you become a warlord (which i doubt you will) i guarentee you will keep ranking, you will get the hunger for more and wanting to prove that you are stronger. And btw i am a legendary crafter and i crafted boots athame and ring for my life and a deck and some gear. And it took me a YEAR!!!!!!! to get my pet to have proof defy sprite and mc tower shield and what took me so long was trying to get those stats on an ianthine hound which i finally did. So if you think your better then me (which thats what i got out of your huge rant) then fight me, i dare you.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
dodgeballking wrote:

2. It's not a rant, because i dont seem to be using any hateful language used against them.

3. I find it that if someone is and "overlord" I respect them until they start to brag about the rank. And of course I ignore them and walk away! Why would I be so stupid to rant on a game because they were bragging.

5. Usually, when i meet "overlords" like the ones I described here, they have no friends. If I do meet one like this that have friends, they usually both have the same cocky attitude and act as if they rule pvp (which they say most of the time)

6. If you think you can just think you can walk in here and defend these people who probably dont even care about you then maybe you should just get off of these forums if you are going to act like a 5 year old.

Rude? Calling them no lifes and stereotyping overlords? Acting like 5 year old? Look who is talking, you are ranting.

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
Ambrose122 wrote:
Lucario450 wrote:

I have an archmage life with rank of 2346. And i hardly ever play now. I go to soccer practice at 9 in the morning three days of the week for to hours (monday wednsday and friday mornings) then i practice on wednsday and sunday afternoons for to hours. AND i have gone to 6 parties in 2 weeks. So dont you dare accuse me of having no life. And fyi, when you become a warlord (which i doubt you will) i guarentee you will keep ranking, you will get the hunger for more and wanting to prove that you are stronger. And btw i am a legendary crafter and i crafted boots athame and ring for my life and a deck and some gear. And it took me a YEAR!!!!!!! to get my pet to have proof defy sprite and mc tower shield and what took me so long was trying to get those stats on an ianthine hound which i finally did. So if you think your better then me (which thats what i got out of your huge rant) then fight me, i dare you.
xD I sure hope you accidentally quoted me instead of the guy that is basing his post off of stereotypes and pure hate. I respect your rank ( I 1v1 almost exclusively and I'm lucky to find a match nowadays -.-) and I know how hard it is to get a Pvp worthy pet and gear.

Defender
May 29, 2011
dodgeballking wrote:

I dont really know what your problem is, but if anyone is acting like a 5 year old its you. No offense.

Were not really ranting.

Honestly, what did you expect people to say?

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
Ambrose122 wrote:
Lucario450 wrote:

lol i have no idea who you are talking to. But, if you are talking to me, then i will say this. I have gotten to warlord and I find it just as simple to get to warlord as it is to get to commander. I never said you had no life, and this is only a response to the people who brag about it and think that just because they got there that you stand no chance, which even a monkey cn see it written in the first few sentences. However, if your post wasn't a reply to me, then I apologize for the behavior towards you, but I just find it annoying at how arrogant some people can be as they do not read my posts entirely.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2011
I like to read message boreds and i happen to see this one and i have a few things to say.One who are YOU to say that the pvp badge overlord isnt a badge and who are YOU to judge people who believe in the overlord badge i for one think that there is a overlord badge and people have very right to think that if they wish and it makes sense to believe that only because clearly if you pvp and hit 1000 you arent a warlord anymore.Warlord is 900.Period.If you hit 1000 your a warlord just because there is no offical badge for it that doesnt mean anything.Besides based on your commet i say your just jealouse because your prolly not a warlord nor overlord. :]

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
Once again, nobody is even reading my posts. I was talking about the ones who are BRAGGING in the arena who is saying that just because they are at the overlord rank that they can beat everyone, in which they say most of the time. I was stating that they have no friends online for multiple reasons:

1. They are rude and think they rule pvp so nobody really wants to hang out with them. Unless they are both overlord.

2. They have no time for friends because they are doing nonstop pvp.

3. They just don't want to make friends

Now what about me acting like a 5 year old? Hmm, lets see here. Accusing me of calling ALL overlords evil friendless tyrants. Now now, don't cry if you are an overlord and you are reading this but for your information, those hateful words were for the people who are always bragging and usually after they win they try to rub it in your face. It wasn't adressed to all overlords as even a monkey can see it. Now this is to devinesofine: who am I to judge if it is a badge or not? Well then, I happen to be a master of badges and I know every attainable badge and how you get them. Out of the list of all the badges there happens to be none adressed as overlord. But this next message is to the sir named joujou11cool. I never said that going over 1000 rank is fine. In fact I respect them UNTIL they start bragging about their rank and start to say that they rule pvp (which they seriously do say). This one is to the people in general. I'm the one ranting? Says the people insulting me in every way calling me ranting about something so little as pvp. How am I the one ranting when I am simply stating that that overlord is not a rank and that you should not be bragging about it saying that you can rule over everyone. I did not put any exlamation points in there which indicates that it is a statement not an exlamation. A rant would have exlamations, mine is just a statement. Before you go and personally attack someone in which you dont even know who they are you should do a little research instead of acting like you are one with personal expierience. If you have not seen any people like this, then I am sorry if you were offended but it was not dedicated to you people. I would usually find people like this all over who just brag and insult anyone with a lower rank than them. And for your information everyone, I too, am a warlord. Get to know people before you decide if they are good or bad.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
I still don't get the reason why this was posted. It's more of a statement saying some people are jerks. All games will have jerks and braggers so thats just how it is. We have an ignore button for a reason. :D

Defender
Jan 08, 2010
Lucario450 wrote:
Ambrose122 wrote:
Lucario450 wrote:

xD I sure hope you accidentally quoted me instead of the guy that is basing his post off of stereotypes and pure hate. I respect your rank ( I 1v1 almost exclusively and I'm lucky to find a match nowadays -.-) and I know how hard it is to get a Pvp worthy pet and gear.

Agreed. I just hate how people just take one overlord and just say oh if two or three act like jerks they all do. It just ticks me off. Some of us actually know how hard it is. It takes a lot to get this rank. Why do you think we created 'overlord'. And FYI to everyone out there if you dont know this, it just means you are OVER warlord, thus the name 'overlord'.