Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More Pet Updates

AuthorMessage
Administrator
New Potions!Two new Pet Hatching potions are in the SHOP for Crowns:

• Hatching Elixir: This will hatch all the eggs you currently have in your backpack.
  • Purreau's Potion #9: This will reset your hatching timer and allow you to hatch two pets immediately.
  • These potions are Crowns only as they shortcut time in the game.

• Broc Connery is a new Arena Pet Snacks Vendor ready to sell you high end pet snacks for Arena tickets you've won through PvP or the Derby.
  • Lots of new pet snacks throughout the Spiral

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
I'm disappointed with the new Arena Ticket pet snacks. I'd prefer snacks that would actually put a dent in that 2000 xp goal for Mega and aren't just recycled low rank snacks you can get anywhere else.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
One request: Can you list the affects when you scroll over them, so people don't end up using crowns on something they don't know what it will do.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Lucario450 wrote:
I'm disappointed with the new Arena Ticket pet snacks. I'd prefer snacks that would actually put a dent in that 2000 xp goal for Mega and aren't just recycled low rank snacks you can get anywhere else.

True, I was EXTREMELY dissapointed. But I am not going to rant about it, lol. BTW in my other reply I meant the potions...

Survivor
Oct 09, 2011
Delver
Apr 11, 2012
The thing that really bugs me is that 'Mega' XP for your pet is 2,000. Seriously, 2,000? My eyes are glued ....

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
The new pet potions (and crafting potion) are very handy! I have wished for this for a long time.

Broc Connery's snacks seem very low for the ticket cost. How about some rank 7s or 8s at that price?

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:

• Hatching Elixir: This will hatch all the eggs you currently have in your backpack.
  • Purreau's Potion #9: This will reset your hatching timer and allow you to hatch two pets immediately.

• Broc Connery is a new Arena Pet Snacks Vendor ready to sell you high end pet snacks for Arena tickets you've won through PvP or the Derby.

My question is if you get all the way to mega in test on a perfect pet to get dashing that doesn't help does that translate to live or not because wasnt only 4 talents predetremined at the eggs hatch?

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
Galaxyl0l wrote:
The thing that really bugs me is that 'Mega' XP for your pet is 2,000. Seriously, 2,000? My eyes are glued ....

If you pay attention to the trend you will see that every time the pet levels up the XP needed doubles. from 125 to 250 to 500 to 1000 and now 2000. It is perfectly fine and right on target. No need for complaining.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
dodgeballking wrote:
Galaxyl0l wrote:

If you pay attention to the trend you will see that every time the pet levels up the XP needed doubles. from 125 to 250 to 500 to 1000 and now 2000. It is perfectly fine and right on target. No need for complaining.

And next shall be 4,000...

Survivor
Aug 24, 2009
Survivor
Jun 18, 2012
Galaxyl0l wrote:

Dude, just buy a bunch of mega snacks, it's not really that hard. The only real downfall is the fact that it costs so much energy.

Wolf Silverspear lvl 20 adept Thaumaturge

Explorer
Feb 22, 2011
If you are going spend crowns, please buy EMPs instead. :) Better bang for your crowns. :)

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Arena tickets for Pet Snacks? That in my opinion is not practical if you really take a good look at it.

This is another one of those things that if you DO NOT PvP or do the Pet Derby, you are basically out of luck if it is a snack you like to use. Most of the ones I have see marked for tickets on Test are generally those that I don't use but do sell quite often. So unless those snacks can be SOLD for Arena tickets. Not Practical.

Explorer
Apr 15, 2012
Lucario450 wrote:

YES!!! I am so glad that someone said the exact same thing I said in another thread.
I use level 7, 8, and 9 snacks. But these awesome snacks that I have hundreds of don't even put a dent in the 2000 points I have to get to raise my pets to mega. Why would I use ALL of my snacks for just one pet when I have multiple wizards?

The vendor does NOT sell high end snacks. If you consider level 4, 5, and 6 snacks "high end", then KI and the wizard community are most definitely not on the same page.

Defender
May 19, 2012
I don't see why high end snacks would be limited to those who pvp or run the derby anyways. Not everyone likes to do those things, but would love to level their pets up for combat. Why not make high end snacks for ALL your players rather than a select group of players? It almost makes me think there are not that many people interested in those areas of the game, and KI is trying to 'coax' more participation in those areas by offering them an advantage over other players. :/

Survivor
Sep 15, 2011
Each pet has several phases for growth and some wizards have so many pets that are alike it's hard to tell them apart. Wouldn't it be awesome to have pets that look a tiny bit older for each phase it is in?

I have a fire leopard right now, and although it is very cute it does not look like the age that it is... When it's ancient or older it will seem to have IMAGe because it looks like a baby still.

Wouldn't it be cool that other people could tell your pet is old enough for hatching with at a glance? Heck yes!

Mastermind
May 31, 2009
Yes meeting a 1000 point level is tough enough but now 2000, a second level of 1000 would have been suffecient. Like the player said, I would like to see some really high mega snacks that will knock a dent in this 2000.
When I saw the 2000 i just stop leveling.

Defender
Mar 09, 2011
Professor Greyrose on Jul 23, 2012 wrote:

Is there any way we could make it to where we could sell those arena pet snacks for arena tickets?

Survivor
May 13, 2010
Just Add Bacon on Oct 31, 2012 wrote:
Is there any way we could make it to where we could sell those arena pet snacks for arena tickets?
That might not work. That is because then someone could get a bunch of the arena ticket pet snacks and sell them to get the arena ticket furniture and gear.

Explorer
Oct 03, 2009
MidnightMT101 on Aug 8, 2012 wrote:
The max xp for each level are multiplied by 2 for each level
baby-->teen=125
teen-->adult=2x125=250
adult-->ancient=2x250=500
...and so on

Survivor
Dec 22, 2010
Mage1524 on Aug 16, 2012 wrote:
I keep running out of crowns for the mega snacks to train.
yes me too! they need to go on sale more often, please

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
Personally, the mega tier is not worth it. i've only bothered to take one pet to mega, an ianthine hound with may cast unicorn and tower and double resists, and after about a month of training, finally got stormblade may cast. Because thats going to be handy on my myth. On a side note, if you drop some crowns on packs, you can get up to about 130 energy once you hit arch, minus out 40-60 for plants and i was able to train pets about 7 times a day directly after gardening, and another time or two throughout the day. Again, not recommending hitting this tier unless you have perfect pet without any unknown talents in it, but if you go for this mega snacks are a must (farming avalon bosses for Evil Magma Peas or Gh Mobs for Couch potatoes is the best) and nice energy gear helps. Additionally, yes the overlap of the arena ticket snacks are rather annoying. Something rank 7 with 10-15 xp at least would be nice.