Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Expensive Crowns

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 12, 2009
Wizard 101 would be much more enjoyable if you didn't have to pay for all of the cool stuff with real money. :? If you're already paying each month to have a subscription, why should we have to pay extra to get the items we want? If you already have paid for however many months to get your wizard up to the level cap, you still can't have the best looking outfits in the game and be able to fight in them without stiching your gear. Even if the people who subscribe just have a small monthy allowance of crowns, it at least unlocks some of the things that you can get. I don't want to spend all the time it takes to level my wizard to 80 and find that a level 3 wizard looks better than me just because they spent extra money.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
teddy2008 wrote:
Wizard 101 would be much more enjoyable if you didn't have to pay for all of the cool stuff with real money. :? If you're already paying each month to have a subscription, why should we have to pay extra to get the items we want? If you already have paid for however many months to get your wizard up to the level cap, you still can't have the best looking outfits in the game and be able to fight in them without stiching your gear. Even if the people who subscribe just have a small monthy allowance of crowns, it at least unlocks some of the things that you can get. I don't want to spend all the time it takes to level my wizard to 80 and find that a level 3 wizard looks better than me just because they spent extra money.

think of it like this
crowns are like paying for a small short cut
and not everything in the crown shop is worth the cash really

also some crown things are dropped or can be crafted at higher areas and craft lvls

example of hoard vs crafting
ninja lore or knight hoard well you can craft those spells or pay lots of crowns for chance for no work
crowns are helpers and lots of stuff from there is dropped/crafted for free !!!
did i catch your attention yet well gets better
those cool crown pets well they can be hatched for just a "small fortune" of gold

did i also mention one of the best looking mounts the bengal tiger is buyable permament for GOLD
if ya find gold a problem then i guess your gonna go the crown route

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
teddy2008 you appear to be confusing membership which grants access to the full game, extra backpack space, pvp access, and probably a couple of other things I am forgetting. With crowns which are used for one time purchases. Both cost money and have their place. If you are concerned for something as superficial as your 'look' then buy a few crowns and stitch something together or buy the look you want.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
teddy2008 wrote:

The "cool" stuff is not necessarily only crowns stuff.
And the best gear is definitely not crowns gear after a certain point in your wizards' growth.
I have no problem with the cost of crowns. It's a matter of choice.