Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mc Donalds sponsors wizard101

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 10, 2012
I had this idea of Mc Donalds sponsoring wizard101. For ever purchase of a Happy meal you get a random wizard101 code on the box. I thought a purchase of a happy meal would be a good idea since a lot of kids play this game.

Explorer
May 09, 2011
Ha,ha,haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........ no.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
It is a fantastic marketing idea.

But I generally dislike marketing ideas. Billboards, pop-up adds, flyers, commercials, telemarketers. I understand their value, but I don't like them. And can just imagine the coupons for free junk to entice new players that is useless to anybody past level 10. I'm a very negative cynical person when it comes to commercial advertising.

Survivor
Jul 07, 2012
BluJewel on Oct 13, 2012 wrote:
ok that was rude of you i think its a good idea but also add wizard101 toys

Delver
Sep 27, 2009
You are right. McDonalds kinda disturbs me. And then every body would have something rare from the code and then that item would not be rare any more.

Survivor
Jul 07, 2012
robotdino123 on Oct 15, 2012 wrote:
You are right. McDonalds kinda disturbs me. And then every body would have something rare from the code and then that item would not be rare any more.
What you are so wrong.mcdonalds it's so awesome !i still think wizard101 should be a McDonald's toy and give a free code

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Kyle Life Caster on Oct 16, 2012 wrote:
What you are so wrong.mcdonalds it's so awesome !i still think wizard101 should be a McDonald's toy and give a free code
The poster is not 'wrong,' they simply have a different opinion than yours. McDonald's is not awesome at all, though the original idea of the Happy Meal toys would be fun, I don't see any free codes happening simply due to possible duplication and other issues.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Sorry, but please please please, ANYWHERE but McDonalds. The last thing I want Wizard101 do is promoting obesity. (Sorry McD's, but when you serve 1000+ calorie meals, it's true.) How about we do this with... Idk. Some place other than McD's, it's not a good idea to promote unhealthy food generally... Especially in these times in America.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Rony The Turtle on Oct 17, 2012 wrote:
Sorry, but please please please, ANYWHERE but McDonalds. The last thing I want Wizard101 do is promoting obesity. (Sorry McD's, but when you serve 1000+ calorie meals, it's true.) How about we do this with... Idk. Some place other than McD's, it's not a good idea to promote unhealthy food generally... Especially in these times in America.
Lol, maybe some Sports shop or whatever? :P Or a different restaurant that serves healthy food.

Defender
Aug 07, 2011
Um, no. One reason I'm glad to pay for this game is no ads in it. Let's keep it that way. No company I love; no company I hate, no ads period. I'm not paying for a game that's sponsored by anyone. Point blank. KI does this (and I frankly don't think they're stupid enough to) and I end my three subs and go play something else.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Blaze Duskdreamer on Oct 19, 2012 wrote:
Um, no. One reason I'm glad to pay for this game is no ads in it. Let's keep it that way. No company I love; no company I hate, no ads period. I'm not paying for a game that's sponsored by anyone. Point blank. KI does this (and I frankly don't think they're stupid enough to) and I end my three subs and go play something else.
The OP didn't say anything about ads or content within the game. He was talking about promotional stuff at the restaurant.

Don't worry GrammyH, you can hold onto your subscriptions for a couple months, I doubt this will happen too soon.

Explorer
May 30, 2011
I like mcdoanlds food but for sponsor deals i can't see that happening.but but breast cancer awareness would be something KI should support since october is breast cancer awareness month like haing all the players to have a pink pet equipped like the stray piggle.

Defender
Aug 15, 2009
i really like that idea. And i have no problem with "product placements". maybe it would reduce membership costs and/or make the game more interesting. it was fun when selena came around selling her latest cd and they came up with triton underwater (and eventually made the area part of the game without selena). and its not obtrusive to see that jonas guy in grizzle. So it wouldnt be obtrusive if we ended up with a few things we can identify with irl, mickey d's included (cause mc donalds food dont make people fat, people make people fat). and if we can go somewhere and pick up a w101 related thing that would be cool too if nothing else than a decoration around our monitors, or a game code that gives something that is relevant for the level of the wizards you claim the thing for or choose like gear on the game cards.

the only thing i wouldnt like is to have to watch a commercial logging in or something like that although it would be casual for non-members (and non crown payers) to watch a comercial. it might encourage more memberships and eventually make memberships cheaper.

Defender
Aug 07, 2011
Rottenheart, you miss my point. I don't want to see ads/product placement in game and it would, frankly, make me quit if I did. I bought the paid Bejeweled to get away from the ads. I don't play to be advertised to. I want that there are numerous free games on the internet. I pay to be spared that.

As for Selena Gomez, I'm so glad I missed that and wish Nick Jonas would go. And, no, I don't want to inflict my favorite musicians on the younger generation either. I guess I'm glad Jonas isn't Bieber. Jonas makes me want to puke bad enough.

I hate cheap money makers like that. Sure it might pay them initially but they'd start losing subscribers. I doubt either Gomez or Jonas brought new subscribers and having Golden Arches in the Spiral wouldn't exactly do so either. So they might make a lot of money from the companies at first but when it made people quit in disgust -- who pays to play a game to get ads -- the sponsorships would dwindle because they wouldn't have the numbers to lure them. It's a very, very bad idea.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Agreed...

