Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mc Donalds sponsors wizard101

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 09, 2011
Rony The Turtle on Oct 17, 2012 wrote:
Sorry, but please please please, ANYWHERE but McDonalds. The last thing I want Wizard101 do is promoting obesity. (Sorry McD's, but when you serve 1000+ calorie meals, it's true.) How about we do this with... Idk. Some place other than McD's, it's not a good idea to promote unhealthy food generally... Especially in these times in America.
I agree and disagree with this comment. McD's is indeed a fattening and unhealthy source of food, but i believe the creator of this idea said McDonald's simply because it is the most famous fast food place of all of them. I mean, i've seen way more McDonald's commercials then Wendy's or Arby's.

Defender
Jul 11, 2011
Just Add Bacon on Oct 30, 2012 wrote:
I agree and disagree with this comment. McD's is indeed a fattening and unhealthy source of food, but i believe the creator of this idea said McDonald's simply because it is the most famous fast food place of all of them. I mean, i've seen way more McDonald's commercials then Wendy's or Arby's.
Turtles are cool
And yeah, it is pretty famous and well fed me for a while, LOL
Maybe KFC sorry getting off topic but anyways
Yeah

Defender
Mar 09, 2011
sarah230804 on Oct 31, 2012 wrote:
Turtles are cool
And yeah, it is pretty famous and well fed me for a while, LOL
Maybe KFC sorry getting off topic but anyways
Yeah
No, turtles are epic.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
I generally don't agree. First off: Happy Meal Box Wands. Second: Well, this just doesn't seem right. Wizard101 promoting billion-callorie meals? No thanks.

Sorry, I disagree.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
robotdino123 on Oct 15, 2012 wrote:
You are right. McDonalds kinda disturbs me. And then every body would have something rare from the code and then that item would not be rare any more.
Who said anything about rare? It could be something like gold or just one crown.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
Kyle Life Caster on Oct 14, 2012 wrote:
ok that was rude of you i think its a good idea but also add wizard101 toys
Like wands? Maybe every week they give out a part of a basic wand that comes together to form a wand. I saw 2 weeks a wand for 5 wands.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
bionaknight on Nov 11, 2012 wrote:
I generally don't agree. First off: Happy Meal Box Wands. Second: Well, this just doesn't seem right. Wizard101 promoting billion-callorie meals? No thanks.

Sorry, I disagree.
You can disagree and I will be off with the agreers partying if we can get McDonald's to do so. I don't know how much these codes would give. Certainly not rare Items. Common pets, a little gold, a crown(1 or 2 tops for crowns), a holiday themed housing item, maybe if your lucky.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2011
Sorry, but please please please, ANYWHERE but McDonalds. The last thing I want Wizard101 do is promoting obesity. (Sorry McD's, but when you serve 1000+ calorie meals, it's true.) How about we do this with... Idk. Some place other than McD's, it's not a good idea to promote unhealthy food generally... Especially in these times in America.
I agree. They should hold a fitness activity, or hold something at child awareness thing. Like, if Subway held a "Run for the Spiral" or something like that. It could be a weekly camp that has prizes which are Wizard/Pirate101 themed. The way this kind of thing could work is that they could hold activities that limit a certain amount (kinda like waiting in line to play a game(s) at an arcade or something) of children. With participation and winners, participants could be awarded "Crowns" that work on an event-special points card. This method could work by having an ATM sort of thing that grants or takes points (grants points for event participation; takes points for when you buy something). The bottom of the prize(s) rank could be a code for maximum potion or something like that. The top of the ranks could be limited edition bundle (like the game cards), but with a whole bunch of stuff. It would take a lot of points to get that! When the entire event is over (which could last a week, or a period of days), all of the remaining Crowns go to your KingsIsle accounts, but you only get half. Like, let's say a kid got 40,000 crowns. He buys stuff with the crowns. He has 10,000 left. 5,000 will go to his KingsIsle account, and the other half goes to KI, or wherever Crowns go. You get emailed the code for whatever you bought with the Crowns.For an awareness thing, KI can participate at restaurants with a Charity Donation thing. You get this card that grants you stuff for every donation of a certain amount of money or higher. The card has twenty-five Crown Signs. You give the person by the donations thing your email, so (s)he can email you a code for a promotional item on a KingsIsle game. He/She will ask what game you want it for (Note: can't pick both). When you get all the signs scratched off, you get an awesome prize. Then, you start on another one that has fifty crown signs. Some signs grant you Crowns (e.g. Crown Sign number 20 out of 50 gives 3000 Crowns or a month of membership; the person will ask you whether you want crowns or membership). If you chose membership, the person will then ask what game you want it for. At fifty, you get a Companion/house/pet/weapon/etc for Pirate101 (a very awesome, limited edition, powerful, and unique item) or a weapon/pet/house/etc. for Wizard101. That wouldn't be the end of your donations adventure! After you fill out the second card, you will be entered into a huge raffle for 100,000 crowns (or something very awesome) for the rest of the event! Like, you fill out the second card; you will get entered into the raffle every day until the event is over. The winner will be so happy.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2011
Oh yeah to add to my other post, Ronald McDonald (or a magic crown from burger king or the star from carls or a green train from subway or the girl from wendys or apple from applebees etc) should come out on wizard101 and have him fight your wizard using attacks like burger bear or fries monster or hotdog snake or cookie monster (no not from sesame street or maybe if we could add him too) or magic voodoo of the magical cursed taco. Cool attacks for restuarants oh and forgot one for subway: magic green train that runs ya over ok the end

Survivor
Jun 24, 2009
Kyle Life Caster on Oct 16, 2012 wrote:
What you are so wrong.mcdonalds it's so awesome !i still think wizard101 should be a McDonald's toy and give a free code
Clearly you haven't seen Supersize Me

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
I'm sorry, but those of you thinking that this is advertising obesity, that kind of made me laugh. Okay, so from your information, if I were to buy a kids meal, I'd suddenly be fat? Well, I've never heard from ANYWHERE that a kids meal, which is like, what, a cheeseburger? I've never heard a kids meal making a kid fat, it's not like you're buying a huge 20 burger combo.

