Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fleeing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 04, 2008
One problem i encountered today was when i was doing a quest in Celestia and a person just randomly walked into my battle and i was like ok now we have three monsters to fight then he suddenly flees and then i have 3 monsters fighting me. I was really mad because after trying to fight all of them i got killed in the process. So what im saying is if some one flees from the battle please make it where the monster that they brought into the battle leaves too.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
DarkMagick24 wrote:
One problem i encountered today was when i was doing a quest in Celestia and a person just randomly walked into my battle and i was like ok now we have three monsters to fight then he suddenly flees and then i have 3 monsters fighting me. I was really mad because after trying to fight all of them i got killed in the process. So what im saying is if some one flees from the battle please make it where the monster that they brought into the battle leaves too.

I've seen this a great deal recently in Krokotopia (I'm new..), where they will flee, leaving me with 3 to deal with..

I like this suggestion, at least in lower realms where this is sort of like griefing?

Defender
Jul 23, 2011
I agree, that is very frustrating. That's as bad as someone of a low level teleporting unannounced, and then fleeing or getting defeated right away. Now you are stuck with an extra enemy that is more powerful than anything in the lower level worlds.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
This isnt going to happen.

First of all, in the higher worlds when someone dies, they usually flee and port back. But if a monster left when they fled, all of the traps that might have been on them would dissapear with them. Making monsters dissapear with players is just an overall bad idea. Trust me, what you have encountered has happened to most of us, but its not going to change. I understand how you feel about what happened, but it doesnt happen that often, and it wouldnt kill you to just run back and try again after you die.

The challenge is half the fun!
Keira SilverThief- lvl 80 myth archmage

Defender
Jul 28, 2009
I agree to these people do this on purpose and give you a monster and leave that makes me so mad so yea i agree with you 100% with you

Defender
May 24, 2012
I've been having that happen in Krok also recently. I solved the problem. Whenever I get into a circle I type this on my screen - "Please do not join my duel". So far it's been working. The message shows up on the screen of everyone's PC (or laptop, whatever) so even if they're "fighting" around the corner from my circle they get the point. Try it.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
quilteddawg63 wrote:
I've been having that happen in Krok also recently. I solved the problem. Whenever I get into a circle I type this on my screen - "Please do not join my duel". So far it's been working. The message shows up on the screen of everyone's PC (or laptop, whatever) so even if they're "fighting" around the corner from my circle they get the point. Try it.

Good idea and good point - I've actually seen 1 or 2 folks saying that 'in' Krok, maybe I have passed by you in the halls of the Sphinx!

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
If I have friends in battle, and I die, and I know nobody in the battle can heal me: I will use the "flee - restore health - return" method. Sure, I won't get as much exp from that battle, but with "reporting completed quests" giving major exp, it does not matter much. But if the monsters flee when I flee, then rejoin at full strength when I rejoin at full strength: that method is no longer as useful.

If I die in battle, and I'm with people I do not know: I will ask if anybody can heal, and if not, I will ask if I can flee. Both answers are "toss ups" Sometimes "yes", sometimes "no", sometimes "I don't care" (flee only), sometimes I don't get any response.

Defender
May 24, 2012
The other thing that's been happening is that someone will step on the sigel next to me to enter a dungeon. I prefer to solo so when that happens I just step back off. Yesterday another wizard got mad at me because I moved. "What's wrong with you?" I told that person that I would wait until they went in ahead of me. I don't understand why some of these people want to attach themselves to you without asking.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
quilteddawg63 wrote:
The other thing that's been happening is that someone will step on the sigel next to me to enter a dungeon. I prefer to solo so when that happens I just step back off. Yesterday another wizard got mad at me because I moved. "What's wrong with you?" I told that person that I would wait until they went in ahead of me. I don't understand why some of these people want to attach themselves to you without asking.

That just confounds me to no end. If you do not want to play with other people, play solo.

Don't sit in an MMO and expect players or the game to change for you! I don't blame for the other wizard to get a little frustrated at your refusal to let him join. At least tell him you want to play solo, before you claim there is something wrong with that person.

Switch to another realm, or don't play at all until another time. It is as simple as that.

Delver
Apr 11, 2012
quilteddawg63 wrote:

I'm not saying you're idea is wrong, but what if a person doesn't care if you want them to join or not. Picture this: You're in a duel and three people join you. So, that means three monsters. And they flee, all of them, because they think the monsters are too hard.
That leaves you with 4 monsters and 1 wizard. You never know when THAT could happen. But, overall your advice is pretty good!