Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sidewalks are safe? I don't think so.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 28, 2011
Once in marleybone on my master pyromancer, I was the farthest as I could be from the enemies. And all of the sudden, I find myself being sucked into battle! When I first got my wizard, I got a bubble from professor greyrose (you know, when you just start and get into unicorn way) saying that there are monsters on the street and to stay on the sidewalks, as they are safe. But in marleybone, I was as far as possible from the monsters, but then I am pulled into battle! KI, is this a bug?

Defender
Jul 10, 2011
Toothless572 wrote:
Once in marleybone on my magus pyromancer, I was the farthest as I could be from the enemies. And all of the sudden, I find myself being sucked into battle! When I first got my wizard, I got a bubble from professor greyrose (you know, when you just start and get into unicorn way) saying that there are monsters on the street and to stay on the sidewalks, as they are safe. But in marleybone, I was as far as possible from the monsters, but then I am pulled into battle! KI, is this a bug?
First of all MB has no sidewalks, and second of all, there are only sidewalks in WC and DS, and they work.

Wolf SilverSpear ~ Level 51 Pyro

Defender
Jul 10, 2011
Toothless572 wrote:
Once in marleybone on my magus pyromancer, I was the farthest as I could be from the enemies. And all of the sudden, I find myself being sucked into battle! When I first got my wizard, I got a bubble from professor greyrose (you know, when you just start and get into unicorn way) saying that there are monsters on the street and to stay on the sidewalks, as they are safe. But in marleybone, I was as far as possible from the monsters, but then I am pulled into battle! KI, is this a bug?
Yea that's what's annoying about Marleybone

Defender
May 19, 2012
That's probably why there are no sidewalks in Marleybone. I find, however, that the main reason I get pulled into a battle there is because those ramps are so terrible, that I get caught on corners and when I try to move out of the corner, it throws me into the street a little ways, and BOOM, sucked into battle. I noticed the edges of the game are not at all smooth, but it's most noticeable in Marleybone, and KI really needs to do something to smooth out the edges for easy movement of our characters, without getting caught on edges, especially invisible edges (like in some of the towers). There is nothing more annoying than to be running along minding my own business, then being brought to a sudden halt because of some hang up, then sucked into an undesired battle as I try to remove myself from this situation.

I still remember when WoW first came out and the edges were rough like this. I remember them doing a huge update to smooth the edges of the game out, so we wouldn't be getting caught on invisible barriers anymore. Sheesh, that was a loooooonnnnnggggggg time ago, lol. I think KI needs to do something like this, especially in Marleybone.

Explorer
Aug 01, 2009
Toothless572 wrote:

Just weird sidewalks i say, marleybine doesnt actually have sidewalks, you just stay to the edge XD

corners are the worst XD

Survivor
Mar 23, 2012
This has happened to me as well, but I wouldn't call it a bug. If anything, you have been a victim of the scourge of the internet that is known as LAG.

Defender
Jul 28, 2009
MarleyBone does not have sidewalks you have to stand on the corner of the street the only places with sidewalks or DS and WC and they work pretty good for me.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Hmmm, ok, MB does have sidewalks but if you will notice, all the battles take place on the ROOF TOPS, and not the streets. I think it would be rather odd to find sidewalks there.

But, yes, MB is a bit more complex and as you progress in the game it will become more so. Even on the sidewalks in those worlds that do have them, you must also be careful not to be too close to the edge or you will get pulled into a battle.

Good luck young wizard in your studies.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Toothless572 wrote:

This is not a bug. This is a lesson.
First, there are no sidewalks but there are safe areas. Well, safer anyway, than running amok down the center of things.

Marleybone, and worlds beyond, teach us patience. You can easily get around without getting pulled in if you take your time and watch how the MOBS move. Unless I'm not paying attention, I never get pulled in anymore.

Defender
Jul 23, 2011
Just wait until you get into Celestia, especially District of the Stars. Learn to watch the pattern of the enemy before moving. All enemies move in a specific pattern unless you are lagging. Finding the safe gap in the pattern is tricky sometimes, but essential if you don't want to spend all of your time fighting unwanted enemy or fleeing.

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
Actually, a couple years ago, Marleybone was a bit different. You HAD to go down the middle of the roof, NOT the edge. I personally thought it was easier to do than it is now, and not have to worry about getting stuck on the ramps, but there were many complaints that there were no sidewalks there (I guess people going there for the first time had trouble adjusting), and KingsIsle changed it to the way it is now.

Rogan

Defender
May 22, 2011
this happened to me in sunken city ( for some reason i was wearing your first clothes ) i was standing far away and got pulled in. good thing the other person in there was my friend.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2011
Thanks guys, but once I was also on WC and I got pulled in. I was on the sidewalk.

