Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Need help: Should we report "card donators".

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 11, 2008
Here's the problem, I have been noticing that there are certain wizards who claim they will "donate" your treasure cards to the "needy". I find that very suspicious and hard to believe because just like those "tower party hosts" who are just trying to spam(no offense), but the main point here is, that how are you going to donate treasure cards to the needy? I think that's a scam just to get other wizard's treasure cards and I think that's wrongful and unfair. Is it possible to report these "donation scammers"? (just to be on the safe side.) It would be nice to get some answers about this, please. I don't want any more wizards falling victim to these scammers(no offense.) into losing any of their rare treasure cards. I also just want to make sure if it's safe to report those online scammers to avoid any accidental reporting.

Survivor
Nov 08, 2008
Insecto wrote:
Here's the problem, I have been noticing that there are certain wizards who claim they will "donate" your treasure cards to the "needy". I find that very suspisious and hard to believe because just like those "tower party hosts" who are just trying to spam(no offense), but the main point here is, that how are you going to donate treasure cards to the needy? I think that's a scam just to get other wizard's treasure cards and I think that's wrongful and unfair. Is it possible to report these "donation scammers"? (just to be on the safe side.) It would be nice to get some answers about this, please. I don't want any more wizards falling victim to these scammers(no offense.) into losing any of their rare treasure cards. I also just want to make sure if it's safe to report those online scammers to avoid any accidental reporting.

someone took mines and i got mad but i never report them i am so angry :( :(

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
A card donator probably defines himself as "the needy" and then does exactly what he promised. That sounds like a rather convoluted way of begging to me.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2008
Insecto wrote:
Here's the problem, I have been noticing that there are certain wizards who claim they will "donate" your treasure cards to the "needy". I find that very suspisious and hard to believe because just like those "tower party hosts" who are just trying to spam(no offense), but the main point here is, that how are you going to donate treasure cards to the needy? I think that's a scam just to get other wizard's treasure cards and I think that's wrongful and unfair. Is it possible to report these "donation scammers"? (just to be on the safe side.) It would be nice to get some answers about this, please. I don't want any more wizards falling victim to these scammers(no offense.) into losing any of their rare treasure cards. I also just want to make sure if it's safe to report those online scammers to avoid any accidental reporting.

Well I do not know how people get scammed from their treasure cards since BOTH sides see the cards to be traded and have to accept the trade. Even if they change cards at the last minute, you have to accept again.

Survivor
Jul 11, 2008
Insecto wrote:

No I do not think that you should report someone for donating treasure cards. I do not think that is a valid reason for reporting someone. I would also like to add that I have several high-level wizards that have WAY too many treasure cards!!!! Having this many treasure cards slows down load times when walking through doors, etc. I could trash the unwanted treasure cards, but what fun is that. Me and my friends will go to the commons and say "free treasure cards." Those that want them will take them. Those who don't wont. I never ever accept anything from the wizards I am giving cards to. Also the wizards who want the cards tend to be lower leveled wizards so these cards that we give them can really help in battles. It is a win-win situation. :D :D :D :D
So please do not report someone giving free treasure cards away :D :D :D

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
sewwhat wrote:

No I do not think that you should report someone for donating treasure cards. I do not think that is a valid reason for reporting someone. I would also like to add that I have several high-level wizards that have WAY too many treasure cards!!!! Having this many treasure cards slows down load times when walking through doors, etc. I could trash the unwanted treasure cards, but what fun is that. Me and my friends will go to the commons and say "free treasure cards." Those that want them will take them. Those who don't wont. I never ever accept anything from the wizards I am giving cards to. Also the wizards who want the cards tend to be lower leveled wizards so these cards that we give them can really help in battles. It is a win-win situation. :D :D :D :D

I think you misread what was written. They aren't asking if they should report people giving away free cards. They're asking if they should report people saying that if YOU give them YOUR cards, they will "donate them to the needy."

I agree, this sounds like a way of trying to beg cards off of others. However, I'm not sure if anything can be done, since both parties have to accept a trade. So the trader can see that they are getting nothing in return for their cards.

Survivor
Sep 11, 2008
sewwhat wrote:
Insecto wrote:

I guess your right... I really was not trying to be rude about that subject with donating treasure cards, but thank you for letting me know. I had my opinion about my own question and you and the others had your own opinions, so like you said, everyone wins!

Survivor
Sep 11, 2008
AnemicSkink wrote:
sewwhat wrote:

I think you misread what was written. They aren't asking if they should report people giving away free cards. They're asking if they should report people saying that if YOU give them YOUR cards, they will "donate them to the needy."

I agree, this sounds like a way of trying to beg cards off of others. However, I'm not sure if anything can be done, since both parties have to accept a trade. So the trader can see that they are getting nothing in return for their cards.
Hmm... that was what I was trying to say,(which was what AnemicSkink wrote)but still, should we report wizards who are getting other wizards to trade your treasure cards? I say, this is like getting stuck between a rock and a hard place! :?

Survivor
Jul 12, 2008
I think this topic needs to be clarified... Because... I AM A CARD DONATOR!!! Yes... i will go to the commons and ask if anyone wants treasure cards... Usually because I am to many treasure cards and need to get rid of some so that I can get more in battles... Now... I could just simply .... DELETE .... My treasure cards but what good would that do??? Why not give them to a wizard who could use them? If they are wanting treasure cards from you they wouldnt be "donators".

I make sure to tell the people I am giving cards to not to give me any, I am just giving mine to them...

If you are giving rare or high level cards and they are giving you low level cards, why are you hitting "ready"???

You have the opertunity to say yes or no... Never hit ready till they hit ready if you dont trust them.

I would be REALLY upset if I got reported and all I was trying to do was get rid of some of my treasure cards and help a wizard at the same time!

Heather Ravenblood
Level 50 - Death/Life

Myrna
Level 48 - Ice/Fire

Administrator
Trading Treasure Cards is a feature of Wizard101. With that comes the inevitable 'scams' for those Treasure Cards.

The majority of the time, the players begging for Treasure Cards are the ones who don't want to earn them the way everyone else has earned them.

If you do not want to trade your Treasure Cards, don't accept the Trade. If you do not want to listen to beggers beg for Treasure Cards, there's an Ignore button on the Friends panel that allows you to select a player and Ignore them.

While we realize it can be annoying, begging for Treasure cards is not a reportable offense since this is a result of an existing dynamic in the game.

HOWEVER - Any player who is soliciting account information to Trade or Give Crowns must be reported immediately. Crowns cannot be traded, and the exchange of account information between players will result in both accounts being banned.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Sep 11, 2008
Gamma wrote:
Trading Treasure Cards is a feature of Wizard101. With that comes the inevitable 'scams' for those Treasure Cards.

The majority of the time, the players begging for Treasure Cards are the ones who don't want to earn them the way everyone else has earned them.

If you do not want to trade your Treasure Cards, don't accept the Trade. If you do not want to listen to beggers beg for Treasure Cards, there's an Ignore button on the Friends panel that allows you to select a player and Ignore them.

While we realize it can be annoying, begging for Treasure cards is not a reportable offense since this is a result of an existing dynamic in the game.

HOWEVER - Any player who is soliciting account information to Trade or Give Crowns must be reported immediately. Crowns cannot be traded, and the exchange of account information between players will result in both accounts being banned.
Thank you very much, Gamma, that's all the info I need.