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Blaze Duskdreamer on Oct 20, 2012 wrote:
Rottenheart, you miss my point. I don't want to see ads/product placement in game and it would, frankly, make me quit if I did. I bought the paid Bejeweled to get away from the ads. I don't play to be advertised to. I want that there are numerous free games on the internet. I pay to be spared that.

As for Selena Gomez, I'm so glad I missed that and wish Nick Jonas would go. And, no, I don't want to inflict my favorite musicians on the younger generation either. I guess I'm glad Jonas isn't Bieber. Jonas makes me want to puke bad enough.

I hate cheap money makers like that. Sure it might pay them initially but they'd start losing subscribers. I doubt either Gomez or Jonas brought new subscribers and having Golden Arches in the Spiral wouldn't exactly do so either. So they might make a lot of money from the companies at first but when it made people quit in disgust -- who pays to play a game to get ads -- the sponsorships would dwindle because they wouldn't have the numbers to lure them. It's a very, very bad idea.
Ya I totally got your point. I'm not saying I disagree. My point is stay on topic! You are discussing something that this thread has nothing to do with.

Defender
Aug 15, 2009
Well the Jonas thing is more a tribute to his participation with the music of i think wintertusk so it isnt an ad. The selena gomez thing was an ad but it was fun and brought a new side world with it. and it really was a cool tie in and no one that was around when it came complained about it because it gave them something extra to do (always good with w101) and even the grumpy people seemed to agree it was just fun regardless the comercial tie in.

and also a point was made when the mention that a game was paid for to get away from the ads... just saying.

Defender
Jul 11, 2011
i have some ideas for toys, malistare toy, his staff lights up when you press a button, ambrose toy, a magic eraser, his beard is the eraser, sylvia toy, she sings when you hit a daisy on her dress, cyrus toy, his wand is a pen you can take off, unicorn toy, its a gluestick, its horn its the gluestick, firecat toy, its tail is a little fan, hope you like my ideas

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
Cute idea. And for those saying not McDs cause it would promote obesity, isn't sitting in front of the computer all day playing a game doing the same thing? Just saying

Ellie

Explorer
Jul 31, 2011
I would love to see Wizard101 to expand to both Plush and Plastic collectible toys, we have a wish list already. BUT If I begin to see any McDonalds or other product placement in game we will quit every single account we have and never look back. We pay for several accounts (A couple are not linked to our family group) and we have more than 10 family members throughout the USA that all have several paid accounts each... I am sure there are many more like us who would never want to see KI cheapen themselves to fast food, junk food or otherwise.

Sure a happy meal toy is a good gimmick but the last thing they need to do is help promote a fast food company that puts out such trash and helps contribute to obesity and other serious health problems.

Maybe partner with a quality GMO free produce company, GMO and organic company, something more Eco, green or otherwise conscience to the health and welfare of people and the environment. The idea of Them supporting Breast Cancer Awareness, Cancer, Diabetes, Stroke, Cardiovascular health, Education, literacy, or some other honorable and forthright program, cause or otherwise is WONDERFUL and I would support them(KI) more if they began doing that.

Things we thought of Plush Toys, plastic action figures and collectibles, school supplies, books, printed game guides, collectible cards etc. :)

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
I think giving a small chance for a code would be good but not on every box. The toys are an epic idea for marketing and promotion.

Survivor
Aug 16, 2012
I think that's a really good idea. KI could just say it on the Ravenwood News, when you login they could make it say "McDonalds Sponsors Wizard101 For every "Happy Meal" you buy you have a chance of getting a premuim code to automatically level up!" and just keep the actual game ad-free.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2011
this would do great in britain because we can control our weight. i disagree about the code tho. just think would mc.do's really buy 1000000's of code that probably cost £10 each when the happy meal its self is only £2 odd. that would slow the profit for mc.do's but if it were to sponser wiz loads more people will play it ( cause some peeps dont no about it) then wiz will get a load of money from much more member and crowns perchases

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Blaze Duskdreamer on Oct 20, 2012 wrote:

I'm a little confused by that... "...who plays a game to get ads..." I have a slight feeling you incorrectly interpreted what the OP was trying to convey.
He did not mean: Those annoying ads that popped up in the middle of duels and bugged you, I hate those to death (Unless they give me money or something..)
What he did mean: If you went to McDonalds and bought a kids meal, you would get one and if would have a code on the side.

If not, then please clarify?

Thanks, Ronster55, turtle lover ;D

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
Rony The Turtle on Oct 30, 2012 wrote:
I'm a little confused by that... "...who plays a game to get ads..." I have a slight feeling you incorrectly interpreted what the OP was trying to convey.
He did not mean: Those annoying ads that popped up in the middle of duels and bugged you, I hate those to death (Unless they give me money or something..)
What he did mean: If you went to McDonalds and bought a kids meal, you would get one and if would have a code on the side.

If not, then please clarify?

Thanks, Ronster55, turtle lover ;D
Some tend to do that occasionally on here.

I definatley do not have any ads on my screens.