Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Something's Wrong with the Wooden Chests :(

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 13, 2009
Hey guys, my fire is in Krokotopia and in the Vault of Ice and she saw multiple wooden chests. When she opened them, she never recieved anything. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem?

Explorer
Apr 05, 2012
This has happened to myself and my sister.
The solution is to log out, shut down the game and start it up again.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Coolkc456 wrote:
Hey guys, my fire is in Krokotopia and in the Vault of Ice and she saw multiple wooden chests. When she opened them, she never recieved anything. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem?

You received gold. The display just didn't show it. It happens. It's a glitch.
When you opened the chest, you heard a "bloop" sound, yes?
That means you received something.
You'll have to go into your character screen each time to see how much gold you've gotten.
Happily, this little glitch corrects itself pretty fast.

Defender
May 24, 2012
Never experienced that. Sometimes the drop shows on the screen and I don't get a ding, or vice/versa, but I always get some gold.

Delver
Apr 11, 2012
not me, but i might know why your character didn't receive anything.
the wooden chest might just be empty.

it's like this: you open up a box and there's nothing inside. is that unusual? the answer is no and boxes can be empty, think of it that way.

Miranda ThunderGem (life)

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
Just try logging out then back in. It should be fixed

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Galaxyl0l wrote:
not me, but i might know why your character didn't receive anything.
the wooden chest might just be empty.

it's like this: you open up a box and there's nothing inside. is that unusual? the answer is no and boxes can be empty, think of it that way.

Miranda ThunderGem (life)

There are no empty wooden chests in the spiral.

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
Ugh, that bloop sound happens to me when I finish battles sometimes and it gets so annoying. I actually have to look in my backpack to see what I got. I really do hope KI can fix this soon.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
I've had the same problem on my Legendary character in Celestia. Open a chest, i don't receive anything. I had the same problem when defeating Syslter in the Waterworks. No drops, not even gold, but just experience. Anyone else having problems in the Waterworks?

-Lenora Nightstone, Legendary Theurgist

Defender
May 19, 2012
Sometimes it just doesn't post the message on the screen. I have had this happen numerous times, but if I open my chat box, it shows the gold I received in a message there.

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
KN1GHT69 wrote:
Ugh, that bloop sound happens to me when I finish battles sometimes and it gets so annoying. I actually have to look in my backpack to see what I got. I really do hope KI can fix this soon.

All you have to do is press the "enter" button on your keyboard, and it will show you what you got in your chat-log.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
leporter wrote:
I've had the same problem on my Legendary character in Celestia. Open a chest, i don't receive anything. I had the same problem when defeating Syslter in the Waterworks. No drops, not even gold, but just experience. Anyone else having problems in the Waterworks?

-Lenora Nightstone, Legendary Theurgist

Hey there~ sounds like you're at max gold and your bank/backpack are full. When this is the case, you will no longer receive item rewards from quests, so selling stuff should fix it.

Good luck!
-veebz

(the archmage of awesomeness)

Survivor
May 27, 2012
This has happened to me before when i was opening wooden and silver chests and collecting black lotus flowers. Just do what vollans said and its fixed. Although i'm not sure i ever got my rewards :(