Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Schools? Reason or Pointless?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 02, 2012
I saw all the new schools and thought cool more stuff! Finally I can use these training points! Then nope! I cant it wont let me... the teachers dont teach? what! Any reason? Seems pointless!

Defender
Jul 23, 2011
I think these schools are a hint about Celestia. There are trainers all over Celestia where you can learn the spells used by the characters in Wysteria.

Survivor
May 02, 2009
creativeskills wrote:
I saw all the new schools and thought cool more stuff! Finally I can use these training points! Then nope! I cant it wont let me... the teachers dont teach? what! Any reason? Seems pointless!

I think it is odd that the pigswick folk don't cast in those schools of magic, just the seven ones from Ravenwood.

Delver
Sep 27, 2009
They are the same schools at Ravenwood, just with a different name. and nope, the teachers do not teach. Alot of players on another thread say they're lazy.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2010
Yes, I think that it's very odd that they make schools, but no teaching ...................

Explorer
Sep 28, 2010
I believe it is merely symbolic.....

Destiny Waterthief

Survivor
Oct 20, 2011
They should atleast give a new spell card or something atleast so all they do is give you quest and thats it not much. Atleast give us 1 card 1 but they don't well they can updated and you might learn one thing or two from them.

Survivor
Feb 05, 2013
They are the same schools as the ones in Wizard City, just with different names and symbols(Life/Earth, Death/Spirit, etc.). But I do wish they would give us a new spell.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Its pointless I think, since they don't have too much of a purpose other than just being there.
-Jasmine FireBlade, level 86 pyromancer.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2013
the schools are a lie get it instead of the cake is a lie I love

Explorer
Dec 02, 2010
creativeskills on Jul 27, 2012 wrote:
Well, as far as the game's canon goes, the instructors don't really teach magic (they basically teach various magical theories and concepts). So, unless KI decides on a storyline like we wizards have to go back to Pigswick to retrieve some ancient mystical tomes because the instructors there actually want to teach real magic now, and after you get them, you can learn one or two spells from them as a thank-you for getting them back (or whatever :P).

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
They're all the same schools just different names.

Balance: Equilibrium ( I can't believe I spelled it right.)
Fire: Ember
Ice: Frost
Storm: Tempest
Myth: Chaos
Life: Earth
Death: Spirit

Why should you learn from them if you already have the spells? It's only a different name.

Explorer
Mar 23, 2013
well I believe there is reason. Pigswick wants to be different from Ravenwood, by teaching other magic. Since there are no other schools except Balance, Ice, Fire, Storm, Myth, Life and Death, (we do not know about celestial spells yet) they decided to change the names of the schools. The reason they do not teach............ welll.... uh.... *shrug* I don't have a clue.

Nora LionThorn

"The downside to being a balance wizard is there is always and forever and In your socks"