Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mc Donalds sponsors wizard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 27, 2013
MarvelDoctorDoom on Jul 28, 2012 wrote:
I had this idea of Mc Donalds sponsoring wizard101. For ever purchase of a Happy meal you get a random wizard101 code on the box. I thought a purchase of a happy meal would be a good idea since a lot of kids play this game.
No. For the sake of everything good in this world, NO!

Survivor
Feb 05, 2013
Hmm... I like the idea of toys, but McDonalds? Not so sure.

Survivor
Mar 13, 2010
I guess that could work.. maybe?

Alyssa Fairyheart
Level 80

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
In terms of marketing exposure(getting the game more face time), It would work. McDonalds has a lot of customers each day and a lot of them are kids. I can't tell you how many times I walked down to my local restaurant and saw about.. 6 families at the very least and their kids had happy meals. Sure it wouldn't go over well with the current wizarding community but lets face it, there's a possibility that anyone who bought a happy meal would want to try the game out. And it wouldn't necessarily be an all-the-time deal. It wouldn't last in the happy meal more than a month due to the fact that McDonald's constantly changes what kind of toys and stuff are in the happy meal with the food. If KI does attempt this, it would be purely marketing most likely, and not because they support a certain restaurant more than others.

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
Joshua Starflame on Jun 11, 2013 wrote:
In terms of marketing exposure(getting the game more face time), It would work. McDonalds has a lot of customers each day and a lot of them are kids. I can't tell you how many times I walked down to my local restaurant and saw about.. 6 families at the very least and their kids had happy meals. Sure it wouldn't go over well with the current wizarding community but lets face it, there's a possibility that anyone who bought a happy meal would want to try the game out. And it wouldn't necessarily be an all-the-time deal. It wouldn't last in the happy meal more than a month due to the fact that McDonald's constantly changes what kind of toys and stuff are in the happy meal with the food. If KI does attempt this, it would be purely marketing most likely, and not because they support a certain restaurant more than others.
They wont use McDonalds because its fried, unhealthy food. as long as its promoting something good, and ki benifits keeping the game online longer i am happy with it.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2011
KOblivion on Jun 15, 2013 wrote:
They wont use McDonalds because its fried, unhealthy food. as long as its promoting something good, and ki benifits keeping the game online longer i am happy with it.
McDonalds has apples In their kids meals! So you can't say that it is all fried and unhealthy. McDonalds and Kingsisle can say Headmaster Ambrose eats apples everyday or something like that. Something that will get people to eat the more healthy part of a kids meal. Although, I look forward to Wizard101 toys. It will get more people playing wizard101 and buying memberships. Plus, McDonalds are everywhere.

Elizabeth Dragonheart

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
KOblivion on Jun 15, 2013 wrote:
Sir you missed the point of what I said. In terms of marketing, the food itself has no meaning. If KI Marketing deemed it a good idea, it wouldn't be because the food is unhealthy/healthy, it wouldn't be because users protested against it on Wizard101. It would be because they thought they could get new, paying users into the game. As stated previously, the facetime of the game itself matters, the food the place sells does not. I'm not disagreeing with you that McDonalds isn't healthy, I agree on that point(doesn't stop me from eating there but I agree), but KI wouldn't be looking at healthy food, just how much facetime it could give Wizard101, how many new customers it could get, and how much it would cost in terms to get the advertisements via the place they choose.

Defender
Nov 15, 2008
Maybe the code should only be one of three things: brave hound, ianthine hound, or heckound super stats?

I am matthew wyrmblade lvl 82

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
matthew wyrmblade on Jun 17, 2013 wrote:
Maybe the code should only be one of three things: brave hound, ianthine hound, or heckound super stats?

I am matthew wyrmblade lvl 82
Actually that might be a better idea than random codes that give low random amounts of money/crowns. and it would bring back more customers and people attempting to play wizard101 because they want the other hound TCs.

Survivor
Jan 14, 2012
That would be funny. I'd be good for me because I'm getting codes. LOL.