Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is Brave Hound a useful pet?

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jun 16, 2009
Now that we just got these i've been wondering since it has a higher pedigree kind of. I wonder if it gives resist, and health. Help anybody?

~Wolf Strongshield~

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
Well jut train it and find out then you can tell people weather it is good enough or bad. I got mine and its a teen and it knows sprite so i dont think so.

yours truley,
Wolf Pixietamer

Explorer
Sep 28, 2008
Ohy yes it is, Though it is a myth pet it DOES give spritley at Teen. That is the first talent it learns is spritely. It also can learn Pips O' Plenty, Myth Giver, mana Gift, Myth proof, Health Gift, Myth Shield, Buff Minion, Myth trap and myth shot.

Bravehound is a good pet imo and has saved me many times with spritely. It is also very good if you are myth ( I am a storm wizard and loving Brave hound)

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
codastar wrote:
Now that we just got these i've been wondering since it has a higher pedigree kind of. I wonder if it gives resist, and health. Help anybody?

~Wolf Strongshield~

It's stats are here:
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Brave_Hound

I have found that it does not cast spritely very often. At all. (I have lots of pets that have spritely, and this one casts it the least out of all of them.)

Defender
May 30, 2010
you have a good chance of getting at Teen the may cast spritely with Bravehound pet . i got it on my brave hound at teen. i believe it is a myth pet so it does things in myth . myth trap etc but idk i only have mine at teen

Survivor
Nov 24, 2010
Not really useful because it doesn't have a card to go with the pet, but if you like the look of it you should train it

Defender
Jul 23, 2011
The brave hound gets spritely at teen. That is useful in battle. However, mine doesn't cast the sprite nearly often enough. Mine also got myth resist at adult.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
It gives spritely, the talent that is almost a MUST HAVE for getting to warlord. Here is the link to the pet: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Brave_Hound
Its more of a myth pet.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Well, here you go http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Brave_Hound

If you're a Myth wizard you really have nothing to worry about, but no, this pet sadly doesn't give any resist at all. But the description says that the Brave Hound pet always learns Spritely at teen, so if you really want that talent bad, then that's the right pet to hatch with!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
hndsa1997 wrote:
Not really useful because it doesn't have a card to go with the pet, but if you like the look of it you should train it

Just because the pet doesn't automatically come with a card doesn't mean it is not useful.
It's stats show several cards, plus spritely, plus a health/mana bonus possible. How are those not helpful? I mean really.

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
Explorer
Sep 28, 2008
My bravehound casts spritely quite often. Whether I do damage, take it or if a friend takes it he seems to cast often. Glad he does because I need it. Now to hatch it with a storm pet and hope it gets Spritely and some storm talents :)

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
codastar wrote:
-facepalm- I just wasted a code then...

-facepalm- Someone who doesn't see the talents one can get. If you're looking for money to hatch it with, just farm DS. The monsters there drop gear that sells for 500+ gold.

Anyway, you can still get spritely on the other pet and most likely spell proff/defy and something else if you hatch. The answer here is in this post. Hatch with another pet to get the other talents you want.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
General FYI:
A hatched (2nd generation) brave hound is not guaranteed to learn spritely at teen. I just tried, and it didn't.

Explorer
Oct 03, 2009
Wolf Strongshield on Jul 26, 2012 wrote:

~Wolf Strongshield~
To look up pets and what each one does, go to www.wizard101central.com/wiki and go to the "Pets" section.

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
Its not a bad starter pet, you will want resist and unicorn next. when i see them in the hatchery i am like Ugh noob pet. but, it sure stopped a lot of people who wanted spritely to so thank you ki! you made Everyone with spritely happy.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
KOblivion on Dec 9, 2012 wrote:
Its not a bad starter pet, you will want resist and unicorn next. when i see them in the hatchery i am like Ugh noob pet. but, it sure stopped a lot of people who wanted spritely to so thank you ki! you made Everyone with spritely happy.
Defintely not a noob pet. Don't be decieved by the appearance of gear or pets.

My current Ancient Brave Hound(62) has Spritely, Spell Proof and Death Giver. Its unrealized potential talents are really good too, bred for my death school wizard. And it has very high attribute max values. Yes - its a hatched multi gen pet. And it is quite useful. Not at Epic because I just re-hatched again last night. Trying to 'max-out' the attribute max values.

Don't be decived by pedigree values. I breed my pets to have no spell talents (epic, which drives the pedigree up). And I don't like spells that pets get at birth. Typically undesirable imo.