Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mega Mega Mega Pets!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 04, 2012
FunnyBunny77902 wrote:
Way of the ninja pig is like wipeout. xD

its pretty much a copy of wipeout :D

Survivor
Jun 30, 2012
Before I say something let me make this clear to each one of the master minds that will reply with a negative post about this : i have several spud pets yes, all epic, yes high pedigree yes you name it I got it if not you can visit my other account the reason why Im writting here is cause I think the pet system is horrible yes many ppl had complained well here are my .2Cents please dont tell me about farming your mega snacks, or gardening yes you can get some food that way my point is, why you dont create a system where you can guarantie the talents or at least show us if the freaking pet has it on the new egg you know not everyone that plays this game is a kid or has 10-12 hours daily to play the game some ppl work cough like myself I can enjoy the game for several hours you think is fair that some of us log in the game to raise a pet from epic-mega 2k whooping exp you know how many snacks is that plus energy ???? you def though that out alot before thinking about this mess what do I suppost to do quit my job or just lock myself in a room and hope that a light shines on my pet to get him to mega and then OMG a selfish talent!! really? Im very extremy pissed about you guys for not only making the pet system even worse but making it a more longer and crappy ty KI for this update and let me thank you also for the nice crafting gear we got in the game not only it took me almost 4 weeks to get all the blocks to make the spirit drums to find out that the gear I had on my mage from waterworks and winderdusk is way better.. never mind you guys dont care so im going to stop I guess IM going to enjoy the game while I can before I swicth to something else by the way this post is me blowing some steam just has to be a better way seriously...

Defender
May 19, 2012
I sincerely hope KI is paying attention to this thread and listening to their player base, as quite the majority of posts in this thread are against these new pet updates. I really feel the whole pet training system needs a total revamp, as it is very discouraging to say the least. A gain of 4 exp per game played, especially when leveling your pet from epic to mega, really seems hardly worth the time and effort, when you are not guaranteed a talent you want. :/

Survivor
Nov 06, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Pets can now be trained to Mega level and unlock a fifth combat talent and a fifth Derby ability!New pet talents will also be available on upcoming pets including Critical, Crit Block, Armor Piercing, Healing Boosts and Stun Resistance. You can now even feed your pet snacks after the Derby - TWICE!

but wait...there's more!

Get out there and get training your pets up to Mega with the new pet games that have appeared in the Pet Pavilion!

Grumpy Gobblers Game
Fire your pet at the target, adjusting direction, angle and power. Knock everything down to score a victory! Control direction and angle with arrow keys. Adjust the cannon's power with the power gauge. Use Space Bar on your keyboard or the "Fire" button to shoot.

Way of the Ninja Pig Game
Reach the end of the course before time expires! Be careful of obstacles to avoid getting knocked off the track. Use your arrow keys to move your pet back and forth and from side to side.

now i am really gonna need EMPs! cant wait to get my first mega pet :D

Survivor
Nov 30, 2011
KI i really like this but isnt 2000 for 10 pop kinda expensive? I guess while also training that if your actaully training probably by the time at mega every thing will be filled and its a random chance for talent or you just like to get captain canteloupe or try not to have any snacks on intellect or will :P. Thanks for this KI :)

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
grvy123 wrote:
TimidTimer5249 wrote:
:D cool mega pets wow this is gonna be awesome! i mean wizard101 admin keeps knowing what to add on to the game well done :)

its ki not just a wizard101 admin just throwing that out there

also @Lindia Greyrose
i havent really tried the new stuff in test realm
but i seen the new ninja pig game on youtube
and i gotta say i love it
its good
looks tough yet fun and addicting at same time in a smooth smoothie of epicness

looks great keep it up

also for the gobler catapult game
seems like a angry bird game somewhat XD
looks like my raven pet found a good game to get into
all that game needs is some pigs and its gonna be even more fun
Look for Feed Pet X2

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Wintercull wrote:
It surprises me how many people are annoyed with the new pet talent. Pet training isn't a mandatory, it's not something you have to do in order to progress in the game; it's an option. Pets can make the game easier, they can make the game more fun. Yes, I know people that have actually quit altogether because the pet training made them so crazy, but, to me, it boils down to: Don't like? Don't do it. If getting a pet to epic or even adult is all you want to do, that's fine, but there are some that are looking forward to the extra talent and are willing to work for it. I'm just glad we've been given the option for it and I'm glad they've kept test realm open long enough for us to level a few pets and see if any are worth training to that level in live. I doubt I'll do a pet to mega without checking in test first, but I'm glad to have that choice.

