Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Piggle banks

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 14, 2011
Ok, I wrote down this idea a while ago, and had a lot of positive feedback, but unfortunately, it was lost to the sands of time. So, I'm just coming back, putting it out there again, and putting up a couple of additions.

So, you know, sometimes you are trying to save up for something really expensive, like a house or a mount, but you need to go to the bazaar and buy a new robe, because you just leveled up and can get higher leveled equipment. So, you head down to the bazaar and see all the money you have, so you buy the best and most expensive robe. And you know, why not get a hat to match, and maybe some new boots, and hey, maybe a new wand wouldn't hurt too much. Then you decide, hey, I could use some more furniture, so you find some really cool stuff and spend a ton of money. That is up to a few weeks worth of saving money, down the drain.

So, I think we should have cute little piggy banks that we can store money and crowns in. This will allow us to put a budget on how much money we can spend at one time, and it can also teach kids how to save money. It will also raise the max amount of money we can have.

There will be a few different types of piggy banks. There will be piggle banks that float in midair, and there will be a ninja piggy bank. You can buy these at the furniture store in wizard city, and you can pick what color they will be. Depending on how much you want to pay for your piggy bank, it sill cost different amounts of money. Say, 100 gold for a piggy bank that will hold 1000 gold and 1000 crowns, and 1000 gold for one that can hold 10,000 gold and 10,000 crowns. Maybe the largest piggy bank will cost 50 crowns will host our max amount of gold and that same amount of crowns.

The main purpose of the bank is to help us save money. It will make it harder to buy things, thus discouraging us from buying things we do not need. If you want to buy something you can not afford, you have to go all the way back home, remove the money from your bank, and go all the way back to the bazaar. And of course, having a piggy bank will be completely optional.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2011
That's an amazing idea! I would definitely buy one! That would help me a lot with saving up for something like that Grizzleheim house that I really want to craft. :D

See ya in the Spiral!

Taylor Swift (no, I'm not really Taylor Swift), level 36, Magus Sorcerer

Survivor
Sep 19, 2011
You should earn a profit from this gold(just like interest in a real bank account)

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
I don't think 50 crowns is enough for the largest. If it can hold over 200,000 gold and crowns, then it should be about 2.5k-5k crowns.

Explorer
May 10, 2009
I would like to see this in the game. I often find myself reaching max gold or spending too much money . This would help me out a lot, and I would certainly spend 50 crowns for the best pigglebank.

Defender
Mar 19, 2011