Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mega Mega Mega Pets!

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Pets can now be trained to Mega level and unlock a fifth combat talent and a fifth Derby ability!New pet talents will also be available on upcoming pets including Critical, Crit Block, Armor Piercing, Healing Boosts and Stun Resistance. You can now even feed your pet snacks after the Derby - TWICE!

but wait...there's more!

Get out there and get training your pets up to Mega with the new pet games that have appeared in the Pet Pavilion!

Grumpy Gobblers Game
Fire your pet at the target, adjusting direction, angle and power. Knock everything down to score a victory! Control direction and angle with arrow keys. Adjust the cannon's power with the power gauge. Use Space Bar on your keyboard or the "Fire" button to shoot.

Way of the Ninja Pig Game
Reach the end of the course before time expires! Be careful of obstacles to avoid getting knocked off the track. Use your arrow keys to move your pet back and forth and from side to side.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
May 26, 2010
Where is the button to feed your pets after the derby?
I cant seem to find it but everyone else can.

Explorer
Dec 09, 2008
Survivor
Jan 29, 2012
:D cool mega pets wow this is gonna be awesome! i mean wizard101 admin keeps knowing what to add on to the game well done :)

Defender
Jan 08, 2010
67qwerty wrote:
Where is the button to feed your pets after the derby?
I cant seem to find it but everyone else can.

I was wondering this too. Plz let us know anyone.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
TimidTimer5249 wrote:
:D cool mega pets wow this is gonna be awesome! i mean wizard101 admin keeps knowing what to add on to the game well done :)

its ki not just a wizard101 admin just throwing that out there

also @Lindia Greyrose
i havent really tried the new stuff in test realm
but i seen the new ninja pig game on youtube
and i gotta say i love it
its good
looks tough yet fun and addicting at same time in a smooth smoothie of epicness

looks great keep it up

also for the gobler catapult game
seems like a angry bird game somewhat XD
looks like my raven pet found a good game to get into
all that game needs is some pigs and its gonna be even more fun

Survivor
Apr 11, 2011
2000 points is really excessive at 10 energy a pop :|
I understand it's supposed to be a challenge and an achievement, but with how random pet training is, it's an extreme gamble if you're trying for specific talents.
It's already too much of a gamble to get some pets to epic. The randomness is a really big problem with pet training.
If you would give us some way to purchase or obtain some form of certainty (or even a percentage of a chance) to get what we wanted out of our pets it would be a huge relief.

I have been hatching and training pets for my wizards to no avail and I really just want to give up. I can't keep up with the gold, energy, snacks, and time it costs me just to fail each time.
Every time I get a pet to epic (if it shows any hint of promise for me to do so) I wind up with a massive disappointment at my wasted time, energy, snacks, etc. because I never get a talent that I want, or even a talent I would be okay with.

I guess my point is that.. we put in so much time and effort into this (some of us even a lot of real money) and yet... there is absolutely no guarantee and only a very small chance of success.
It's not right.

With how this system is, I would certainly not waste so many snacks and so much energy on something that could wind up as just another item card I never wanted clogging up my deck... or another "may cast ___" stalling my fights.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
It means after ranked derby you feed twice guys.

As for my question: (Lets admit, we are all confused on one level or another... lol)
Are there new pets? If so, what world do we get them in? XD ...Or were the talents added to certain pet talent pools o.o

Defender
Apr 08, 2011
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
FunnyBunny77902 wrote:
Way of the ninja pig is like wipeout. xD

And American Ninja (even comes with the "translator" like that show).

Delver
Aug 10, 2010
Has anybody actually finished the ninja pig game before the timer runs out? I haven't and none of my friends have either.

I really like the grumpy gobbler game, how about some bonuses for leftover shots and clearing in one shot? Maybe gold for leftover shots and if you clear it in one shot, you feed your pet but don't lose the snack.

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Pets can now be trained to Mega level and unlock a fifth combat talent and a fifth Derby ability! New pet talents are also available including Critical, Crit Block, Armor Piercing, Healing Boosts and Stun Resistance. You can now even feed your pet snacks after the Derby - TWICE!

but wait...there's more!

Get out there and get training your pets up to Mega with the new pet games that have appeared in the Pet Pavilion!

Grumpy Gobblers Game
Fire your pet at the target, adjusting direction, angle and power. Knock everything down to score a victory! Control direction and angle with arrow keys. Adjust the cannon's power with the power gauge. Use Space Bar on your keyboard or the "Fire" button to shoot.

Way of the Ninja Pig Game
Reach the end of the course before time expires! Be careful of obstacles to avoid getting knocked off the track. Use your arrow keys to move your pet back and forth and from side to side.

