Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A idea to solve puppet teams

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Hello. I've had a idea to solve puppet teams and here it is.

At levels 40+ you can only team up with people 10 levels below you. Level 39 and below can only team with wizards 5 levels below theirs. I think this might solve the puppet team problem. Does anyone agree or disagree with this?

Jasmine FireBlade, lvl 80 pyromancer
Jessica SparkleGem, lvl 70 thaumaturge

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
wizardgirl1840 wrote:

At levels 40+ you can only team up with people 10 levels below you. Level 39 and below can only team with wizards 5 levels below theirs. I think this might solve the puppet team problem. Does anyone agree or disagree with this?

And what if I wanted to PvP with a friend? I frequently Pvp with a level 37 when I am a level 55, nearly 56. How in the world would that be fair? If you don't like puppets, do 1v1 or just don't PvP. And about the time. I have been known to stay up till four AM Pvp'ing and then when I 2v2 at that time I am most likely going to be paired up with a lower level.

Puppets have been, and most likely will stay on here.

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
wizardgirl1840 wrote:

Sorry, no offense, but this would ruin pvp forever.

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
dodgeballking wrote:
wizardgirl1840 wrote:

Sorry, no offense, but this would ruin pvp forever.

agreed.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Puppets isnt that bad i don't know why people make a big deal out of it.

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
I know there is a lot of talk about puppet teams, how they affect pvp, how they should be stopped. The new update says it will lower the amount of puppet teams by relying a little more on the person with the highest lvl. But couldnt there be another way? If a lvl 1 rank 0 player teams up with a lvl 80 experienced player they would still vs a team with considerably lower lvl and skill lvl. I have a couple ideas and would like to hear your opinions. 1. What about if you could change the matching system so that puppet teams only vs other puppet teams? (sounds fair to me) 2. Also couldnt you make a rule that the lvl distance between the highest and lowest lvl of the team cant exceed 50 or so? example: if 2 players lvl 20 and lvl 80 try to join the same team it will tell them they are unable to be paired up together and block that team. Have a better idea? I would like to hear some other suggestions.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2009

I have suggested several times a level cap between friends such as 10 level cap meaning level 80 can only team with a level 70 so this way puppet teams Dont happen

Survivor
Aug 05, 2010
When people puppet the often get "knights" who want to PvP puppets and if you think about it if they have High rank they will get trans if they are Arch. So they are in a 3v2. It is just as fair.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2011
Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
They stopped puppet teams? I haven't seen anything saying so... Where did you see that?

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
scarpion18 wrote:
They stopped puppet teams? I haven't seen anything saying so... Where did you see that?

k i said they WERE gonna stop puppet teams but they sadly failed and now need to find a new way to stop them
so sadly it isnt stopped yet

Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
I think KI should make it so i can 2v2 again. I am tired of 1v1 and i did that until i was captain. I think i would rather 2v2 up to commander. Here is my idea-

Change the match System to Strongest Level decides all, like if your a level 67 and your partner is level 23, the match would base on the highest level. So they would meet lv 60-70 teams. And if your a magus with a magus, you would fight lv 20s or lv 40s or lv 30s,t the most 40s. I dont see any way you can bypass the match system with this idea. It is considered Puppet Proof, xD. Unless you find any way to bypass this.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
That's... well that's actually the greatest idea I've heard all year.

-Gtafreak101

Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
kohner00 wrote:

-Gtafreak101

It not that detailed and sooner or later someone would bypass it, but i am sure KI wont let us down. Thanks for reply :D............ KI already gave Puppet Teaming a blow, now all puppet teams can only basically fight other puppet teams, or if lucky (rarely too) fight lower levels, i hope now KI can put my idea into consideration, or make something better ( i hope ) and finish the job :D
As for Immunity, We prob get something to ultimately surpass that in the next world, ( hopefully XD )

Survivor
Feb 28, 2011
danashflame1230 wrote:
kohner00 wrote:

-Gtafreak101

It not that detailed and sooner or later someone would bypass it, but i am sure KI wont let us down. Thanks for reply :D............ KI already gave Puppet Teaming a blow, now all puppet teams can only basically fight other puppet teams, or if lucky (rarely too) fight lower levels, i hope now KI can put my idea into consideration, or make something better ( i hope ) and finish the job :D
As for Immunity, We prob get something to ultimately surpass that in the next world, ( hopefully XD )

OK, sorry to divert a little from the initial subject, however I do just want to clarify something that has been bugging me since a match a friend and I had two days ago. It was 2v2. We won, which of course set off one of the other teams participants to start calling us a puppet team, amongst other things I will not include here, lol.

My understanding is a puppet team is a high GAME level wizard (i.e. lvl 80 or 70) teams with a low GAME level wizard (i.e. lvl 20 or 30). Is that correct?

Apparently, some people have it in their head that puppet teams are high PVP lvl wizards teaming with low PVP lvl wizards (i.e. warlord teamed with, i dont know, anything lower than a warlord I presume). In my opinion, and I have never seen anything from KI to say otherwise, this second description is not a puppet team. Correct?

Of course, I just want to make clear, I was a Captain and my teammate was a Commander. Both of us are lvl 80.

Steven Hawk
Archmage Life,Fire,Storm

Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
stevespeaks wrote:
danashflame1230 wrote:
kohner00 wrote:

-Gtafreak101

OK, sorry to divert a little from the initial subject, however I do just want to clarify something that has been bugging me since a match a friend and I had two days ago. It was 2v2. We won, which of course set off one of the other teams participants to start calling us a puppet team, amongst other things I will not include here, lol.

My understanding is a puppet team is a high GAME level wizard (i.e. lvl 80 or 70) teams with a low GAME level wizard (i.e. lvl 20 or 30). Is that correct?

Apparently, some people have it in their head that puppet teams are high PVP lvl wizards teaming with low PVP lvl wizards (i.e. warlord teamed with, i dont know, anything lower than a warlord I presume). In my opinion, and I have never seen anything from KI to say otherwise, this second description is not a puppet team. Correct?

Of course, I just want to make clear, I was a Captain and my teammate was a Commander. Both of us are lvl 80.

Steven Hawk
Archmage Life,Fire,Storm

lol i am aware, when did i say that it was based on rank lol. Yes it is not a puppet team, rank doesnt matter in a puppet team, only the level. A Knight could be asking a commander to rank him up and they can be same level but it wouldnt count as puppet because since they are both same level they wouldnt attract wizards lower level then they are