Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spells that need to be changed in 4v4

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Sorry for not posting this sooner. I did 4v4 today and I have finally ran into the smoke screen spammers. When i say spammers I mean they cast the tc smoke screen each turn. Then the next guy casts normal smoke screen each turn.

While this happens a storm builds to use a massive sirens.

Since we were going second we werent able to do a single move. I noticed they were warlords and now I know that some of these warlords can't even play pvp. It really ticks me off when this happens.

I am aware that there is accuracy boosting cards but whats the point when you can't put up blades and such to build for an attack. From these smoke screens we had an 85 percent chance of fizzle. I don't believe this is fair even though it is allowed in the game.

I don't mind when a single smoke is casted because you have a chance of making a cast but with this it isnt possible. So I am frustrated that I lost my points because of this. What do you guys think? Should we change smoke screen?

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Sorry, but PvP was meant for strategy. I like this strategy. Hmm. Warlord here I come ;) (I understand it seems unfair, but its OP, like ice right? ;))

Defender
Jul 10, 2011
Ronster55 wrote:
Sorry, but PvP was meant for strategy. I like this strategy. Hmm. Warlord here I come ;) (I understand it seems unfair, but its OP, like ice right? ;))
Heyyyyy!!!!! Smoke screen is awesome! That's the who;e point of it making people fizzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Wolf SilverSpear ~ Grandmaster Pyro

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Ha I bet. Although at least you can do something against an ice. This kinda like chain stunning. Although there is slim chance of you being able to pull off a spell.

Survivor
Sep 19, 2011
each school has one infair advantage in 4v4 PvP so unfourtunatly you just have to deal with it.

Fire: Smokscreen
Ice: Legion Shield
Storm: Sirens
Life: Rebirth
Death: Scarecrow
Myth: Earthquake
Balance: Power Nova

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
This is a simple case of being impaled by strategy. If you don't like Smoke Screen, or any other spells as such being used like this in a strategy, don't play PvP. That simple.

~Eric CrowSpear - Diviner

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Have any of you ever been hit with this strategy before. You are basically shut out from the game. There is no good way to counter it since once it starts you are trapped. Minus 85% accuracy off any spell you use, you probably will fizzle.

Btw I don't consider smoke screen over powered but I do consider it being misused when both a tc smoke and a normal smoke are used in conjunction. I don't even mind if it's once or twice in a game, but if you use it every round then you are shutting out the other team.

Also sirens is not over powered, you can shield from it. Scarecrow is not over powered you can shield from it. Earthquake is not over powered simply don't put up a crazy amount of shields. Legion shield is not over powered, use earthquake, shatter, or a DoT. Rebirth is not over powered, use infections, life dispel, or doom and gloom. Power nova is not over powered, use weakness, balance dispel, or tower shields.

Simply you can counter these spells, although with smoke screen spammed in conjunction with tc smoke screen you won't be able to anything unless you get really lucky. Anyone who says to use accuracy boosting cards I do consider it a counter although those cards only work on attack spells so you won't be able to use shields, weakness, dispels, and any other support cards.

Anyone else wish to comment? If you do please leave a response that you can back up with evidence, otherwise I will not be bothering to comment.

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
I think that KI need to make smoke screen blocks like when people stun you get stun blocks for next stun attack.
Its funny how people react instead of giving solution, the answer is just to deal with it - don't touch my school. but when its comes to their problems they like no lets nerf it, he is so OP.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
open33 wrote:
I think that KI need to make smoke screen blocks like when people stun you get stun blocks for next stun attack.
Its funny how people react instead of giving solution, the answer is just to deal with it - don't touch my school. but when its comes to their problems they like no lets nerf it, he is so OP.

I really don't want to create blocks for this spell, but maybe if it is used then the people who were hit by it are given a turn to recover. Another possible fix is just keep it from being used in conjunction with the tc version.

Survivor
Apr 28, 2012
Rony The Turtle on Jul 28, 2012 wrote:
ok ice not OP and it is meant for strategy not this kind , you have to use your skill. it doesn't really matter what are you a warlord or private you cant show your skill with a badge on you that says warlord while you just spam smoke screen on people!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That does not show your skill and using tc does not too same with puppet teams. and no that strategy is not OP it seems crazy to me one person is doing all the work while you just stand there making the poor people fiz. and spending that much money on tc for a simple badge it sounds crazy to me and all you get is arena tickets which you get armor with and you can get much much much better armor by the bazzar the only thing they seem useful for is pets! so the people who think that they should use tc in pvp you are so wrong and some people just say this after they use tc ," because we are free to use tc right :]" and that just sounds creepy to me with the smile at the end . Well i dont care if they spend all their money on tc to just gain a little ranking and waste ther time on pvp instead if playing the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps: i hate people who use tc from the beginning of the match cause they know they will lose!!!!!!!!!!i guess some are scrared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Heh. I dont get it. You can fire dispel and stun them using a accuracy boosting card. Sigh.

Survivor
Nov 16, 2010
Moonlighterz1000 on Oct 14, 2012 wrote:
Heh. I dont get it. You can fire dispel and stun them using a accuracy boosting card. Sigh.
Although its a bit hard to dispell when you have minus 85% accuracy.

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
I cannot believe I am the only one posting the simplest answer! Get a pet that casts a spell, hopefully sprite, they never fizzle without dispels, and sometimes when they smoke you will get sprited, giving you a way better chance of casting.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
lucario37 on Oct 15, 2012 wrote:
There are spells that can boost your accuracy though, that can help you cast spells. You can also try to get your pet to get a accuracy buff.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
lucario37 on Oct 15, 2012 wrote:
Each school has accuracy boosts for that school, so if you have a 21% accuracy boost for fire + accuracy boost on card +30%, + possible pet accuracy boosts +6 to +10, all that seriously adds up. Hmm, you are now seriously not likely to fizzle when using shileds or dispels that have 100% accuracy cast rate.

But yet, people assume the worst and dont do the actual math when it comes to problems, complaining about it seems so much easier!

Explorer
Feb 24, 2012
lol when i read this i thought what if my lvl 64 storm with good acc boost could hit

Survivor
Aug 18, 2010
There is nothing wrong with smoke screen.
Going in second..... now this is the problem.

Explorer
Jul 10, 2009
A strategy almost too easily countered with infallible.