Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What dpes this spell card do?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 03, 2012
I have a spell in my deck that I can't figure out - I have no idea what it is for. It has a picture of a large yellow double circle with read blotches inside. It says "target aura is destroyed dealing x1 (damage fist picture) "

Any explanation would be great.

thanks,

Sarai Thundergrove, Master Pyromancer

Hero
May 02, 2009
That is supernova, and what it does is if the opponent has an aura spell (aka a star spell) up like fortify, supernova destroys it and deals about 525 damage to them (balance dmg I believe). The one your talking about is an item card varation of it, but I'm honestly not sure whats different about this version. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Darlar828 wrote:
I have a spell in my deck that I can't figure out - I have no idea what it is for. It has a picture of a large yellow double circle with read blotches inside. It says "target aura is destroyed dealing x1 (damage fist picture) "

thanks,

Hey there~ first of all, I have no idea how you got that card (it's a level 75 school-only quest spell for Balance in Avalon), unless yours is a treasure version. But, since I happen to be a Balance wizard, allow me to explain. ;)

The spell is called Supernova~ it's a Balance utility spell that's designed to take away enemy auras. If you're a Master Pyro, you don't need to be concerned with auras just yet, since you won't see them until you're in Celestia, or level 50+ (whichever comes first).

Before we get into specifics, I'll explain how auras work first.

Auras are enhancement spells, and appear as either pink, green, or blue bubbles around your enemy. Here's what they do:

PINK~ this is called Amplify, and boosts outgoing attacks by 15%, for 4 rounds. When your enemy has one on, his or her attacks against you hit 15% harder than usual.

BLUE~ similarly, Fortify reduces incoming damage for 4 rounds. If your enemy has one of these up, it cuts your attack power by 15%.

GREEN~ this represents one of 3 things:

INFALLIBLE means that your enemy's attack will not fizzle for 4 rounds.
MEND increases healing power by 25% for 4 rounds.

There's another one that I can't remember the name of, though players don't (to my knowledge) have access to it. It's a green aura that gives your enemy 15% bonuses to accuracy and armour piercing (they take away your resistance) for 4 rounds.

(If I'm wrong on this one, I hope someone will correct me.)

-

On to Supernova... It deals damage, but also removes the enemy aura. So, if the enemy has a pink (Amplify) aura up, Supernova will not only destroy that aura, but will deal damage as well.

Recommended reading: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Supernova

Hope this helps!

El Veeb
the Archmage of Awesomeness ;)

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Darlar828 wrote:

thanks,

Are you referring to Supernova? If so, that spell destroys your opponents star spells and deals 535 Balance damage.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
vonawesome1 wrote:

GREEN~ this represents one of 3 things:

INFALLIBLE means that your enemy's attack will not fizzle for 4 rounds.
MEND increases healing power by 25% for 4 rounds.

There's another one that I can't remember the name of, though players don't (to my knowledge) have access to it. It's a green aura that gives your enemy 15% bonuses to accuracy and armour piercing (they take away your resistance) for 4 rounds.

(If I'm wrong on this one, I hope someone will correct me.)

Infallible is the one that gives you 15% accuracy and armor piercing. :P