Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Change the color please.

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
Hey guys, i am annoyed by something i have been noticing lately. The brave hound can be dyed a variety of colors and it can also look identical to other, generally rarer pets, such as the ianthine hound, alert hound and ice hound.

Its annoying because people always assosiate my best pet as being a non-rare pet that was given free by kingsisle when in fact i worked hard to get my pets. So what i am suggesting is the alert hound, ianthine hound and ice hound be able to be dyed more colors for the benefit of those out there to be able to tell what pet it really is. Some people dont like hatching with certain pets, and when they see something that looks like it, they dont even bother to check the stats of the pet.

Another solution would to be keeping the brave hound at one specific color, just like the other hounds i mentioned above are limited to. Maybe color that can be unique to just, well it itself, and not other pets. Thanks again,

Thejordanator

Defender
May 19, 2012
I have to admit, I was quite surprised to learn you could change the color of the Brave Hound to a color similar to the Mulberry Hound and a color similar to the Fierce Hound. I have a Fierce Hound and a Brave Hound, but I certainly wouldn't want anyone mistaking my Fierce Hound which I got from a bundle, with the Brave Hound which I got free from KI.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
It's a bit annoying to see how "Fierce" the competition has become in this game. Because people have hours, days, months, years etc to put into something they believe they have exclusive rights to it.

It's all about the haves and have nots. The haves are not happy unless they have something to show off to the have nots. Heaven forbid if we just could be wizards questing though the spiral and all get along, no - we have to have this my stuff is better then your stuff war going on.

Believe me the many that are now "into" the pet thing will know exactly what they are hatching with no matter what color it has been painted.

Defender
May 19, 2012
brwac, just for the record, if it was up to me, everyone could have whatever pet their heart desires. I don't care if what I have is better or worse than what someone else has, but I do think that if you work really hard for something or spend real cash for something, there should be some reward or incentive for doing so. My Fierce Hound should retain it's unique color (which is no longer unique). The Mulberry Hound which was a 'prize' should retain it's unique color (which again, is no longer unique). The same goes for other pets obtained through quest rewards, prizes, purchases, etc. It has nothing to do with 'my pet is better than yours'. Obviously, from my own observations in the pet pavilion, first generation pets are not very well liked to begin with, yet everyone seems to want them. They just don't want to hatch with them.

As for my pets, if it were not so costly to me to hatch with others, I would be more than happy to let anyone who asks, hatch with any of my pets. If KI would fix it so that when you hatch with someone else, you get a choice of whether you get an egg or not, and if you choose not to get an egg, you would not be charged but the person who wants the egg would be charged, I would set some time aside each day to stand in the hatchery and let people who want to hatch, hatch with me. But that would not be a cost-effective thing for KI as they would not sell as many crown pets then.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
I think your just a little mad that you arent special. And trust me, if someone cared about your pet, they would check what your wearing to find out what it is. I'm not trying to be mean. But just because it looks like your pet, doesnt mean it is. Really there is nothing to be jealous about.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2011
Defender
May 19, 2012
I don't think anyone is mad about anything. The OP made a valid point and while you may disagree with his opinion, it doesn't make him wrong. He was just expressing his own opinion, which he is entitled to do, just as the rest of us do.

Survivor
Jul 07, 2012
I have the opposite problem! I got a black and yellow brave hound from kingsisle like most players did and I want it to be dark blue and light blue so I WAS happy when they said in ravenwood news that the new hounds you can dye them all colors! It turns out that it was part of the last promotion so i dont get to have it and i'm stuck with my mutt (now dyed purple).

Wolf Stormstrider
journeyman diviner/inventor/alchemist

(too many slashes lol)

Survivor
Jul 07, 2012
i agree w/ fiziali pets tell a lot about the wizard. we should have any pet(or mount) they want.