Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Did I just falsely report?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
So I was in olde town on my lvl 80 talking to a lower lvl wizard. He was bothering me about taking him to a pagoda to lvl up. I told him he should be doing it the old fashioned way and fighting bosses. After this went on for a while, he said he was going to continue bothering me until I took him. I said "Ok?" (I was bored and had nothing to do, this little convo was the most interesting part of my day. I could continue saying no forever) He then said, "If you dont take me I will hunt you down and kill you irl" (irl= in real life) I immediatly reported him for threatening me. Now I'm not sure if I was allowed to. Is this an acceptable report?

Also, on another note. I was just curious about this. Lets say you make an account when your 17 and you have filtered chat, would you be able to get open chat in a year? This doesnt have anything to do with me actually, I was just thinking about it.

Administrator
Your report was valid. We appreciate that our players want to make Wizard City the best it can be, and we've placed the tools in your hand to report players for inappropriate behavior.

We ask that you use the reporting feature to identify truly egregious behavior, such as creative profanity (swearing around the filters), solicitation of usernames/passwords, predatory threats, racist comments and other such actions as outlined in the Terms of Use. The old story of “the kid that cried wolf” has a lot of bearing in this situation and we trust that all reports received by players are valid and require support intervention.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Jul 28, 2009
azont wrote:
So I was in olde town on my lvl 80 talking to a lower lvl wizard. He was bothering me about taking him to a pagoda to lvl up. I told him he should be doing it the old fashioned way and fighting bosses. After this went on for a while, he said he was going to continue bothering me until I took him. I said "Ok?" (I was bored and had nothing to do, this little convo was the most interesting part of my day. I could continue saying no forever) He then said, "If you dont take me I will hunt you down and kill you irl" (irl= in real life) I immediatly reported him for threatening me. Now I'm not sure if I was allowed to. Is this an acceptable report?

Also, on another note. I was just curious about this. Lets say you make an account when your 17 and you have filtered chat, would you be able to get open chat in a year? This doesnt have anything to do with me actually, I was just thinking about it.
Yea it was valid good job you might of taken another trouble maker from the spiral :D

Defender
Aug 07, 2011
I agree. Good job. Reportable and rather alarming. We know it's empty talk but can you imagine a young kid getting this or anyone naive. They'd be scared to bits.

Regarding racist comments, I wanted to report one the other day but wasn't sure if it came to that. I saw one kid call their black friend oreo which is a racist term to call someone black on the outside and white on the inside. They didn't seem to mind but I certainly did. But I didn't report it because I wasn't sure if it was one of the terms that could be reported especially since they could claim they were talking about the cookie (even though it wasn't in context). I was on a black character at the time too. Is there any way of knowing what terms we can report and what we cannot. I really wanted to report that but because I wasn't sure if I could so I didn't rather than risk the false report.

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
I would say its called common sense . Honestly an oreo could have meant anything,My goodness the name oreo is even a pet name option.

Defender
Aug 07, 2011
fireproof1111 on Oct 29, 2012 wrote:
I would say its called common sense . Honestly an oreo could have meant anything,My goodness the name oreo is even a pet name option.
Um look again. The pet option is Orio. Big, huge difference. With all due respect, you weren't there. In the context, no it couldn't. Lucky you not being versed in racist slang that was obviously racist in the way it was used when I saw it.

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
If i have a friend and he likes to eat ereo cookies if i want to call him oreo i will an i dont care what color his skin is. Some people are pretty good with how they talk to each other so stay out of peoples business ladies.

Also to clarify human beings are pink an red on the inside .......what planet you from!

I think alot of you need to let the policing up to the monitors and stop complaining an play the game....................Or dont.

Defender
Aug 07, 2011
fireproof1111 on Oct 30, 2012 wrote:
If i have a friend and he likes to eat ereo cookies if i want to call him oreo i will an i dont care what color his skin is. Some people are pretty good with how they talk to each other so stay out of peoples business ladies.

Also to clarify human beings are pink an red on the inside .......what planet you from!

I think alot of you need to let the policing up to the monitors and stop complaining an play the game....................Or dont.
Again, you weren't there. Also, your attitude is rather callous to history. You're being awfully defensive about the use of a racist slang and I think there must be a reason why.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2012
i support grammy here is a definition of "oreo"

oreo. racist slang

1. a person of african american skin color who
behaves like a person of white skin color.

u see fireproof grammy had every right to report he/she and thats the end of it

Survivor
Nov 03, 2012
Professor Greyrose on Jul 29, 2012 wrote:
Your report was valid. We appreciate that our players want to make Wizard City the best it can be, and we've placed the tools in your hand to report players for inappropriate behavior.

We ask that you use the reporting feature to identify truly egregious behavior, such as creative profanity (swearing around the filters), solicitation of usernames/passwords, predatory threats, racist comments and other such actions as outlined in the Terms of Use. The old story of “the kid that cried wolf” has a lot of bearing in this situation and we trust that all reports received by players are valid and require support intervention.
Professor Greyrose (or other "blue" Wizards),

Would reporting instances of bullying be valid? One day I was in The Commons, and saw a group of people bullying one Wizard. I did not think about reporting each of the Wizards who were bullying this young lady, as I did not want my account (and others in my house) negatively affected by this. I know that bullying is a far too common occurrence all over the world (both cyber-bullying and real-life bullying), and I just want to know if I should report this in the future, should I ever happen to see it again.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Meganium12 on Nov 7, 2012 wrote:
i support grammy here is a definition of "oreo"

oreo. racist slang

1. a person of african american skin color who
behaves like a person of white skin color.

u see fireproof grammy had every right to report he/she and thats the end of it
Thats hilarious because i eat oreo cookies all the time i guess i should report people that call me oreo for eating my cookies. As the post states the other person did not mind the comment (maybe its their nickname) so that is the end of the story i believe people should stay out of others business unless there is a reason to be involved.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
LissaB77 on Nov 21, 2012 wrote:
Professor Greyrose (or other "blue" Wizards),

Would reporting instances of bullying be valid? One day I was in The Commons, and saw a group of people bullying one Wizard. I did not think about reporting each of the Wizards who were bullying this young lady, as I did not want my account (and others in my house) negatively affected by this. I know that bullying is a far too common occurrence all over the world (both cyber-bullying and real-life bullying), and I just want to know if I should report this in the future, should I ever happen to see it again.
Hey, Lissa~ you may want to read this post by Zeke:https://www.wizard101.com/forum/messageBoard/listPosts/game/28843

What I understand from that post is that bullying is only reportable if it involves a ToU (terms of use) violation, like profanity or hate-speech (racist/sexist/homophobic slurs). Name-calling and otherwise "being mean" are not reportable and may result in sanctions against your account.

cheers,
-von

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
Guys this thread is like 4 months old. Let it go.
Some people are just instigaters .
First off the person that was called the name should be the reporter and since it seems they didnt mind the term it wasnt vulger or racist to them, Hence it may have been an innocent nickname. As always someone took it out of context in game.
Oreo is not a racist term unless stated to be a racist term so end of story let it go!