Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Seeking Mortis

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 20, 2009
This morning, myself and a few others are unable to pass the door to get to Mortis, the death tree. One of us even tried a different instance of (area not mentioned for spoiler sake), but to no avail.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Sometimes quests are given before you have access to the areas in which those quests need to be carried out. If so, relax, enjoy the game, and remember than soon you will be able to go there.

Why rush? Lots of other fun things to do.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2008
there is a quest to get there the headmaster gives you a key to it you might have to do a few quests first

Survivor
Apr 27, 2009
I had trouble getting in there, too. One way (which I used before I got access) is to have a friend who can, go in and the teleport to them.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
If you have any other quests besides thar one, I would do the other quests first. Go to the Headmaster and see if he has any extra quests for you.

hogan227 8)

Talon Ironwalker level 27 adept pyromancer, Savior of Wizard City

Survivor
May 03, 2009
after a certain amount of quests you can go see the headmaster and he will notify you to go to the back of the waterfall by rainbow bridge in the commons. once there look straight ahead and there will be mortis.

Survivor
May 18, 2009
MikeStrath wrote:
Sometimes quests are given before you have access to the areas in which those quests need to be carried out. If so, relax, enjoy the game, and remember than soon you will be able to go there.

Well maybe it's not so much the rush, but I'd like to get my level 12 death school spell at, oh I don't know, level 12, around the same time most other classes get their level 12 spells.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
A lot of classes have to wait quite a while on a lot of class quests. Storm is the only class likely to get the level 28 spell while actually at level 28.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
khanector wrote:
This morning, myself and a few others are unable to pass the door to get to Mortis, the death tree. One of us even tried a different instance of (area not mentioned for spoiler sake), but to no avail.
you have to pass colusus blvd. to gain access to nightside or that door where momrtis is

Survivor
May 03, 2009
goldkitty wrote:
there is a quest to get there the headmaster gives you a key to it you might have to do a few quests first
Uhhhh Ambrose doesn't give you the key, you pick it up after you defeat the Wraith and THEN you get the key to go back to the Death Scholl behind that door and THEN you can talk to Mortis! (To defeat the Wraith, who I forget his name, you need to have defeated the following, Triton Avenu's main boss, Alicane Swiftarrow in Firecat Alley, and last but not least... The main boss in Cyclops Lane which is General Akilles or Eyus Maximus). Hope that helps! If you need ay help just ask me! (For Wizard City ONLY) Oh, and you have to defeat somewhere around 2 or 3 bosses to get to the Death School! Their names are, Foulgaze, I forget his name but he's a Wraith (See paragraph 2 ), and someone else (if not just 2 bosses).

--Blake Titanflame level 13 Necromancer/ Diviner

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
I think you have to be a suscriber or have crowns to get the quest which leads up to going to mortis the deathtree.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2008
Kithpine wrote:
MikeStrath wrote:

Well maybe it's not so much the rush, but I'd like to get my level 12 death school spell at, oh I don't know, level 12, around the same time most other classes get their level 12 spells.

I have to edit this post because i had the info wrong. The scroll you are looking for after going into Nightside you get from the tower to the right of the door when you first enter. So after you get the quest to get the scroll just go to the tower that looks like the dorms for the other classes in ravenwood.

You get that said quest from head master Ambrose after a certain amount of time to find a certain object. Once you defeat that said boss you will obtain a key which after speaking to Ambrose you will get the quest to enter the area needed.

Survivor
Apr 21, 2009
you have to defeat lord nightshade in the haunted cave a . then you get a key that lets you into nightshade and to mortis .

hope that helps :-)

stephanie waterleaf level 24 adept necromancer