Professor Greyrose
I have a couple of questions about the new pet talents/mega.
Firstly is the mega level available to all pets or only new ones purchased/dropped etc after the test goes live.
Secondly, will the fifth talent be only one of the new ones such as crit block etc or does your pet still have a chance to develop a talent that you may have been wanting like spritely etc.
I hope you can spare the time to answer this so I can decide wether training my pets to mega level is worth it.
Thanks
James Dreamweaver Archmage Sorcerer1236

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
grvy123 wrote:
TimidTimer5249 wrote:

its ki not just a wizard101 admin just throwing that out there

also @Lindia Greyrose
i havent really tried the new stuff in test realm
but i seen the new ninja pig game on youtube
and i gotta say i love it
its good
looks tough yet fun and addicting at same time in a smooth smoothie of epicness

looks great keep it up

also for the gobler catapult game
seems like a angry bird game somewhat XD
looks like my raven pet found a good game to get into
all that game needs is some pigs and its gonna be even more fun

The Ninja game is long and doesn't pay off as it should for the length of time you're stuck playing it.
The Gobbler game is like the current cannonball game as has nothing to do with Angry Birds at all.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
FunnyBunny77902 wrote:
Way of the ninja pig is like wipeout. xD

LOL...yeah it is!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Personally adding more complexities to the pet training thing is the bone I prefer not to be thrown on how to improve it. The gap between a kids game and adult/older teens game is becoming wider by the up date.

Currently I don't sink all my time and energy (pun intended) into pet training/hatching. I find it long, drawn out and could end up to be a complete gold/crown pit for talents I don't even want.

I do find the Mega level funny - since I rarely bother past adult with most all my pets if they don't get at least 1 talent I want from them by then.

It seems more and more areas of the game are now leaning toward people who either have a lot of time or buy a lot crowns, completely dissing the ones that don't have either. If KI is designing for new players this all will probably be fine, it's the ones that have been on the game for a while and helped it grow that are going to notice it as a problem.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I don't find this to be particularly enjoyable to begin with. Training pets to Epic has been one of the most boring and tedious things in the game. With an additional 2000 xp now added for Mega pets, I can guarantee it is not something I will be rushing to the Pet Pavilion for nor will I be buying Mega Snack packs......

It has always been my opinion to train a pet to adult in the Pet games then take them to maybe Grizz and finish training them in actual battle with better xp and rewards.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
goldendragon18 wrote:
I don't find this to be particularly enjoyable to begin with. Training pets to Epic has been one of the most boring and tedious things in the game. With an additional 2000 xp now added for Mega pets, I can guarantee it is not something I will be rushing to the Pet Pavilion for nor will I be buying Mega Snack packs......

It has always been my opinion to train a pet to adult in the Pet games then take them to maybe Grizz and finish training them in actual battle with better xp and rewards.

Its going to drive me insane.... Anyone wanna gift me some splendid gear for pet energy in live? LET THE MASS EMP GARDENING BEGIN

Survivor
Apr 27, 2009
goldendragon18 wrote:

I couldnt agree more if your into pet training and farming they should be able to recieve exp from a battle just like your wizard. Maybee you could add some quests that you could train the pets on as well.

I have well over 200 pets that i kept...(trashed probally 150 just to make room)..Out of 200 4 are decent out of the 4 none of them have the exact talent i was hatching for.

I agree with others there needs to be a list of what the new talents are or most will not train to mega.

Only those with crowns and time will. Second since you have added items to reduce hatching times and hatch all eggs.

Why not make an item that cost crowns that once you train your pet to adult you purchase "The all seeing pet potion" that shows you the rest of the talents for your pet.

Then you will get more people in the long run buying crowns.

Or and including "The all seeing pet potion"

You make a crowns item that guarentees a spefic talent. You could even make it to where once the the pet eats the power of unicorn or fill in the blank they be come sterile where as you could not hatch with it.

Sorry for the long winded speal I spend alot of time and Crowns on this game for myself and kids only to be further pushed away by untenable goals.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
I LOVE the 5th talent! Wow, now all my pets can be better. Can't wait for this update to go live. I stocked up on Mega snacks during the sale :D

The new games are really fun, but the scoring on the Gobbler one seems strange. No matter what the number score says, I get 4 EXP if I knock down everything, or NO exp if i don't.

The Ninja obby is very hard! but maybe I just need to practice more.

Feeding after derby is great - I hope more people start racing, it's really fun.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THESE UPDATES!

Survivor
Jan 25, 2009
The new games are long it would take me 5 minutes just to finish the ninja pig game. I think it would be better if you had a timer and rewarded us by the distance we travel in the amount of time given.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
I've gotten maybe ten or fifteen pets to mega on test realm, only two were worth training up in live, and I do love the new fifth talent, I know that my friends and I have been requesting this for a while. Will it be a pain to take pets to mega? In live where I don't have crowns for energy elixir, yeah. Worth it, though, for the potential of four spots that boost my damage on storm and still get spritely, or boost my damage in a couple spots on ice and not have to sacrifice resist and sprite. Thank you!!

