Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Quest Icons on the Map

AuthorMessage
Administrator
New and ready to be completed quests will now show up on your Map. A yellow ring will indicate who you need to talk to on the Map.

Remember press M for Map when you're not in a duel!

community@wizard101.com
Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
This is going to help so many people. Main things I see it helping:
People finding the new crafting quests
Finding the deck shop quest for Master of the Oasis
Finding missing quests that they skipped by accident

Survivor
Jun 07, 2012
Delver
Feb 28, 2012
So I need to re-visit every zone of every world to see which ones have a golden ring? There are 135 zones (Counting taken from www.wizard101.com/game/area-pricing)

Why not just add another section to the "book": "Available quests not started": List the name of person to find, with the world they are in, and make it so that my quest helper will point to them.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
What would also be nice is to see ALL repeatable bosses still showing on your map after you have completed an area.

Many times I have wanted to go back to a certain boss in some of the lower worlds but do not remember their actual locations. It sometimes takes a while to re-locate them. I am sure that there are other players that would also like to see those boss icons.

Explorer
Apr 05, 2012
Is it possible to add a set of check boxes to turn the icons on or off?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Am a smidgen confused - will this be for quests you have taken already or for anyone who has an available quest for you? Since taken quests are kept in my book already am not sure what the ring around person giving it would help?

In the end, I have noticed, a lot of people are interested in the main quest line only. To bad this update did not show mains in one color and sides in another and then as you take them the color circle goes away but the quest giver stays on the map.

For me these improvements seem to always fall short of actually being a help I was looking for. I think the quest arrow updates have been nothing but problems for a lot of wizards and it seems new updates continue to be added to the game while old bugs remain unfixed. Or it may just be me?

In the end is it possible that KI would like wizards to become more interactive with their quest book and map?

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
The best thing done this update even better than the new pets mini games.
Thank you!

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
brwac wrote:
Am a smidgen confused - will this be for quests you have taken already or for anyone who has an available quest for you? Since taken quests are kept in my book already am not sure what the ring around person giving it would help?

In the end, I have noticed, a lot of people are interested in the main quest line only. To bad this update did not show mains in one color and sides in another and then as you take them the color circle goes away but the quest giver stays on the map.

For me these improvements seem to always fall short of actually being a help I was looking for. I think the quest arrow updates have been nothing but problems for a lot of wizards and it seems new updates continue to be added to the game while old bugs remain unfixed. Or it may just be me?

In the end is it possible that KI would like wizards to become more interactive with their quest book and map?

I'm in the same boat here. I'm not sure what is the purpose of the yellow ring??

Is it just quests that we have accepted and need to work on?

Or is it for "anybody" in that area who might have a quest for us that we haven't accepted yet?

I can see the point if it is the second one -- a quest we haven't accepted yet.

Otherwise, we have the quest in our log file. Why do we need the yellow ring?

And I also would like to see some identification on "main" versus "side" quests. That would be a huge help!

I'm still not sure about the updates on the quest helper arrow. Sometimes they work okay, and sometimes they don't. :(

Defender
Jun 08, 2011
Professor Greyrose? I have a question.

A pulsing yellow ring around a map icon means that there is a quest to start there, while a solid or steady yellow ring means that a quest already in your book continues there, correct?

If that is the case, why are there two bears with pulsing yellow rings in the Northguard map when Snorri Oysterbloom has a quest for you, but both vanish when you take his quest? The second bear who appears on the map with a quest icon is Kojan Greyhammer, but he doesn't have anything over his head. This is confusing.