Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reporting question

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 10, 2012
I have text chat and when i play a rank team match i always see the open chats say ready to kick their . . . Now since i dont have open chat it will turn out to be dots. Even though i cant see what there saying but i suspect its cursing should i report them?. Here is a better example when someone loses they say . . . you. Should i still report them even though i dont see the word?.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
conno365 wrote:
I have text chat and when i play a rank team match i always see the open chats say ready to kick their . . . Now since i dont have open chat it will turn out to be dots. Even though i cant see what there saying but i suspect its cursing should i report them?. Here is a better example when someone loses they say . . . you. Should i still report them even though i dont see the word?.

Conno365, no, do not report this. Although there are some that do type in the words correctly and it is ". . . ." KI can pick up on that in the chat logs. But there are also some players that will puposely use the dots and that would be considered a false report if they did use them.

"WHEN IN DOUBT, DON'T REPORT"

Explorer
Jul 31, 2011
No that is not reportable because they either did it in a way that they KNEW you would not see it, or they typed the word correctly and it was red and thus turned into dots anyway.

You can only report that in which you can see is vulgar profanity. Do not guess.
Here is some info from Prof. Greyrose:
Hello,

A few things to note about the chatting in Wizard101:

1. You can't change your date of birth. If you entered an incorrect date of birth when you first registered, we're sorry for the inconvenience. It's a non-editable (nor is it edible) field.

2. Filtered chat - you must have made a purchase with a valid CREDIT CARD to move an account from menu chat to filtered chat (yes, it's Federal law (COPPA to be exact) and no, we're not going to mess with the Feds just because you accidentally put in the wrong date of birth (see #1)).

3. Open chat requires having an account over the age of 18 years old. Period. No exceptions and no miracle aging cures allowed!

4. Having Open chat does NOT allow you to see the ". . ." of misspelled words being said by a Filtered chatter - it's not the Rosetta Stone of chat options.

5. Typing around the chat filters &/or having Open chat does NOT excuse you from the Terms of Use. There's no "First Amendment" in the Spiral. You don't have the right to be harassing, rude, crude or an otherwise uncouth louse. Having type chat is a privilege, not a right. As a mature player capable of handling the responsibility, we presume you already know that.

If you still have questions, please review the Knowledge Base articles specific to each chat level.

Happy questing!
KingsIsle Support

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
conno365 wrote:

No, you shouldn't report.

Open chat has a bigger dictionary than filtered/text does~ therefore, words that show up in yellow to us are NOT reportable, but will still appear as ... to text-chat players.

Maybe they used the A-word~ maybe they didn't, but you don't know that. If you report them, and they just used the G-rated word (the B one meaning the same is allowed in open, but not text), it will be considered a false report~ which, by the way, is a sanctionable offense and could result in actions being taken against your account.

Rule of thumb: If in doubt, don't report.

~ "El Veeb"
the Archmage of Awesomeness