Defender
May 17, 2011
My hawk mount was THE WORST in Marleybone. It was before the screen view update, and I always got stuck when i tried to fly over a rusty old can or something. It was terrible!
But the update fixed that nicely .

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
Yes, I am mad about this too, but for those of you who think KI should change them into sidewalks, too late! they can't change that, they already made it.They can help fix problems, though.

Explorer
Aug 01, 2009
A roof doesn't have sidewalks though, it would make no sense.

I actually LOVE Marleybone because it's so easy to get around without getting stuck in a battle XD

No crossing streets or anything, just running in the middle of the street :D
It's actually really safe there (follow the middle 'cracks' in the roof 'tiles' they can make you exactly safe, especially ramps, I like to be on the ramps when afking in MB XD)

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Try running in the middle of the road. Thats how I get around. Just be careful at the intersections. Those are the only troubles :P
...Also shouldn't this thread be in the Marleybone section?

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
lazyboogers wrote:
This has happened to me as well, but I wouldn't call it a bug. If anything, you have been a victim of the scourge of the internet that is known as LAG.

Nobody ever likes to be pulled, but it happens sometimes. I get so sick of it I barely do solo dungeons so I can just flee and port back, it's not half bad I guess but I am getting sick of it. One time, in Grizzlehiem, I didn't see any monsters (glitch) so I crossed to get like a chest or a reagent or something, cross back, go a little ways, WOW! I get PULLED! ALL THE WAY BACK OVER THERE!!!! I swear, they do this stuff on pupose :P Lol jk jk. But it sure does get annoying!!!!Hope this helped
Alyssa SparkleGlen Lvl 38 Ice (secondary: Life)
Scarlett DarkBlood Lvl 12 Death (well obviously!)

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
RavenLady777 wrote:
Toothless572 wrote:

This is not a bug. This is a lesson.
First, there are no sidewalks but there are safe areas. Well, safer anyway, than running amok down the center of things.

Marleybone, and worlds beyond, teach us patience. You can easily get around without getting pulled in if you take your time and watch how the MOBS move. Unless I'm not paying attention, I never get pulled in anymore.

If you look carefully, one mob will be going the way you want to go and the other will be going the opposite. Use your skinniest mount; for me a white stag, or just go no mount. stay on the side that the monsters are going the way you are, and you can easily slip past them but pay attention, if you go the wrong side, look up and hey! there's a monster! try to dodge it, get pulled, flee, try again :p ya life stinks! Lol!
Alyssa SparkleGlen Lvl 38 Ice (Secondary Life)
Scarlett DarkBlood Lvl 12 Death (Well Obviously!)

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
Toothless572 wrote:
Thanks guys, but once I was also on WC and I got pulled in. I was on the sidewalk.

You were most likely on Tanglewood Way eh? Thes tree things stink! You have to go near the fountain and literally follow them behind the entire way!
Alyssa SparkleGlen Lvl 38 Ice (secondary Life)
Scarlett Darkblood Lvl 12 Dath (well obviously! :D)

Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
1. Roof tops don't have sidewalks.

2. What about Mooshu? Lots of the time it's easier to not be on the sidewalk in some areas because enemies walk all over it like it's not even a sidewalk. But then again it's just a patch of grass...

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
I understand that Marleybone is designed this way, but I think it needs to be a little easier to move around. I know it's fun to have a challenge, but not so big of one that you're randomly getting pulled into battles all the time.
Melcookie

Explorer
May 27, 2012
eric123456789028 wrote:
Toothless572 wrote:
First of all MB has no sidewalks, and second of all, there are only sidewalks in WC and DS, and they work.

Wolf SilverSpear ~ Level 51 Pyro

You know that Krokotopia and Mooshu have sidewalks, right? I'll you them. Krokotopia sidewalks are the road's edges. Mooshu's sidewalks are the grass. YOU GOT THAT!

Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
Yeah, I've had that problem a lot in marleybone. The wooden planks that works like a bridge makes it super hard to squeeze on to when there is an enemy slowly walking on it. It took me forever to get anywhere. In Mooshu it's also hard, because sometimes there are rounded corners on the dirt path and if there is also an enemy near you turning on that corner, you'll get pulled in even on the dirt path. KI should really fix that.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2012
I actually found this Mander walking in the line thing that people so call sidewalk but it really doesnt look like one XD is it a glitch or?
But anyways my real question is at unicorn way i was battling a couple lost souls for fun and my wizard was on the sidewalk and this lost soul was like way over somewhere else and all of a sudden i was in battle???????
Me = X
Sidewalk = -
Monster = O
O
-----------X--------

:D :(