The new pet games were a lot of fun. The ninja pig obstacle run is super hard and not one I'll do very often on live, simply because my time is so limited on the game. Love the new gobbler cannon game, though. Nice alternative for the pet cannon.

Someone above mentioned the idea of an "all seeing pet potion" in the crown shop. Seconded! That would be a huge relief. Over the last year I've done nearly a thousand hatches (some days, I did two a day on all six characters. Talk about pets being a drag...) and trained most to adult and at least a hundred to epic, only to get maybe ten pets worth carrying into battle and pvp. I would love something to help me see what they're going to get before training.

I wouldn't like the idea of a pet potion that guarantees a talent, though, unless it was a frequent drop item, simply because that goes back to people that have real money to spend on the game getting an advantage over people that don't. As it is now, pet training is a pretty level playing field. People that can't or don't want to spend real money on pets can farm for mega snacks or plants that drop mega snacks. It may take longer, but it can still be done.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
My only problem with adding another level is now it gives me one more chance "not" to get any talent I want from a pet by adult.

I really don't see me ever training any pet past Ancient since I only have 1 now of all the pets I have. The investment in time is just too much for me since I don't buy Mega snakes or garden for the chance of drops. I never liked farming so that is out. Making one avenue in the game dependent on another is a bit annoying.

So now that crafting has gotten so over board, I am now going to add pets to the stuff I don't do any more.

I sign on to Wizards101 to play a game, not agonize over where to get an epic rare reagent or toss another useless pet I worked weeks on in my yard.

As time is goes on with each update, it is becoming more evident that players who purchase crowns are going to have a definite edge over those of us who don't buy them. In the end it is possible that there is a squeeze play going on, switching membership base to crown buyers over those who do not and forcing us out of the game.

Mary

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
brwac wrote:
My only problem with adding another level is now it gives me one more chance "not" to get any talent I want from a pet by adult.

I really don't see me ever training any pet past Ancient since I only have 1 now of all the pets I have. The investment in time is just too much for me since I don't buy Mega snakes or garden for the chance of drops. I never liked farming so that is out. Making one avenue in the game dependent on another is a bit annoying.

So now that crafting has gotten so over board, I am now going to add pets to the stuff I don't do any more.

I sign on to Wizards101 to play a game, not agonize over where to get an epic rare reagent or toss another useless pet I worked weeks on in my yard.

As time is goes on with each update, it is becoming more evident that crown players are going to have a definite edge over those of us who don't buy them. In the end it is possible that there is a squeeze play going on, switching membership base to crown buyers over those who do not and forcing us out of the game.Mary

I agree with you 100% except the last paragraph. Once Crowns players have purchased the full extent of the game, it is open to them for life. Many of them are not going to waste the extra money on crowns just to do more tedious, boring, annoying and obnoxious minigames to level a pet to Mega. It is bad enough now just going to Epic and not one that I will be doing again. If the Sub players are forced out, KI stands to lose a substantial amount of revenue.

The suggestion (idea) of leveling our pets during battle has been suggested in the past and I think one of the best. But as you can see, it is still mini games. Mega pets? Not me.

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
Geting them to epic was hard enough. It's frustrating you know the pulling out your hair and screaming kind of frustrating. and now after working so hard to level that pet up to epic getting 1000 you add a new you dont even go to 1500 or something like that you skip right to 2000! oh my gosh no why Why KI why? I dont think i can handle the stress of pet leveling anymore if there were better ways to do that other then play the same mind numbing game time after time after time over and over. Then even more time.

It would be ok but man this just takes the cake. Sad thing is will you guys listen nope most likely not. But what can i do about it not a thing i will just get the talents i want then stop with hatching and pet training all together. And spend my time doing something else. Because games should be fun and relieve stress not cause it.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
goldendragon18 wrote:
brwac wrote:

As time is goes on with each update, it is becoming more evident that crown players are going to have a definite edge over those of us who don't buy them. In the end it is possible that there is a squeeze play going on, switching membership base to crown buyers over those who do not and forcing us out of the game.Mary

I agree with you 100% except the last paragraph. Once Crowns players have purchased the full extent of the game, it is open to them for life. Many of them are not going to waste the extra money on crowns just to do more tedious, boring, annoying and obnoxious mini games to level a pet to Mega. It is bad enough now just going to Epic and not one that I will be doing again. If the Sub players are forced out, KI stands to lose a substantial amount of revenue.

The suggestion (idea) of leveling our pets during battle has been suggested in the past and I think one of the best. But as you can see, it is still mini games. Mega pets? Not me.

oops sorry - I meant what you said - I did edit - I did mean players who buy extra crowns - not used to buy areas in the game. I agree they probably won't be the ones spending extra on pets, it is probably mainly subs who purchase crowns for extras.