Also, to those of you that don't like KI advertising, well, guess what? There's already TV commercials and famous website advertisements.

My third point why this isn't a bad idea is because the parent still has the choice of bringing their child to McDonald's, it's not like the kid is going to run away from home just to get a code for a housing item. Really, think more before you post, this is a KIDS MEAL, not a big mac.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2010
By the name of the Spiral, having that foul daemon supporting our game is blasphemy! And unless this unholy clown can be defeated to avenge the millions of victims he has fattened, he should not appear in this game! His presence would taint the Spiral more than Morganthe and Malistaire combined!

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
BluJewel on Oct 13, 2012 wrote:
Ha,ha,haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........ no.
Obviously nice..... NOT.
Why not? Its good.

Survivor
May 10, 2010
robotdino123 on Oct 15, 2012 wrote:
You are right. McDonalds kinda disturbs me. And then every body would have something rare from the code and then that item would not be rare any more.
It doesn't have to be a rare item. It could be just an average item, or at least a collectable, without any power-ups and such.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2012
Why? There are loads of reasons that some people said.

I do not eat at that place. I can tell that only a little boy or girl would get a happy meal.
Second, I think it would be a bad idea to sell that. Buying a happy meal just for a code would get people ... fat ...
There are more reasons to point out.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2011
MarvelDoctorDoom on Jul 28, 2012 wrote:
I had this idea of Mc Donalds sponsoring wizard101. For ever purchase of a Happy meal you get a random wizard101 code on the box. I thought a purchase of a happy meal would be a good idea since a lot of kids play this game.
I honestly think this is a GREAT idea. It's a really good promotional item that could get more people the play the game, and who would want to miss out on a awesome game like Wizard101? But maybe it could be a healthier fast food place, or well, at least a better sanatized one. I understand why you would want it to be there, because of happy meals and such, but maybe like Chick Fa La or just anything besides McDonalds.
And for the people who think that this will only lead people to obesity, it's a happy meal, and i'm POSTIVE parents wouldn't let their kids get more than one at a time, sure maybe the kid will wanna go there more, but it's not like he's gonna eat it constantly over and over, i'm sure parents wouldn't approve of that.

Explorer
Nov 04, 2012
oooh toys r us toys with a diffrent card that had a code on it for each one

Explorer
Nov 04, 2012
i think its a good and bad idea bad idea because lets say a forty year old man buys a happy meal just so he can post the code online and good because F Y I they are having to lower fat content because the first lady says so and also the kids would just have real fun playing with there lets say... cyclops or humungo frog

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
I kinda agree.......Maybe Subway since i think they have better choices and people go there?

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
I agree with all the people that don't want to have the game sponsored by McDonalds. . . though many of us remember the days when a happy meal toy was a special treat once in a while - sadly that is no longer the connotation that fast food has for most of the population. I think that the more recent obesity awareness campaigns have branded nearly all fast food as poison and I think it would be a bad PR move for Wizards to associate themselves with all of that.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
BluJewel on Oct 13, 2012 wrote:
Ha,ha,haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........ no.
My reaction exactly!
But really, 'Mc Donalds' getting paid by kingsisle to sponser their game? Not everyone even plays wizard101. Tons of problems to that. I, Well, I, why would KI do that?

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
Many of you are beside the point here. Whether you have bad or good opinions about Mc. Donald's isn't relevant. The purpose of this is whether or not this would be a good marketing angle for Wizard 101. I personally believe that it wouldn't be the greatest place to advertise, not because of Mc. Donald's, but rather because the game is rated E10+ and many of the people who buy kids meals at Mc. Donald's are below the age of 10.

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Delver
Sep 27, 2009
Idony09 on Oct 27, 2012 wrote:
Cute idea. And for those saying not McDs cause it would promote obesity, isn't sitting in front of the computer all day playing a game doing the same thing? Just saying

Ellie
Not always. Your saying we dont do anything else. I love art,piano, and kickball. I love getting exercise too. Besides, it was just an opinion.

Delver
Sep 27, 2009
suncaster72 on Nov 21, 2012 wrote:
Oh yeah to add to my other post, Ronald McDonald (or a magic crown from burger king or the star from carls or a green train from subway or the girl from wendys or apple from applebees etc) should come out on wizard101 and have him fight your wizard using attacks like burger bear or fries monster or hotdog snake or cookie monster (no not from sesame street or maybe if we could add him too) or magic voodoo of the magical cursed taco. Cool attacks for restuarants oh and forgot one for subway: magic green train that runs ya over ok the end
I disagree with the idea, but it is a cool idea for people who like fast food. Thats a good idea its just it should be with a healthier resturant.