And, for people sweating the crown cost of mega snacks and how much real money it would cost to train a pet up that high, I'd point out that Deadly Helephant Ears and Evil Magma Peas are drop items now and even before that Cornbread Fruit Bush and Prickly Bear Cactus (both of which are gold items) drop mega snacks.

That all said, I really do hope we get double feeding bonuses for better-than-perfect runs, as mentioned above. :)
People listen to this person and heed their advice!

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
I have an idea-pets should have abilities like Canny that improve a pet's attributes outside of the usual abilities. Let them be obtained as an egg and called "Traits". I have heard complaints about "selfish abilities" and "useless abilities". This way they won't take up space for a better ability and won't waste people's time.

Survivor
Apr 09, 2012
How about this- Increase the amount of pet XP gained for every new level.Like-

Baby to teen- 0-4
Teen to adult- 0-6
Adult to ancient- 0-8
Ancient to epic- 0-10
Epic to mega- 0-12

Some might think that the xp gain is too high for ancient to mega but look at the amount of total xp we need for a level up- i mean it's real hard pet lvling anyway and at least people can level pets faster without getting too upset that their efforts/snacks went to waste( by getting those horrible selfish talents ugh.how many people do you actually see carrying around badges which say pet veteran or pet warlord?). Plus its like 8 energy a pop just for epic and 10 energy for mega (sorry if this is incorrect), which makes the actual continuous leveling time(not counting elixirs, since not everybody has crowns) just about 10-15 mins.

Just a thought :)

Seeya in the spiral
Matthew Level 74 Transcended sorcerer

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
Got my first pet to Mega. It really does take a long time.
I now have my second wizards gardening for snacks while my main is trying to amber.
I will reiterate the idea of a craftable energy elixir. That would be awesome.

I have now started hatching to get a triple damage death pet. Going to be a long road for sure!
pods

Survivor
Mar 18, 2011
pods1973 wrote:
I now have my second wizards gardening for snacks while my main is trying to amber.

I have now started hatching to get a triple damage death pet. Going to be a long road for sure!
pods

It does take a while, a lot of effort, and even more patience. However, I am one of three for worthwhile talents. Three pets to mega, and only one with a talent remotely useful to me.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
najjsivad wrote:
pods1973 wrote:

pods

It does take a while, a lot of effort, and even more patience. However, I am one of three for worthwhile talents. Three pets to mega, and only one with a talent remotely useful to me.

I guess you could say I am 1 for 1, because I got a talent at Mega that is useful (spritely), but I specifically tried to breed this talent out of the gene pool.
I am not complaining, as my pet has proof, sharp shot, pain giver, death giver and spritely. All pretty good talents.
But this is about a 10th generation pet so I would expect solid talents this far down the line.
pods

Survivor
Mar 18, 2011
DragonLady1818 on Aug 7, 2012 wrote:
I don't find this to be particularly enjoyable to begin with. Training pets to Epic has been one of the most boring and tedious things in the game. With an additional 2000 xp now added for Mega pets, I can guarantee it is not something I will be rushing to the Pet Pavilion for nor will I be buying Mega Snack packs......

It has always been my opinion to train a pet to adult in the Pet games then take them to maybe Grizz and finish training them in actual battle with better xp and rewards.

Have to agree with this quote - have trained a few pets to Mega and it has been mostly disappointing: one gave me health boost, another gave me a single school resist. Not quite worth the inordinate amount of time and effort.

I recommend that KI/W101 make the final talent more rewarding for the extreme work involved.